Sith Teachings

More
4 years 7 months ago #341395 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Teachings

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: Phoenix is correct. The sith path does not put a priority on either self improvement nor the pursuit of passion at the expense of everything else.

I’m sitting here, trying to figure out where this weird idea Manu wrote out originated from. Even in fiction, there are plenty of examples of Sith who have balance. How else could they rule the Empire? Honestly... Even Darth Bane!

Well, I did state that what is sacrificed is still insofar as it is sustainable, which is a form of balance that is self defined, as opposed to the balance concept Jedi this that tends to be more socially-formulated.

Self-improvement is the same. For Jedi, it appears to be pursued for its own sake (Tyler Durden’s “self improvement is masturbation” comment in Fight Club). For Sith, it is defined as skill building in service of passion.

And I never said you get only one passion. ;)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341396 by
Replied by on topic Sith Teachings
You know, I'm glad you guys aren't the "Dark Arts" type of Force Practitioners..

What sets you apart from Jedi though? Is it your responsibility to others?.. Do you think you have one? Do you consider yourself in-tune, in-balance, or empowered by "The Force".. Do you consider yourself a user of Darkness or it uses you? What does it all mean to you?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #341397 by

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: Phoenix is correct. The sith path does not put a priority on either self improvement nor the pursuit of passion at the expense of everything else.

I’m sitting here, trying to figure out where this weird idea Manu wrote out originated from. Even in fiction, there are plenty of examples of Sith who have balance. How else could they rule the Empire? Honestly... Even Darth Bane!

I would think Darth Vectivus would be the prime example of a sith lord, who followed the rule of two as well, to not be evil because of his ethics.

A title does not make one good or evil. I imagine there are some good Sith. Much like how there are some evil Christians or Jews because of the fanatical nature or they justify doing evil things in the name of a deity or beliefs. I couldn't care less what people believe or what they call themselves. As long as they harm no one physically, mentally, emotionally or cause destruction, then they are not doing anything wrong. Actions will always speak louder than words.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341399 by

Uzima Moto wrote: You know, I'm glad you guys aren't the "Dark Arts" type of Force Practitioners..

What sets you apart from Jedi though? Is it your responsibility to others?.. Do you think you have one? Do you consider yourself in-tune, in-balance, or empowered by "The Force".. Do you consider yourself a user of Darkness or it uses you? What does it all mean to you?

I have just over 15 years experience in “dark arts” and I don’t exclude metaphysics from my life and development.

As for service to others, no. I serve myself. Am I whole? Yes. Balanced? Sometimes but it works itself out. Darkness? Eh... I try to restrict my usage of this term. Does it use me? Do I use it? Actually, it’s more like I feed it of myself and it feeds me of itself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #341400 by

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: I have just over 15 years experience in “dark arts” and I don’t exclude metaphysics from my life and development.

What kind of "dark arts" in metaphysics? I wonder what your definition of dark is sometimes.

As for service to others, no. I serve myself. Am I whole? Yes. Balanced? Sometimes but it works itself out. Darkness? Eh... I try to restrict my usage of this term. Does it use me? Do I use it? Actually, it’s more like I feed it of myself and it feeds me of itself.

Why can't you serve yourself, and serve others? What do you feel service as?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341401 by

Uzima Moto wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: I have just over 15 years experience in “dark arts” and I don’t exclude metaphysics from my life and development.

What kind of "dark arts" in metaphysics? I wonder what your definition of dark is sometimes.

Why can't you serve yourself, and serve others? What do you feel service as?

My prior disciplines were in Satanism and Qlippothic magic. I veered far from ceremonial types as I matured and ended up simply doing as I pleased. Some call that chaos magic.

I no longer practice such magic. Now, I am more interested in developing my senses and their range.

As for serving others, I don’t think I need to explain this to you. I do as I please. If it benefits someone else, it does. I don’t go out of my way to though.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341402 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith Teachings
I picked this thread, but almost any thread is as good as any other - I wonder if folk would catalogue their achievements, as some kind of measure as to the efficacy of their particular philosophy?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341403 by
Hmm, Qlippothic magic is pretty dark.. and it's potential for destruction is near limitless if one truly mastered it.. rituals are a hindrance to mastery though..

I don't think anyone goes out of their way to help every single person they need. Then the greater societal work would never get done. A Jedi's life is balance, even in sacrifice. I'm sure you're aware of Chesed's qlippoth. Stretching love so thin that it collapses due to weakness.. that's something a Jedi should avoid. Jedi should seek to empower others, not just fight there battles.. the difference between teaching a man to fish and just giving him one..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341404 by

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: You know, I'm glad you guys aren't the "Dark Arts" type of Force Practitioners..

I have just over 15 years experience in “dark arts” and I don’t exclude metaphysics from my life and development.

I have practiced Witchcraft for over 13 years myself and have recently discovered chaos magick. I am delving into that now. As for service to me or others, it is not a point of focus. Like you said, if my pursuits benefit others good for them, if not, oh well. I consider myself not in a place of balance but one of equilibrium as I take from the dark it takes from me. Sometimes that is a place where more is taken from me that to me and other times it is not. I dont use the force however and it has no will it imposes on me. Instead I take from it as a source of power, shaping it to impose my will in the world. However any energy I take must eventually be returned. That is part of the sacrifice.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341405 by

VixensVengeance wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

I have practiced Witchcraft for over 13 years myself and have recently discovered chaos magick. I am delving into that now. As for service to me or others, it is not a point of focus. Like you said, if my pursuits benefit others good for them, if not, oh well. I consider myself not in a place of balance but one of equilibrium as I take from the dark it takes from me. Sometimes that is a place where more is taken from me that to me and other times it is not. I dont use the force however and it has no will it imposes on me. Instead I take from it as a source of power, shaping it to impose my will in the world. However any energy I take must eventually be returned. That is part of the sacrifice.

You realize it. Don't dwell on it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi