The Block

More
3 years 6 months ago #355446 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
The "BIT"

Attachment bit.jpg not found

Attachment download3.jpg not found

The BIT. In the Hero's Journey, we can find the BIT almost anywhere a Hero is. The BIT is that binary presence, that YES or NO. We don't get much out of them but its mainly by just them being there that they benefit us. The strange part is they are not really there for us and that's really not their sole purpose either. They have their own story. Their benefit is really just the ability to bounce ideas or cares off them or to be able to just listen to us. For some parts of our path, that's really all we need. Granted, after a while, the BIT CAN become a different part and can have a bigger role, more than just yes or no, but for the most part, they are pretty much at that level all the time. Yes or no.

Ever had that walk with that one person? The stroll around the block or the walk in the park? That cup of coffee or that drink your needing. Some times its over the eggs or bread or even just over the phone. I've taken walks with my wife's Grandfather, Papa. That man is a walking tree, Ent like. He is huge, and I'm tall myself. I look up to him figuratively and literally. He has a Masters degree in Forestry. We have shared coffee over the darndest of conversations. I got a buddy Ried that we don't talk much but when we do he's pretty much strait forward and clear. He does not hesitate to drop truth like a anvil. YES. NO. Nahhhhhh. We talk, but its very limited. I have a few friends I am that way with too.
One of the greatest examples of the BIT is R2D2.

Attachment r2d2.jpg not found

All this character does is Beep and Boop and flash lights YET...

He is there from the very beginning and even changes character at times. There is a famous quote, "Never underestimate a..." droid? A what? A sterile answer? A computed yes or no? Each character has some type of BIT and they use them to bounce off ideas and feelings more than a pet, a piece of them. Some talk and communicate more than others but its the ability to be the BIT that some Heroes need at certain times.
Sometimes, for others, I play the droid or the BIT. That's ok too. Im no Tony Stark but I can be a Jarvis. Sometimes I am no John Snow but I can be Sam. Sometimes I am no Frodo but I can be his Gamgee. I'm no Taran but I can be a Gurgee. I am no Harry but I can be his Hagrid. Merida had wisps. Spider man had his "Peter tingle." The BIT is out there almost always. That gut feeling at times. That voice we hear from the past that's ... limited. All I can remember is....insert small "a bit" of information..... Sometimes we can be that little bit of information some need or get that small amount of encouragement that can free some one or help the flow, well , flow. Something to think about Temple of the Jedi Order. May the Force we share be with you today and this week!
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mkendall

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #355781 by Carlos.Martinez3
This week had been "wonk-ey." Little brother as making a enclosure for our turtles and cut the internet cord. Yay fun so ...... here is what yall missed on Monday in the Discord.

The Gifts we get and give.

In the Hero's Journey and in our life's, we often find gifts or they are given to us at times in our paths for our paths. Shields in particular were on the topic Monday.

What do shields look like in real life? The insignia and the size usually tell what each " form" will follow the shield. Most time you can not fight without a shield. You have to be close to use one, I mean directly hand to hand. Some wisdom is hard to pass as some tools need a bit of practice. Most time its the direct practices that needs the contact and the practical use of things. Shields are no exceptions. Wisdom can be the shield we use to defend or guard ourselves at times, but it WILL take use and action.
Sabers were a great example of shields and gifts, eventually we as Modern Day Jedi understand that we can create our own sword or defense and can even change it as we see fit or as the need arises. In some story's, the Hero finds gifts from just being present. Some times they get the gift that they will need for a specific time or place. Some gifts no one gives but are earned as well. The Human Potential is vast as is the Hero's Journey, Something to think about friends, and a invite. This is all we share at times, just Modern Day Jedi stuff!

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355857 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment tenor1.gif not found

This week, If you like, think about our Light Sabers for a bit. In our Lore and in our Star Wars cannon as well as in the Cinema, The Light Saber is a weapon or tool that the Jedi use after they have become a Jedi Knight. If you can not tell by the robes the Light Saber gives it away.
I'm a Modern day Jedi myself. What I say and teach, can be as bright as a Saber itself and just as powerful.
In the pursuit of speech and actions and communication, it is character that often comes to the surface. Where and when we find it, can mean as much a form as Saber forms them self's. How do you swing your Saber? Blindly and with malice? Are there alterior motives often? How we fight and display our own character can be as important as our own Jedi training in real life. This week, take a look at your training in a way that brings what we say to light. What exactly are we displaying when we begin to speak? What color is your Light Saber really?
May the Force we share be with yall!
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #356039 by Carlos.Martinez3
Blind Hate

Pastor Carlos here for the Order. I woke up this morning to a flood of people just hating. I don't watch the news or watch TV. My own moral choice. This past week I've been watching and I have noticed the BLIND HATE that lives in every single one of us, me included. Some blind hate is in the songs we sing or in the things we watch. Most blind hate lives in our minds. That's where it starts. In the beginning ... we don't know its hate. Blind hate is often in plain view but not called that. Have any idea what its called sometimes?? I found mine off the cape of pride. Some of my taught pride was in fact hating some one without any prior knowledge of them or any thing else or by just a few details. When we call it prejudice, we CAN miss the Hydra's heart and swing at the heads. When we call it blind hate, it can be taken for what its worth. Every make decisions or have some pre idea of some one and not even know their name? Happens to me somedays too and that's one thing I personally work on, ridding myself of stickers and lines as I call them.

There is a story written by Max Lucado about stickers and Wemmicks. Its a very Abrahamic type of read. I am not Abrahamic by any means but yet I recommend the read.
https://www.christianbook.com/lucados-wemmicks-are-special-picture-book/max-lucado/9780891079316/pd/79319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHyVH0BCJns&feature=emb_title

not our platforms and not our videos and are subject to their own rules and such

This lesson I give directly to my students here in the Temple, can you figure why?
Pastor Carlos
Have a great week!

Attachment punchanello.jpg not found

Dots got ya down, share in your Journals and ill gladly respond! Force be with you

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #356071 by
Replied by on topic The Block
I remember receiving that book as a gift in high school when I was going through a rough time. I still have it almost 20 years later.

I am fond of that book because of the thoughts behind the person that gave it to me. It took me a while to decouple my lack of theology and the ability to appreciate the message.

More
3 years 5 months ago #356209 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ever see something that you recognize but do not? Like something familiar or from a story? Ever see something happen in life and think, "That reminds me of something or some one I know." Ever get a frequency of "frequent" from strangers or from places? Ever had a connection you didn't understand? What do you do with these? How do you explain them? Some people I meet I just ... get. Some I meet I often don't. This isnt a ancient secret or "force works" of any type but the Force at work. When we begin to acknowledge just a bit more in our path we can have just a bit, more.
This week, if it helps, notice what your touching or connecting or even just frequenting. Notice it. Thank it. Join in. Cultivate something new.
Stir the pot. Don't stir some one else pot, stir your pot. See what ya find.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zeth Windwrecker, Diana W

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #356429 by Carlos.Martinez3
Upgrades

In the Hero's Journey, we find times when we receive things or gifts. We use these gifts and we become efficient and we begin to get a feel for things in life and these tools. What happens when the tools aren't cutting it or the gifts just aren't enough at times or things get blunted or used? Upgrades!
Funny thing about upgrades is you need existing tools or weapons to get the upgrades. They do you no good to have upgrades for tools and purposes you will never go through. Upgrades can help big time. Take some time this week to think about Jedi Upgrades. What do they look like? My wife is a Upgrade. Flat out. Some of us, our "Significant other" is the Upgrade. For some its the friend that's actually a friend. We find upgrades in the strangest and the furthest places, kinna like in a story we once heard or a game or a ... IDEA. Sometimes WE are the Upgrade for others.
People
Faiths
Actual Practices in mind body and soul
Ways
Ideas
New circle of people
Books
Shows
TIME Management
In the Hero's Journey - find the upgrades. Find the people or places you could use. Ask around. You would be surprised the things you find when ya just ... ask around. Sharpen your sword or in our case- upgrade Sabers or equipment or people or ideas. Try something new but the same. Turn to you for a bit and make a few upgrades when you can where ya can, that's life at its finest, always adjusting always balancing. Happy seeking friend and Jedi.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356594 by Carlos.Martinez3
the Re Up

There comes a time when in our travels and in our journeys, when we run low on supplies. For the most part if your like me, I keep trucking on and keep going without things like proper pens paper and utilities. There are places and people that exist that we can RE UP at or with. Some of us as Modern day Jedi are the Re up. Some of us are the shop keepers and some of us are the need-ers. Some of us need a cup of hot beverage and some of us pick and plant the Tea or coffee. Sometimes in the Hero's Journey we get gifts and things but thats not what I am talking about. It is DURING the path or the course or the time that we need those small adjustments of things. There will be times we need things but not the whole things, just parts or adjustments. Keep your Modern Day Jedi eyes open and you will find what it is you seek. You may even find that small piece at some place during your path you just... needed.

The RE UP
Think about it this week, if you need one, chances are you aint the only one.
Where do you go to Re up on things or adjustments? My hope is that a place like this can be the hub for adjustments and finding of new things.
Are you the shop keeper or the shop seeker, or both?
May the Force be with yall this week.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356597 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic The Block
I tend to be the shopkeeper. I think I have been not long after I became a Jedi. Being 'the guide' is in my nature.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 4 months ago #356599 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment e47b9b785ecd92a5497e106d417186d8.png not found

I am right there with you some days

Build, not tear down.
Attachments: