IP Q and A

More
6 years 1 week ago #319336 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic IP Q and A

Twigga wrote: One of the other things you mentioned was the 60 day limit. If I'd finished in fewer than 60 days, should I wait before submitting my journal, since the checking process does seem to take a while, Or should I wait, because I won't be granted the rank of Initiate before the 60 days are up anyway; and I might think of something relevant to add in the mean time?

Up to you but you might as well get it submitted, you just won't be granted the Initiate rank until the 60 day mark. (I might be wrong though I haven't been involved with IP and ranks in a while)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319337 by
Replied by on topic IP Q and A
Thanks Kit - I think that's every conceivable question I could think of in response to your third post in this thread! Thank you so much for your patience, clarity, and honesty! I think this thread is a great resource, and I know I'll be referring to it in future. Many thanks!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 days ago #319456 by
Sometimes journals "disappear". Unfortunately this has occurred twice when I have been planning on writing about them in my own IP journal. I've also heard that some people bring their IP journal with them for their apprenticeship studies, so it is no longer visible... Is that true? What other reasons might there be for a journal disappearing, and how should I go about making enquiries as to what's happened?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 days ago #319457 by
Yes, when an Apprentice starts their studies they have the option of moving their journal into the Apprentice Chambers, making it invisible to the general membership. Some opt to just start a new journal, really down to the personal choice.

If you ever have questions of that nature, about things disappearing, you can always ask the person who owns the journal, and if they're surprised by the news their journal is gone, well, they can go and ask the admins.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 days ago #319473 by

Arisaig wrote: Yes, when an Apprentice starts their studies they have the option of moving their journal into the Apprentice Chambers

Interesting! I had no idea about this. Is it possible that this could be included in the FAQs somewhere, since I think I have just changed my ideas, again, about how to structure my journal.

Thanks for your comment on "stuff disappearing" I think I must have been unfortunate twice, as in both my cases the person was not contactable. I suppose my concerns are more related to how and why journals might go "missing" at all, with the exception of this plagiarism rule.

More
6 years 5 days ago #319475 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic IP Q and A

Twigga wrote: I must have been unfortunate twice, as in both my cases the person was not contactable. I suppose my concerns are more related to how and why journals might go "missing" at all, with the exception of this plagiarism rule.

That's weird. With the exception of the plagiarism rule, the only reason I'm aware of for a journal disappearing is if the person in question has moved it to the Apprentice Forum. Unless the member in question had asked for their account to be deleted maybe? Not sure.

Twigga wrote: Interesting! I had no idea about this. Is it possible that this could be included in the FAQs somewhere, since I think I have just changed my ideas, again, about how to structure my journal.

Yeah, its entirely up to the apprentice in question as to what they decide to do with their Journal. I can understand wanting to keep a history of all your studies through to knighthood in one thread as it can be pretty cool to show your progression, though I personally think IP Journals should be kept in the public Forum, to remove it is to remove a possible source that maybe of use to someone else going through the IP.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 days ago #319522 by
Sometimes people leave and request their journal to be moved from public view. But this is very rare, very very rare.
Twigga, while there are some information one needs in the IP, not every little detail can go into the introduction of the IP or into the FAQ. It would be too much information and no one would read it. As it is, some informations that are asked (not here) are answered in those places...

More
5 years 4 months ago #328619 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic IP Q and A
Hey all, due to life yours truly is taking over the IP team. Hopefully we'll be expanding our role and providing you guys with more support and content!

If you haven't already, please check out the unofficial temple Discord

Feel free to continue posting questions you may have here or pm me

Cheers!

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
5 years 4 months ago #328869 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic IP Q and A
Hey, just a quick reminder for you IP sorts of people that this exists for you!

Also everyone who's done the IP, I'd love to have you join the IP team. Please PM me and check out the IP team Chambers

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #328875 by
Been trying to get back into the IP team for a while, seems my messages get lost somewhere. Any chance I can join back up?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi