Best star wars movie/scene

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75210 by
Just want to get a hold of what everyone's favourite movie/scene from the star wars trilogies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #75217 by Wescli Wardest
I loved when Han was about to be frozen in carbonate and Lea told him that she loved him… then he had like the smoothest reply. He just said, “I know.”

Of course, I think that Empire Strikes Back was the best of all of them anyways! :P There are so many scenes from that movie that I think are cool! I just happen to be a hopeless romantic so of course that particular one would be my favorite! ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75218 by
Replied by on topic Re: Best star wars movie/scene
haha he just replied like a pimp. my favourite scene is probably Anakin and Obi Wan's big fight on mustufar. (don't hate because i like the prequels too).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75219 by
The Empire Strikes Back was my favorite movie of the franchise, too.

My favorite scene, however, would have to be...I don't know; I just can't seem to pick one.

A few favorite scenes would be Luke switching off the targeting computer or Jar Jar Bink's introduction; not sure which one I like better.

MTFBWY,
LTK

More
11 years 5 months ago #75220 by Alexandre Orion
I generally don't reply in threads like this, but after reading Wes' reply, I was moved to as well ...

That "I know" scene was incredibly romantic, it is true.

Another very emotionally charged scene, that was done so well and brought out only by hexis was the scene in "Return of the Jedi" when Luke sais to Vader : "Then my father is truly dead." Once Vader finds himself alone, just his movement and the breath brought out that he was deeply hurt by that. I found that such a touching scene, and one in which I could feel a very profound empathy with the character of Darth Vader.

I think I may have even been a bit misty eyed seeing his funeral pyre at the end.

:blush:

(so, the old Alexandre Orion has sentiments --- who would have guessed that ?)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
11 years 5 months ago #75222 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Best star wars movie/scene
Oh goodness, that's such a hard question...I like all the films...

My favourite is probably Return Of The Jedi, because I love a happy ending.

Whilst agreeing with the commonly held belief that Attack Of The Clones isn't a very good film and that it's full of terrible acting...it also probably comes a very close second in my favourites list. I'm not going to say why, although anyone who can work it out gets a prize :laugh:

Scene...that's even harder. There are SO many to choose from! I may come back to you with a different answer because I'll probably be thinking about it all night now, but I love the scene from episode 5 where Han and Leia are on Hoth and Han is trying to get her to admit that the reason she doesn't want him to leave is because she's really into him, whilst she's getting seriously stroppy...I also like the romantic scene on the Millennium Falcon a little later in the movie. My other favourite scene is probably the Battle on Geonosis, whilst they're inside the arena, where you get to see Jedi fighting en-mass for the first time, as well as experiencing C3PO being half battle droid, Mace Windu's purple lightsaber and Padme referring to the battle as 'aggressive negotiation'...

B.Div | OCP

More
11 years 5 months ago #75249 by Adder
Yea there is a lot, the beginning of the Revenge of the Sith (the orbital space battle), while no-one likes battles unless they are oblivious to the suffering and loss, the strategy and complex deconfliction of ships and fires is interesting to consider at that scale and in low orbit. I do enjoy the lightsaber choreography in the prequels as well. Too much to list here I guess. Looking back as a kid my favorite is The Empire Strikes Back, the surface battle in the snow seemed very rich at the time, but the best bit overall is Yoda trying to train Luke.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75265 by
My two favorite scenes are from The Phantom Menace and Return of Jedi respectively.

It showed without words the difference between the Jedi and Sith. At east to me.

When Qui Gon Jinn was fighting Darth Maul amongst the energy shields, and when they closed, Qui Gon dropped imeediately into a meditation posture and well, meditated, conserved energy, or what have you. Darth Maul first tested the shield with his lightsaber first, and then paces back and forth like a caged animal.

Another was the Deaths of Yoda snd Darth Sidious. Yoda fades away and the Darth Sidious explodes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75270 by
Oddly enough, while I loved all of the movies and prefer the stories in Episodes 4-6, my two favorite scenes were in the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

I loved the entire final battle in Phantom Menace. The choreography of Darth Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan was quite thrilling to watch and the death of Qui-Gon (my favorite character from the films) was/is heart-breaking to me. I remember sitting there in the theater in shock when it happened.

I also loved when Count Dooku totally whipped Obi-Wan and Anakin in Attack of the Clones and then you hear the light clicking sound of Yoda's walking stick. I had a feeling I knew what was about to happen but I was still amazed when Yoda pulled out his tiny green lightsaber and started bouncing around like the Energizer Bunny on crack.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75275 by
Very interesting question, Ace!
Also, very difficult...hmm....

Well, I loved anytime in Empire Strikes Back when Vader was boss.

"You have FAILED me for the last time, Admiral!"
"Asteroids do NOT CONCERN, me ADMIRAL, I want that ship!"

"There is NOO escape...don't make me DESTROIIY YUUU....LUKE....you do not yet realize your IMP-porht-tence.....you hahve only begun to dis-cuh-vah yo tru po-wah. Join me, and I will kohmplete yo traiiining. With ARE komBINED strength, we will YEND this destructive KONflict and bring OR-DAH to the gah-lax-eeh!!!!!"

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi