Ive Finally discovered the meaning of Life!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14303 by
By studying the basic fundamental basic universal truths found in all religions and faiths. Through contemplating over the teachings of of the heroes through out the ages such as Moses, Jesus Buddha, Muhammad, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, etc I have finally found the answer to \"What is the meaning of Life?\" \"Why are we here?\" Its really quite simple, \"be the best human being you can be, and teach others to to the same.\" To put it in a more simple and blunt way, \"Be good, and be good to other people.\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14304 by
\"Be good, and be good to other people.\"

Not the elusive \"Meaning of life.\"

Nor does it answer the question of \"Why are we here?\"

Your words \"be the best human being you can be, and teach others to to the same.\" are not the same in all religions or societies.

For some, that very sentence means to spread your views to others, and to KILL those who don't agree. Pretty far from \"The Golden Rule\" that you have more or less paraphrased.

Your epiphany is not why we live. But something that we should live by.

More
16 years 1 week ago #14307 by Br. John
Are \"What is the meaning of life?\" and \"What gives life meaning?\" two different questions?

The meaning of life is elusive only if you try and force it into words. By direct experience it's right here.

sheetiron is getting a glimpse of Satori. I know what it means until I try and tell you and then I do not know what it means.

Why are we here? Why not?

It seems like it would be easier to just do nothing than whatever went to all the trouble to make the universes yet here this all is. Non Being evokes Being. Nothing creates Something.

I want to see what Merrin thinks.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14311 by
\"Why are we here? Why not?\"

That pretty much sums it up doesn't it master? To put it in laymans terms what gives life meaning is whatever you ascribe to it. Meaning, purpose, all of these fate based things are creations of the mind to give reason and order to chaos. In the same way are mind sees a familiar pattern in a cloud, so does it find patterns in the meaning of our lives.

\"Ask the gods of spring where the flowers come from and not even they know\"

Now the meaning of life? Well to be short the meaning of life is to be alive, to be here right now. There's a persian myth that says God dreams the universe from moment to moment so if he should ever subsist all of creation will come undone. So each moment you are alive is in itself the whole point. And that point is that it has no point. Chase after it and it will run from you, pursue it and it will flee from you, try to speak it and you won't find the words, because what is truely eternal, what is truely the force, cannot be summed up in words as they fall short.

From the first page of the Tao we get \"Tao can be talked about, but not the eternal Tao. Names can be names, but not the eternal name. As the origin of heaven and earth it is nameless. As the \"Mother\" of all things it is nameable. So, ever hidden, we should look at it's inner essence. As always manifest, we should look at it's outer aspects. These two flow from the same source through differently named; and both are called mysteries. The mystery of mysteries is the Door of all essence.\"

The Satori Br John speaks of is the first step to understanding what's written above and the very essence of what we are, Jedi and non Jedi alike. What is Satori? \"sheetiron is getting a glimpse of Satori. I know what it means until I try and tell you and then I do not know what it means.\" And that again sums it up perfectly. You've seen the shoreline in the distance my apprentice, now with understanding you'll reach the shore. Keep asking the right questions!

~Merin~

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14321 by
While I thought of this \"epiphiny\" I found I realized that sharing it would be pointless. If I told people the meaning and purpose of life is to be the best human being you can be, and teach others to do the same, they would simply say, \"How do you be a good human being, and how do you teach others.?\" That in my opinion is a evn bigger queston. Its one thing to know what your supposed to do, it another to know how to go about doing it. What if your not supposed to know how. Since your supposed to do it, shouldnt you just live your life as normal and you will do it by nature?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14325 by
Coming from a scientific Jedi point of view, I cannot explain the beginning, but I can say that we are here out of a random manifestation of atoms that happened to come together at some point.

Also I think I can answer the \"What is the meaning of life?\" question. Again I cannot explain the very beginning moment of the why, but by knowing what everything in the entire universe does I think it is quite simply, to exist and carry on existing. That is what every single species of organism that has ever lived does. We, and they, all continue to exist and to continue our existence.

Like I said that is the purpose of things that are happening now, not the purpose of why the things happened in the first place.

Also, perhaps we cannot explain it. Can we truly try to understand understanding itself?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14329 by
These are some interesting questions and hypothesis'. I'm going to pose another ancient thought, What is ones purpose in life?
The meaning of life would, I think , go hand in hand with one's purpose.
I figure the meaning of life could be both individual and general. Once a person finds their purpose, the meaning of life would reveal itself only to that person. Some may already know the meaning, as they have found their purpose. I don't know if that makes any sense, I might have confused myself a little.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14330 by
Ive contemplated that as well. Maybe there is a general meaning/purpose of life, and and individual meaning/purpose. Maybe ones individual purpose does fufill that general purpose. Meaning, that we all are to carry out this general purpose just in different ways which would be our individual purpose. Kinda like the first lecture fo Joseph Campbell. Although there are many differnt kinds of myths, they all try to convey the same message. So we have different \"roles\" in life, we all are to carry out the same purpose in life. And that is (I believe) to be the best human being you can be, and teach other to do the same.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14332 by
The purpose for the ultimate questions is up to each person to decide for themselves. We should be joyous and greatful that we are here at all. But i believe it is possible for an individual to discover his own true purpose. The problem with the human race, i mean to discover why we are here is that we are still so young. We may have been created to hold the universe together, or to connect 2 or more demensions. Or we may be here to bring enligthenmet to the universe. For that matter we may have just been created to be born, live, and die. The last few of our kind may find the meaning but the species is to great and has to much ahead to know for sure. Not to mention none of us can decide on anything at this stage of our development. :) But, i do not believe it is a futile effort. Keep it up as i am sure you will do.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14333 by
I agree. Perhaps its like a huge ant nest. Each of us have to assume our own role in life in order for the hive to flourish. That would give both meaning and purpose. But when an individual acts as an individual and does their own thing, the system suffers. We are only as strong as our weakest link. Like you said, if everyone just tried to be the best human being they can and treat others as such, the hive would continue to exist thus giving meaning and purpose to life... at least thats what I think.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi