Ive Finally discovered the meaning of Life!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14413 by
Huh?Good point.

The other side of that story is what i already posted.
That even when people get the answer they still aren't happy.

Slartibartfast \"I'd much rather be happy than right any day\"

So why ask for some thing that you'll just question analizy and discard as untrue.May be we aren't meant to understand the answer so thats why we reject most answers?

like what Drizzt Do Urden said \"its what leads to the ending that is important\"

heres a star wars quot that also states that the context and the moment is more important than the end/answer.

Yoda: \" All his life has he looked away to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph.\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 days ago #14440 by Br. John
A person getting enlightened is like the moon reflecting in the water. The moon does not get wet, the water is not disturbed. Though it is a great expanse of light, it reflects in a little bit of water; the whole moon and the whole sky reflect even in the dew on the grass; they reflect even in a single drop of water. Enlightenment not disturbing the person is like the moon not piercing the water. A person not obstructing enlightenment is like the dewdrop not obstructing the heavens.

-Dogen, \"Flowers Fall\"

From \"365 Buddha: Daily Meditations,\" edited by Jeff Schmidt. Reprinted by arrangement with Tarcher/Putnam, a division of Penguin Putnam Inc.

The post that started this thread is from a person tasting Satori for the first time. It does feel like you know the meaning of everything because it this miraculous state the mind looses all since of questioning.

\"My master told me to love my enemy so I obeyed her and loved myself.\"

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 days ago #14465 by
WOW thats deep!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi