Ive Finally discovered the meaning of Life!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14376 by
Much like Xiam said, the reason for living is to live. Living does one thing: The experiences that we get from living makes us want to either live or die. The reason for living is to live better--be it, make more money, a beautiful wife, a new car, children, etc. We live to try and better our lives, our conditions, to experience as much as we can, to be as happy as we can while we are living.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14377 by
Even though you believe it's just the tip of the iceberg it's a great truth to you none the less. Bless you for asking the questions and keep asking.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 week ago #14378 by Jon
sheetiron wrote:

One thing ive learned by reading the posts by of my brethren is that I thought I realized a great truth, but ive not even reached he tip of the iceburg. Its like reaching the clouds and thinking youve seen it all. Then you look up and see space.

Brother you did see the great truth in the eye. You saw what it decided to tell you in the situation you are in. Greatness lies in the eye of the beholder, and don`t let anyone convince you otherwise.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14379 by
Master I do not doubt it to be a great truth. But I have now realized it not to be The great truth. I compare the feeling to if a fetus were to think that its nine months in the womb was all there is to life. Or a person enlisted in the military feeling that their military carreer ends after basic training.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14382 by
One thing i did notice is that most people dont know what to do with the answere when they get it.Let jus say that the answere is 42. Most of us dont accept it.We question it debate it and argue with it.So even if some one like God or the Force gives us the answere would you accept it?

If not than whats the point of searching for it?

And if you do accept it than whats the point of life.Why watch a movie if you already know how it ends.

I think i can live a perfect life without knowing the answeres to any questions of life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14383 by
You should watch a movie although you know the ending, its what leads to the ending that is important.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14384 by
As a scientific person, I have decided to not really go after the reason why things happen, and instaed devote myself to how they happen/work.

If we understand how then maybe we will understand why. Lets go in that direction first then consult this later.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14386 by
Akkarin wrote:

As a scientific person, I have decided to not really go after the reason why things happen, and instaed devote myself to how they happen/work.

If we understand how then maybe we will understand why. Lets go in that direction first then consult this later.

I think the question of \"how\" they work is only important, insofar as to understand how to fix things when they break down.

I still don't think the \"how\" will ever explain the \"why,\" though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14395 by
Drizzt Do Urden wrote:

You should watch a movie although you know the ending, its what leads to the ending that is important.

My point exactly! ^.^

Very good.Thats what I'd expect from my old Master's apprentice.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14409 by
although there isn't much i can add that hasn't been said. but we seem to be focusing on the answer of 42. lol :)

yes there was lots of philosophy in the hitchikers guide to the galaxy, and so well delivered with class and humor.
and i truly think Douglas Addams knew the answer. well no not really- I think he knew the question.

let us recall that in every incarnation the answer was in arthurs brain.

In the american version (although it wasn't written solely by Douglas Addams, passing on does that to you) i liked Arthurs answer the \"is she the one rubbish\".

i think he hit it on the head. love or not trillian (spelling) being the one or not-

his question, AND answer were correct i think.
you just have to get to the root of what he was asking and then adapt for you.
but maybe i'm looking at it too simply...
it could infact be what is 6 multiplied by 8?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi