IP Q and A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328916 by
Replied by on topic IP Q and A
Who is handling membership affairs during this interregnum - for people completing their first lesson in the IP looking to gain Novice status?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328918 by
In the IP intro Br.John is linked for rank changes. Alternatively you can contact JL Spinner
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/initiateprogramme/1875-following-instructions

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328920 by
Ah awesome. And for new members with questions about the application form, should they be directed to Br. John?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328924 by
And, might it be nice if there was a forum section for formal council announcements such as "x has changed to y"? I mean, changes to the FAQs don't actually show up anywhere on the forums - at least not for mere mortal novices, I dunno about knighty/apprenticey types... so a lot of us just assume they stay the same as they were when we read them donkeys ago... and because all of your hard work in council is hidden behind a million layers of mystery we can't actually see it, to say "well done" or " Thank You " in any meaningful way.

We all have a lot to be grateful for - and yet it is all so very... vague. I know it is not intended, but the outcome of EVERY council action being hidden, even the completely benign ones, is that I actually have very little grasp on what it is that Councillors do other than knit hats. (Reference: Adhara, Personal communication, AJAX yesterday - I hope it is going well :) )

Please do not take this as any sort of criticism. It would be hard to find a bigger fan. I am just baffled by why changes like these wouldn't be more widely publicized so we can all help direct newcomers and novices in the right places rather than be feeding them outdated and false information. I think this kind of completely harmless and boring non controversial information should just be put somewhere on a locked thread of unoriginality. These are simple facts being shared after all - and it could help us to help ourselves to help each other. There is nothing to fear.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328940 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic IP Q and A
Arisaig, absolutely. Active apprentices and knights are welcome (*cough* encouraged *cough*) to join!

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zero

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #329058 by
Twigga, there is the FAQ update thread here: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-Announcements/63897-faq-and-article-updates?start=140#319130
It hasn't been used in a while and we can and should resurrect it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi