The Block

More
3 years 4 months ago #356769 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Here is a assignment for everyone willing in the Temple. Give me your best description of HOPE. If you need help start like this... Hope is like ... a box of chocolates .... (example)

Do your best to give me a description of hope from you. Not from a text book or a google search but from what ya got going on in your life. Post it in your journal or here in this very thread. I want to hear and read what hope is to you all. This weeks topic is for us to describe in our best best, what hope is to us, to us individually. You can be general or specific. I wanna hear em go, Ill post mine as well.

What is the real hope you have friends and Modern day Jedi? Can you describe the REAL hope for the REAL things you have. post your answers here or in your journal if you like. Let me know, I really wanna know, link me here if you like as well. May the Force we share be with yall!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356771 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/122939-pastors-journal?start=30#356770

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356904 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Hero's Journey is everywhere. If our life is lived in this realm, then the Hero's Journey can be a map for some of us. What happens when nothing works? What happens when things you plan are prepared properly and you got everything you need and you still don't accomplish your task?
What do we as Modern Day Jedi do?
My encouragement to y'all today is to try and remember something…
This weekend, me and the family tried to "rough it" with our new tent outside. We had everything, lights heaters and fire and food and cups and plates... but our 3 year old wasn't having it. It just wasn't in the cards for her. She didn't like it at bed time. Nap time was fine, it was the bed time sleep that got us. So, like any good parent, there we go at 1 am cold and inside.
Some times in our life's we can get ready. Some times, we can be ready and for no fault of our own, things wont go our way or wont do what we had hoped. I'm here to tell ya that things like this are real and natural. Don't let it throw ya off. Keep seeking and keep going. Part of the Path is adjusting and balancing every day some days. If things don't go your way, don't get upset or even thrown off, understand that things do happen and some times ya cant camp in the back yard. Some nights aren't for camping. Some nights aren't for certain things and some seasons aren't for everything we like. Keep that in mind this holiday season as things begin to "get ready" for the holidays- add some grace to the equation and see if you don't have a different outcome.

May the Force be wit yall this holiday season
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #357049 by Carlos.Martinez3
THE ROCK

Attachment download1.jpg not found

Im not talking about one of my role models as far as cinema and acting is concerned. You know, the bald headed coconut that asks you if you smell things? Joke. I am talking about the rock in your shoe. There can come a time in the the Hero's Journey when they we find small things in the way or just not meshing. It wont throw things completely off but if you do not take care of it, it can potentially become hazardous. These types of this happen all the time and most time we just let them keep rubbing us or keep hurting. Its so small its ok. YET... things are happening on the inside that are making things not so helpful. Often times, I have seen me do it too, after so long we get "used" to the rock in our shoes. We get used to the things that are small to us but are actually kinna hurtful. I can never tell you directly what some things are yours and which are mine, I can only identify my own directly. But what I can say is this, Take some time to sit down and maybe... Take the rock out your shoe? Take time to find these little things that are bothering you. This is the holiday season, fresh socks and clean feet help make a long road not so long.
Life is full at times friends. Life can bring things that can snag us but not in a huge way. Its the little things that can get us at times. Check your path and check your boots often friends. Your feet with thank you and as do I.
May the Force be with you
From one Modern Day Jedi to the other
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 3 months ago #357217 by Carlos.Martinez3
LAST CALL LAST CALL COME ONE COME ALL

This is the last Monday of 2020.
Bye
There is a meditation challenge for New Years day every one is invited to join. Ill be in the sunrise of 2020. Join me when ever you wake as I will be there as long as i possibly can. Its a custom to greet the year for me and ANYONE willing - I will see ya there.

Last week of the year and I am kinna ok with seeing it go.

No one was ready for 2020. I wasnt. I have not meet any one who was. Thats kinna how life works. The FORCE, same way. This year we were not ready and even if I could have sent me a message, I honestly do NOT think I would even believe myself. Please Please Please.

Take some time, make some time, cut it out and pause. Man what a year. If you are alive, you made it. Some days I feel like every morning means so much more now than they did prior to this Pandemic. Nothing actually changed but my FOCUS. The world will not ever be the same. Its always changing and ever growing and dying. Give and take. This is natural. Some of the events were man made. For the most part- we will never get back to yesterday friends. Ready for tomorrow? I am, you can be too. We may not be ready for EVERYTHING, no one is. Your not expected to. Be ready and remember that we are never alone in the Hero's Journey of life, all we have to do is look around. Even those who sport the "Solo" arnt alone.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #357427 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment Cotivy_Master_Henri_de_Vulcop__French_active_about_1450_-_1485_-_Philosophy_Consoling_Boethius_and_Fortune_Turning_the_Wheel_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg not found

This is a old picture from a Google search.

Its the Wheel of Fortune

There are many IDEAS I want to share with you but todays secret is the WHEEL OF FORTUNE. It come from the idea that at any given time, we as humans - regardless of rank rate or title can be in some process of up - down.

No human is exempt from this idea.
At any given time some one will die and a new baby will be born- same time.
Some one will win like some one will lose. Some one will be on their way to the "pit" or just getting out of one or many. The whole idea is there is no regard for those who live, the wheel of fortune is a part of life as much as the Hero's Journey. Knowing this... remember Modern Day Jedi ...
There are times where we play parts in the Journey for us and at the same time sometimes, for others. Every one is at different levels in life and in the wheel of fortune so remember that. That's all...If remembering this brings just a LITTLE Modern Day Jedi to your table then I am down for that. Remember, we are all on our OWN journey right NEXT to others here. Pass some peace with a side of a pen and paper friend, we all go through it. The wheel of fortune can help us remember this and give a bit more grace rather than add salt to things already salty.
May the Force we share find you today
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #357636 by Carlos.Martinez3
pssst

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/124628-you-are-invited#357630

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #357852 by Carlos.Martinez3
4. Jedi are wary of attachments, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions and people creates the fear of losing those possessions and relationships which can cause ourselves to be trapped in a state of depression and loss.

Jedi teaching 4!

There is a idea that in every steady constant, eventually those steady constant's ...sync.
Ever sat at in a turning lane and see all the blinkers blink random. Every vehicle has some type of timing mechanism that makes every bulb - blink. If you watch any steady constant, eventually ALL the lights blink together for a few turns then goes back to their routine blink.

This concept is very important to every Modern Day Jedi for a very real reason.
In life things happen. Some things happen with no fault of any one in our circle. Just because its time.... or its that turn to "sync."

There will be moments thing happen and there really isnt a blame or a fault more than it was time to sync.
The Hero's Journey is a great thing sometimes. If its mindfulness we seek then let me lay ya some skin on this one....
Remember and be WARY that things ARE NOT against you some times. Some times there is NO plot to get you. Some times your not the key source of aim on things. Some time we just need to be aware of our situation and realize, Sometimes its because things just do sync. Its natural. What's not is often our reactions to things. But thats another day. Being Wary often means paying attention.

Can you see it now? Things just blink at the same time? Some things just happen because- NOT ON US OR ANYTHING WE HAVE DONE.

My hope is that during our paths, as they cross or as we share em, we share more than just names and dates and book, but a core idea that some things ARE NOT our fault in life. There is often less fault when you realize there is a "sync' that happens naturally. May the Force be with you as we all seek it and share it and even share it.

The Hero's Journey- fewer reasons to blame somedays SMILEY FACE
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KerianTi, Diana W

More
3 years 2 months ago #358013 by Carlos.Martinez3
Four and a Half years we have met every Monday with a every day word for every day people.

Thats a LONG TIME to do one thing lol

This NEXT MONDAY I'm going to invite the WHOLE TEMPLE to join me. NEXT MONDAY wake up and MEDITATE with me. Start the MONTH together. Things ARNT returning to normal any time soon and things are just as "unknow" as anything can be.
If you like, join me... Wake up any time you do and sit or drink or to Meditate with me every Month the First Monday of the month. Feel free to journal your findings or your what ever. Link me too if you like. Ill post mine here. This time we are in is soooo unsure. Care to join, WAKE UP AND MEDITATE ONCE A MONTH WITH ME? You are invited.. Any questions hit me up directly or here or on discord.

see ya there hopefully

This week we are chatting about Killing our dragons and taming em in Discord. Good bread and good stuff.
One of the things we eventually have to find out in our paths of life is who we are and how we act. This reveals much and often that … EGO or that Dragon that get us.

Having Mentors for such things is sooooo important. Not for a THOU SHALT DO THISSSSS, but for a guide and warning and instruction. For me, chatting with those who loose their temper as quickly as I do isn't what I waanna learn. I know how to be a fool, I look for the NOT ME OFTEN. Like minded people bring many things. People with character can be anyone from any walk of life. This is a HIDDEN secret of Modern day Jedi ism. The line and title eraser. Jedi. You can learn anything.... even what ya dont know.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358216 by Carlos.Martinez3
Good time zone Yall!!

If you like, statr the day in meditation. I invited the Temple to do a morning meditation with me today. When you wake -meditate.

This month was the idea of TOUCH.
How are we connected an how does OUR actual connections work. Ive posted my own Findings and encouragment.
Taken from here : https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/124628-you-are-invited#358215

Touch is a very important thing for me in my own path. PastorCarlos here again. Touch is how I actually live when I think about it. All these books and all these lessons... How are they applied? Most time for me its touch. There is a old saying farmers taught me and its " It matters at the hand shake." Theres a million and one sayings that mean many things but this one in paticular stuck today. My own Modern Day Jedi ism starts at the hand...
...keyboard some days...
What really connects us some times?
My religion feeds and cloths and gives. My choice. To do this, ya kinna need to be in the street some times or even in the ditches. Not all the time really but most time it helps. Im not saying live in a gutter, nope but if thats where ya stay then at least clean it up. I meet people ALL THE TIME by manners really. Its manners usually that connects me with some one first or my speech or the touch...

This gosh dern LOCK DOWN has seperated us

There is a move quote by a Star Wars character , two worth today actually
One
Its when they seperate us ... That they win

and Two
"That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love." The Last Jedi.

By our touch most time we can apply both.
Somthing to think about friends.

Next month we will do it again togeather. If you got a good idea to mediate to please let me know here or in a PM or direclty or on Discord. I look foward to reading yalls stuff!
May the Force CONTINUE TO BE WITH YALL AS WE ALL SEEK IT EVERY WHERE WE DO.

Feel free to share or even better keep this idea all month long and post your findings in your own jounral or here.

DARE TO SHARE?

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135