June Session Discussion 2 Reading 1

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4039 by
I have taken the time and read The Book twice. I like where it is headed so far. But I see a contradiction in the free will aspect. If 'I' is all that is, then how are we guided by the Force?
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4040 by
KieranHalcyon wrote:

I have taken the time and read The Book twice. I like where it is headed so far. But I see a contradiction in the free will aspect. If 'I' is all that is, then how are we guided by the Force?

That is very much for each person to decide for themselves but I might say that \"I\" is the Force.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4056 by
Wow, i am learning so much clearer views on what i read, i can't wait to get the book. I had forgotten about it, i went to the library yesterday and searched for taoist books and found a few but one briefly commented on Alan Watts, and with the help of a wise librabian who has read some of his work in the past i found The Book, but it was missing so she said she would order it. Never have i met a more helpful and knowledge seeking women in real life, this path has already begun to show me new people and wonderful new knowledge. I am glad this place is available for people to find.
MTFBWY
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4177 by
I myself am reading The Book and I do not find it confusing, this could be 'coz I was raised with weird sayings and things like \"you can't tell a rattler to hold it's teeth back if you step on him first\" but hey it is a matter of perception on these things.

I am only on page three but it is slow going since my father and friend had a coworker shoot himself two weeks ago and helping them is a time consuming thing but I sneak in some time to read it.

Thanks John for the download of The Book, it is a must for anyone that wants to learn the way of a Jedi.

*bows*
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4185 by
Where can I get a download of The Book? I read the first chapter, and it had some great material in it, would like to read more if I could....let me know, MTFBWY
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4565 by
Ask Br. John he sent it to the totjf but now the site is gone and life is just a series of bad events that ossasionally lead to good things.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #5096 by
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

What I personally \"got\" from reading Chapter 1 of 'The Book' is, we are all part of everything else, we just don't realize it yet, because we are taught that we are we, and everything else, is everything else. Sometimes, we need to sit back, relax, and look at the world with our heart, instead of our eyes. Yes, sounds hokey, and cliche, but, too true, we like to see things with our eyes, so that we may rationalize, and use our superior 'logic' that we believe to possess over everything else. If we were to \"see\" with out heart, we may actually find the thing that we were looking for in the first place, 'God', or as put so very well in that book, our 'self', the thing that we have been looking for since the dawn of 'our' time, and not being able to find, because we didn't know that it was our very self that we have been looking for.

That's just a what I gathered from reading it, though, it, to me, is exactly what Mr. Watts was trying to get across to us, quit using rationalization, and see the world through our hearts, not our minds, to find harmony with the world instead of conquering it, is to find harmony with ourselves.

Thank you. Grade A

Br. John+
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #5097 by
Replied by on topic Master Scythe
Scythe wrote:

Ask Br. John he sent it to the totjf but now the site is gone and life is just a series of bad events that ossasionally lead to good
things.

Go to the topics and it's in the new instructions.

Thank you for reminding me. Now I know you know most of this but if you have never read it there should be a few surprises.

You are exempt from this course although your input is valuable if it please thee to post.

You have credit for the full class with a P for Passed - Grade N/A

MTFBWY,

Br. John+

p.s. Might you teach a class in the health martial arts section?
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #5110 by
Whiteknight wrote:

I tried reading this article but found myself stuck within the first few sentences. However i tried to read on and persevere, but it just became more confusing.

The article from the outset doesn't explaining clearly what it is about and is very vague about this. It also use a number of metaphors that are confused and which the author doesn't explaining leaving me oblivious to it's meaning.

The lack of explaination has prevented me from reading it, as what is the point reading something that i cannot understand.

I found the article concerning black and white a much clearer read and much more interesting.Whereas this one has left me wondering what the article is concerned about.

That's reasonable. It's not an, \"I'm supposed to agree with everything conclusion but what you do think. Finish the readings and it's one post per chapter from now on.

Score B+ for Ch 1 and 2

Br. John+
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #5111 by
KieranHalcyon wrote:

In the same way you are beating your heart and reading this post right now. In the same way that you can decide to build something or plant something that grows.

If there is not free will then I cannot help that I do believe there is free will because it is predestined that I must believe it so either way you lose if you try and prove there is NO free will (within certain life sustaining limits).

I grant you a Pass on this course your grade is N/A Satisfied.

Br. John+
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi