Sith Teachings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341374 by
Replied by on topic Sith Teachings
This is a hard one To answer ,your question there is no real site. Real sith hide in the Shadows. I mean there is order of the sith forum and the books from sith academy.
But still order of the sith forum seems to be people doing dark magic and telling each other how dark they are. Sith academy books are average and well you have to pay and they have a pact with the devil book which is certainly not sith.
Most who claim there sith will say they do dark magic ( which maybe from some codex or other source) who are just copying from what they have seen. Sith is a state of mind and what you do in that state. Much like Jedi there is a code of honour.
I hope this helps

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341380 by

Lenny C wrote: This is a hard one To answer ,your question there is no real site. Real sith hide in the Shadows. I mean there is order of the sith forum and the books from sith academy.
But still order of the sith forum seems to be people doing dark magic and telling each other how dark they are. Sith academy books are average and well you have to pay and they have a pact with the devil book which is certainly not sith.
Most who claim there sith will say they do dark magic ( which maybe from some codex or other source) who are just copying from what they have seen. Sith is a state of mind and what you do in that state. Much like Jedi there is a code of honour.
I hope this helps

There are real sites and no our focus is not "dark magick" whatever that is. The site you describe is more a role play site than anything. If you have question I can try and answer them.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341381 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Sith Teachings

rugadd wrote: So....

I am not going to pretend that I am looking for a teacher, but, I have seen many respect worthy Sith out there.
Is there a Sith centric area here to learn about that particular perspective towards the path? If not, where?

The vast majority of sith ideology is based on the foundation of self improvement / success. Any self-help or motivational book could be considered "sith" oriented, because its focused on your goals instead of the goals of your community.

I would personally recommend reading into "The success principal's" by Jack Canfield, and "Speak like Churchill; Stand like Lincoln".

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341385 by

Kohadre wrote: The vast majority of sith ideology is based on the foundation of self improvement / success. Any self-help or motivational book could be considered "sith" oriented, because its focused on your goals instead of the goals of your community.

I would personally recommend reading into "The success principal's" by Jack Canfield, and "Speak like Churchill; Stand like Lincoln".

THIS! THIS right here is what is wrong with current perception of Sith Realism! It’s why I’ve stayed away from calling myself as one for the most part. That is likely to change though, since I tore of this crap.

It’s not just “self help”, “personal improvement”, or “personal success”. There are plenty of self-proclaimed Sith who would try to convince you of such of course but that’s not at all what it is.

If it was, why call it Sith? It’s not. Period.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341386 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith Teachings
I was listening to Jordan Peterson talk the other day about the statistical differences between men and women, and one of them is the tendency for men to focus on excellence at the expense of other things, while women focus on wholeness (not excellence, but sufficiency across several fronts).

In other words, the female tendency is striving towards “balance” and general wellness, while the male tendency is to go all in on one front (example, excelling at a career while sacrificing social life, family or health).

This is of course a general trend, and not prescriptive of male/female gender.

The point is, when I talk to most Jedi, I do see this “wholeness” idea quite often (e.g. don’t over stress, money is not everything, family first). The idea of balance is well cemented in Jedi philosophy as a route to overall happiness and satisfaction.

Sith, on the other hand, seem to be more satisfied by completely excelling in some area (the area is defined by wherever their passion lies), while sacrificing all others in the process (to the extent this is possible/sustainable). They will use power phrases (you don’t want it bad enough, get it done, be relentless, give me solutions not excuses).

I would say Sith are focused on passion, and to “letting it kill them”, so to speak, as the process of destruction unveils the “core”. They apply this same process to their interactions, which is why they can come off as being aggressive... the aggression is only instrumental in their approach towards unveiling passion.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341387 by

Manu wrote: I was listening to Jordan Peterson talk the other day about the statistical differences between men and women, and one of them is the tendency for men to focus on excellence at the expense of other things, while women focus on wholeness (not excellence, but sufficiency across several fronts).

In other words, the female tendency is striving towards “balance” and general wellness, while the male tendency is to go all in on one front (example, excelling at a career while sacrificing social life, family or health).

This is of course a general trend, and not prescriptive of male/female gender.

The point is, when I talk to most Jedi, I do see this “wholeness” idea quite often (e.g. don’t over stress, money is not everything, family first). The idea of balance is well cemented in Jedi philosophy as a route to overall happiness and satisfaction.

Sith, on the other hand, seem to be more satisfied by completely excelling in some area (the area is defined by wherever their passion lies), while sacrificing all others in the process (to the extent this is possible/sustainable). They will use power phrases (you don’t want it bad enough, get it done, be relentless, give me solutions not excuses).

I would say Sith are focused on passion, and to “letting it kill them”, so to speak, as the process of destruction unveils the “core”. They apply this same process to their interactions, which is why they can come off as being aggressive... the aggression is only instrumental in their approach towards unveiling passion.

I have no idea what relevance gender has here or the author you mentioned... but I really should not be surprised you mentioned him yet again. However, my annoyance with you aside, you at least (after going on about unrelated matters) touched on... something. However, it’s not exactly an ideally explained... something.

The trouble I see here is that you have neglected the fact Sith have their own balance. They don’t throw EVERYTHING else away to get what they want, nor become masters of only a single thing. While passion drives them, they aren’t one dimensional creatures. Neither are they all interested in self improvement for its own sake and if they were, it would not likely match how Jedi see self improvement.

There are different disciplines and different desires among Sith. Some desire knowledge above all things, and will master what is needed to achieve this. Others want dominion. Some desire fame, others desire physical power and skill. Some want metaphysical power. Again, they are a varied lot.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341389 by
Phoenix is correct. The sith path does not put a priority on either self improvement nor the pursuit of passion at the expense of everything else.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341390 by

VixensVengeance wrote: Phoenix is correct. The sith path does not put a priority on either self improvement nor the pursuit of passion at the expense of everything else.

I’m sitting here, trying to figure out where this weird idea Manu wrote out originated from. Even in fiction, there are plenty of examples of Sith who have balance. How else could they rule the Empire? Honestly... Even Darth Bane!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341391 by
I agree too. There are many paths one could take within sith teachings.there are many shall I say categories for sith from the start of a dark mindset to full blown sith lord.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341392 by

Lenny C wrote: I agree too. There are many paths one could take within sith teachings.there are many shall I say categories for sith from the start of a dark mindset to full blown sith lord.

Simple and correct... and I like simple.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi