Your Saber color and why?

More
4 years 4 months ago #345117 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Your Saber color and why?
Honestly i would have a collection of them not just 1 but i would always keep 2 of them on me at all times a white blade saber and a purple blade saber , the white because it represents the force in a pure way and the purple because i love the color purple .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345119 by Carlos.Martinez3

Malicious wrote: Honestly i would have a collection of them not just 1 but i would always keep 2 of them on me at all times a white blade saber and a purple blade saber , the white because it represents the force in a pure way and the purple because i love the color purple .

See, and I’m almost right there with ya.

Why have only one if you have different forms ?

I read in a comic book Maul got his from when he got beat with a stick, out matched. For him, it’s told, the choice was to master what got him. If that was the case I would defiantly do a little research and development on a bulletproof vest type of gear for a guy like me as well - cloak of saber energy will do as well or a shield.

But I would totally have a few more “K crystal gadgets” more than another saber. Why not right?

May the Force be with y’all.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345123 by
Replied by on topic Your Saber color and why?

Malicious wrote: Honestly i would have a collection of them not just 1 but i would always keep 2 of them on me at all times a white blade saber and a purple blade saber , the white because it represents the force in a pure way and the purple because i love the color purple .

Malicious, you are a kindred. Currently I wield a primary white blade and a purple shoto to compliment my Jar'Kai/Niman style.

My path has always been that of a Consular and I always try to resolve a conflict with diplomacy but, when combat does arise my white saber is the called upon tool.

The white color of my primary blade embodies the force free of the burdens and restrictions of bureaucracy and certain dogmatic convictions. White also reflects the inner calm and clear focus on the living force which guides the wielder actions in harmony with the larger cause. Since white is all visible color combined, a white blade combines many of the qualities of other blade colors and brings them into balance.

The Durindfire crystal at the heart of my saber emits a bright white light which focuses my ability to channel energy while absorbing energies of those wishing to do harm to myself and those I am sworn to protect and serve.

The purple shoto is used as a companion to the main blade when circumstances call for more aggressive tactics to be used and allows the wielder to call upon some abilities that may be considered controversial, there's that dogma again... Lol! I've known the light and known the dark and sometimes the lines are a bit blurred depending on perspective.

The purple shoto personifies balance and the use of foresight, cognizance and extrasensory perception enabling the wielder to anticipate the next move and can enable the wielder to quickly bring a combat situation to a point where it can be deescalated and hopefully a more peaceful outcome without too much physical harm.

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."
~Kreia

The white blade and purple blade both embody balance and work well together.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345132 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Your Saber color and why?
I completely agree with you .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #346834 by
I remember that when the lightsaber colors were mentioned in other topic on this forum, I tried to imagine what my lightsaber could look like - just any association that would come first.
And the lightsaber I imagined... It had a salmon color of the blade.
SALMON!!! Or may be coral or "pink gold", something close. Pinkish yellow, or yellowish pink.
It's an unusual color, but now I can say I figured out some symbolism in it.

In general, salmon is a mixture of yellow and pink. I can even say it's a mixture of yellow and magenta - if we would pick this colors as a base of a gradient in any computer tool for graphic design, Photoshop or SAI for example, the color that would be exactly in the middle of this gradient is so close to the web-version of salmon color that can be classified as one of the tones of salmon.

So, to explain a symbolism of salmon or coral lightsaber, we should analyze the symbolism of yellow and magenta lightsabers first, and then - try to figure out what they will mean if combined.

Let's start with yellow.
In classical color symbolism, yellow is a color of a curious and positive person with strong intuition and vivid imagination. By the way, it's my favourite color since my childhood, and this color really suits my personality. And also, have I already mentioned that I am a big Harry Potter fan? It's an interesting moment, because according to 30 attempts of doing the Sorting Hat quiz on Pottermore, I am a member of the Hufflepuff house, and I think it is really who I could be in Hogwarts - I also have logical mind like a Ravenclaw, and I am a bit risky and emotional like a Griffindor, but my heart and my values in life belong to Hufflepuff, such as an importance of hard work, tolerance and justice. And the colors of this house are yellow and black!
In Star Wars universe, a yellow lightsaber is traditionally associated with the role of a Jedi Sentinel, a Jedi who prefers balance between training his combat skills and the Force abilities. Commonly, the Sentinel is a kind of a Jedi detective, or a policeman, working solo or in small groups to find criminals or eliminate particular dark side sources, not in a big battle but one by one. Also, Sentinel don't rely only on the Force or the lightsaber - they usually have other practical skills and general knowledge, for example mechanics, spying or science. I think a Sentinel can be not only a "policeman" but also a researcher and scientist, but not that kind of a scientist who always stays in his lab, but an explorer, a pioneer who discovers something new "in the natural habitat". I think both potential roles of a Sentinel is what I could be as a Jedi in Star Wars universe.

Then, magenta. This color can be classified as a tone of purple, so it would share some symbolism.
Purple can be called a kind of introverted version of yellow - they both represent intuitive and thinking personality with a tendency to be unique, to be different from others in a good way. But purple have stronger connection to logic and objective thinking, than yellow, and more introverted. Also, purple is a mixture of blue and red, a pure balance between logic and passion. That's why in Star Wars, a purple lightsaber means the borderline between the Dark side and the Light side without falling into darkness. A Jedi with a purple lightsaber accepts the darkness in his soul and uses it for something good, but also keep it in control. That's why I also feel a connection to the purple lightsaber color - I am an emotional person, even with subtones of aggression, and a thinking type at the same time. I value both logic and emotion, and believe in balance between them, not choosing just one.
But what's the difference between purple and magenta? Magenta is a bit warmer color than purple, but not because it's more red. Magenta is more pink than purple. So, if purple is a mixture of blue and red, then magenta is a mixture of blue and bright pink. The difference between red and pink is that pink is more soft and less aggressive color. Pink is still a color of emotion, but it's already not passion or aggressiveness. Pink is a color of youth and love, it represents a dreamy and imaginative personality, with tendency of being naive and childish, but at the same time such person can be brave and stubborn in protection of others from violence. So, red is a soldier, and pink is a guardian. I think that difference between colors makes magenta less aggressive than purple and more dreamy and empathetic. Purple balances between violence and harmony to bring justice, while magenta would use violence as the last but effective way, after trying to solve the problem logically, and also magenta is a bit more artistic than purple and more curious, but possibly less stable, tending to "jump" between different emotions.

So, after analysis of two colors, what would salmon color look like as a symbol? Additionally, it's an intresting point is that salmon is a bright, but less vibrant color than both yellow and magenta. It's a cuite soft and pastel color, so a Jedi with such a lightsaber is possibly more childish and naive, than with yellow or magenta one.

According to the previous parts of analysis, salmon/coral lightsaber would suit such a Jedi:

1) Intuitive and logical at the same time. This Jedi have a strong ability to just "feel" some things, like energetic "waves" of emotions or tendencies in particular chain of events. His mind constantly generates different ideas, and then logical thinking helps to find out the facts and arguments to proof this ideas to be relevant.
2) He is an optimist, even sometimes on the borderline with being childish and naive. He believes that the world is good in general, and that bad things can be just fixed with a right strategy and hard work. Probably he looks like a typical protagonist from a child cartoon - positive, bouncy, curious, with a strong desire to help everyone in need. There's a big chance that this Jedi has some artistic skills, such as singing or painting. But as any child, he can also be stubborn and naughty.
3) Curiosity and analytical mind makes this Jedi a good researcher. He would work hard on his discoveries just because it's interesting and fun. "Why?" and "What if?" questions are the main motivation for him, and he has a good skill of multitasking. But on the other hand, rules and subordination are something that this Jedi would care the least about, because he values freedom and information more than doing something in a "correct" way, and also he can be easily distracted.
4) Possibly, this Jedi is too in love with different cute things. And cookies.
5) It is a big chance that this Jedi is young, or was lucky to keep his inner child even though ages.
6) This lightsaber color would suit better a Jedi Sentinel. Being a warrior won't work well with this Jedi, because of strong subordination and too big amount of everyday violence, so it's not Guardian. And on the other hand, he is easily distracted and usually don't concentrate on one thing for a long time, prefering to jump from one task to another, and also politics, diplomacy and negotiations can be just boring for him, so even his kindness and communication skills wouldn't make him a good Consular. But his curiosity means that he grabs every single peace of intresting information that he finds, so he has a big chance to learn lots of non-Jedi skills that can be useful for a Sentinel. Also, he loves a good puzzle that requires logic and alternative thinking, that's why he would be a good "detective".
7) The biggest issue of this Jedi is a risk of emotional instability. There is a big chance that five minutes ago he was jumping around you laughing, and later you have found find him crying in the corner because he have met something bad. The "No Emotions, only Peace" line of the Code is the most hard for this Jedi to follow, because his soul is a constant storm of emotions. Combined with a strong sence of justice, that leads to two possible reactions of this Jedi on violence and dishonesty, if he is too tired and unstable at that moment. First type of reaction is trying to avoid the conflict by running away in tears. But if his mind would choose another reaction, he would be leaded by his anger, fighting like a hungry honey badger.
8) This Jedi is neither a leader nor a follower, prefering to work in a small group of equals with different useful skills.

That's what I think a psychological portrait of a Jedi with a salmon lightsaber could be. And that's also very close to my own psychological portrait. It includes both my strong traits, such as intuition, logic and optimism, and my weak points - stubbornness, emotionality and childishness. That's why I think my lightsaber color could be salmon or coral.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by .

More
4 years 3 months ago #346842 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Your Saber color and why?
KrysZev had the best answer to this question in discord: "a real turd color crystal"

Do we find or create the meaning behind the color of lightsabers? (Or is there even a difference between the two)

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346853 by
I would say purple specifically a blue violet (Like the one found on the ultrasaber website), it because it means moral ambiguity, uncertainty, and reconstruction as (from what I know) is the meaning of the saber's color of purple in the Expanded universe. I personally am uncertain of the path the force wishes to guide me upon however I shall trust in it. I'm morally ambiguous as every decision has good and bad consequences that ca affect anyone. I'm in the middle of reconstruction as the evil (Depression, negative thoughts, Anxiety, etc) within me has taken over a large part of my body and I wish to rebuild and be able to be who i truly am under all of it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347551 by
My colour would actually be yellow, also. :)

The Sentinels stand for having a more active role in the society, being protectors, and somewhat middle-ground between the blue- and the green-coloured lightsabers.

My form would have been the least technical and most "straight-forward" form (anyone know which form that would be?).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347552 by

Kraz wrote: My colour would actually be yellow, also. :)

The Sentinels stand for having a more active role in the society, being protectors, and somewhat middle-ground between the blue- and the green-coloured lightsabers.

My form would have been the least technical and most "straight-forward" form (anyone know which form that would be?).

Shi cho then? basic, easy, nothing technical.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347553 by
I would choose orange - apricot shade. Because, this colour evokes within me feelings of happiness, joy, pleasure and calm.
Personally don't know what meaning does it have in star wars, because it doesn't belong into ordinary useages.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi