Your Saber color and why?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347554 by
Replied by on topic Your Saber color and why?
Thx, Geni! Yes, makes sense :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347556 by
By the way, what about lightsaber forms, if Kraz already mentioned this?
I personally prefer Niman (form VI), as it's not so simple as Shi Cho, but still a kind of all-purpose, so it equally suitable for almost any situation. And also it's a basics for learning Jar'Kai (two sabers fighting) and double bladed saber. But according to some tendencies I have in combat (I have some experience from school) I think that aggressive and straightforward style of Djem So could also suit me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347571 by
if i had to choose a lightsaber form it would probably be shii-cho as one my favorite (fictional) jedi master kit-Fisto was a user and mastered form 1 and was considered to be one of the best jedi to fight general grievous due to this.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350252 by Vampiric_Conure
**Low whistle** You're making me think, LOL! I'm not sure what color my blade would be. Either green or purple would be my luck. I'm too much of a pacifist to actually fight anyone but I strive to remain balanced, so the purple saber would be perfect.

As for fighting style - I have no freaking idea. Maybe just the standard single handed approach :) HA!

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

More
3 years 7 months ago #354041 by Verheilen
Replied by Verheilen on topic Your Saber color and why?
My lightsaber color would, and will be, yellow. On several occasions I've meditated with thought given to what color lightsaber I should have, and yellow is always what comes to me. I've always been partial to the Jedi Sentinel class so it would seem as though it's the proper color for me.

As for my form of choice, right now it's Shii-Cho. I've been practicing this form for several months now and I enjoy it's simplicity and effectiveness. Once I feel like I've mastered it I'll branch out and try the others. Form 6, Niman, seems like it might be a good transition from Shii-Cho.

Knight, Knight's Secretary, Moderator, and Councilor

IP Journal
A Div. Journal
B Div. Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 7 months ago #354139 by
My lightsaber color is green. The calling towards a Jedi path for me was also a call toward fighting the Dark Side. Peace is good. Justice is also necessary. It probably doesn't help that green is my favorite color, and Robin Hood a favorite role model.

My preferred form would be Form VI, Niman. Its combination of strengths from other forms to become a jack-of-all trades is exactly what I practice in my sparring. I started with Judo and Karate as a kid, moved to fencing, then HEMA, and am open to learning other styles that I can add to the mix. Nowadays I'm less worried about being attacked than I am about having to use-escalation techniques, or better, avoiding the conflict in the first place. As my instructor puts it, you can't be hit if you aren't there. It strikes me as a very Niman mindset.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago #355916 by
Yellow - because of what the Sentinels represent: to be an active member of society, living in solidarity with all people (including those who are not Jedi themselves).

For me, the Sentinel-class in the Jedi Order kinda symbolizes a kind of "St.Frans av Assisi" order of the Jedi Order, with a strongly outward-focus on society.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356046 by Wescli Wardest

Attachment 800px-Neon.jpg not found

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi