June Session Discussion 2 Reading 1

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3873 by
Yes, we all remember things in different fashions. From personal experience though, the heart does not lie, and the mind can play tricks on us, even lie to us sometimes. We like to rationalize things, so that they either A. do not seem as bad to us, or B. seem much worse to us than they actually are, so that we will completely avoid them in the future, even though, that may not be prudent in the course of our learning things.

All things come from personal experience, and points of view, which differ from person to person, so I would rather trust what my heart tells me, though it may get me in trouble sometimes, lol.
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3899 by
this is very good but i had to reread some parts over and over to get it but its good

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3900 by
And what did you learn from it?
Everyone currently enrolled, be sure that in your responses youre not merely saying \"yea, it was good.\" or \"I didnt like it.\" but that you are elaborating at length about what you got from the reading. This is a class and as all classes are, it does require a little work along with the reading. Keep up the work and MTFBWY
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3953 by
well its hard to say what i got out of this but her goes. well first my eyes where closed my hole life. like i have a role in this world. mostly i have been looking at the world with my eyes when i should of be looking at the world with my heart. and when i started to look with my heart the world looked alot different. the biggest hardes part was seeing who u are behind the mask. i got more out of it but its hard to explain it all. thank you for your time

\"the heart does not lie, and the mind can play tricks on us, even lie to us sometimes.\"
Br. Shaun FDC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3954 by
Karol Fett wrote:

well its hard to say what i got out of this but her goes. well first my eyes where closed my hole life. like i have a role in this world. mostly i have been looking at the world with my eyes when i should of be looking at the world with my heart. and when i started to look with my heart the world looked alot different. the biggest hardes part was seeing who u are behind the mask. i got more out of it but its hard to explain it all. thank you for your time

\"the heart does not lie, and the mind can play tricks on us, even lie to us sometimes.\"
Br. Shaun FDC

Yes, I just learned from you. Thank you ever so much. Keep up the great work folks.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3974 by
After consideration i will take another look at The Book. However if i continue to not understand it then i will post further feelings.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3975 by
Whiteknight wrote:

After consideration i will take another look at The Book. However if i continue to not understand it then i will post further feelings.

Or you could ask for help? Thats why we're here my man.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3977 by
Nah as soon as i wrote that post i immediatly read the boom and found it very interesting. I think the reason i couldn't get through it the first time was because i wasn't focused.

The main theme that sprung out at me from this text was the fact that things shouldn't be taken at face value. This idea of inside information, we cannot see clearly because we look at everything from the outside in.

We seem to look around our selves in the outside world to get answers for our inside. The problem is, si that this leaves people look ing from the outside in.

As a result, we look at the outside for answers. These answers come from religion. The problem is that these come from the outside so when can't get a proper understanding of the inside. some of these religions teach narrow ideas (but good morals), but these leave us narrow minded. These are such ideas as the Christian supression on education and science for most of British history.

However, those who ignored these calls from the outside, looked in to break free and and cause progress and further harmony between the outside world and self.

We must look from the inside out. This may seem like we are \"cultivating our ego's\". but in the long run we benefit from it. From learning about ourselves can we start to learn about the out side world. When this occours, the self and outside are no longer seperate but in harmony, as we appreciate both sides of things.

Considering Religion, i think The Book inadvertantly shows Jediidm as the perfect religion. Jediism teaches us to look withing our selves to gain knowledge and answers. It is also not a narrow religion but takes teaching from all religions to get a more rounded view to the world, as well as incorporating our own ideas.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3978 by
Whiteknight wrote:

Nah as soon as i wrote that post i immediatly read the boom and found it very interesting. I think the reason i couldn't get through it the first time was because i wasn't focused.

The main theme that sprung out at me from this text was the fact that things shouldn't be taken at face value. This idea of inside information, we cannot see clearly because we look at everything from the outside in.

We seem to look around our selves in the outside world to get answers for our inside. The problem is, si that this leaves people look ing from the outside in.

As a result, we look at the outside for answers. These answers come from religion. The problem is that these come from the outside so when can't get a proper understanding of the inside. some of these religions teach narrow ideas (but good morals), but these leave us narrow minded. These are such ideas as the Christian supression on education and science for most of British history.

However, those who ignored these calls from the outside, looked in to break free and and cause progress and further harmony between the outside world and self.

We must look from the inside out. This may seem like we are \"cultivating our ego's\". but in the long run we benefit from it. From learning about ourselves can we start to learn about the out side world. When this occours, the self and outside are no longer seperate but in harmony, as we appreciate both sides of things.

Considering Religion, i think The Book inadvertantly shows Jediidm as the perfect religion. Jediism teaches us to look withing our selves to gain knowledge and answers. It is also not a narrow religion but takes teaching from all religions to get a more rounded view to the world, as well as incorporating our own ideas.

Now We're cooking with Gas! Awesome.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #3980 by
I'm just gonna jump in and read along, if that is ok? I only visit the site a few times a week, but love the things I learn here, and enjoy applying them to my life.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi