Playing in the Shadows

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #172490 by
Playing in the Shadows was created by
Friday was an interesting day for me, as I'm sure it was for many of you, seeing the Star Wars teaser trailer. For me, it was a spark of inspiration, and that's when I got a good look at the things and beliefs I've been practicing these past few years.

I've dabbled in the dark side, like a lot of people, and I thought I had a better grasp on the world as a result. What I realized is that I had betrayed the legend. By the legend I mean the responsibilities of being a Jedi. I've been hateful, impatient, and ungrateful for what I have.

This is simply my statement that I'll do better, and perhaps some of you will join me in the effort.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 3 months ago #172500 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Playing in the Shadows

Streen wrote: By the legend I mean the responsibilities of being a Jedi. I've been hateful, impatient, and ungrateful for what I have.

This is simply my statement that I'll do better, and perhaps some of you will join me in the effort.

I think that all of us have at some point been guilty of that. I know I have. I would like to do better.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #172503 by
Replied by on topic Playing in the Shadows
I agree with both of you. Too often it's easy to convince ourselves that we have "no" responsibility as Jedi... because we think we know best. But, our responsibility comes from the very bed-rock of our existence as a group. If you think about the Hero's/Jedi's journey, you see that there is always a circle of progressing stages in life. But, this circle is not redrawn every time you come around to the beginning... in fact, you draw OVER the previous line, and you take the things you've learned with you on the next trip.

I have been stuck in a circle before, being too afraid to carry what I've learned with me. I've always been content to be a constant beginner.

*shrugs* It's definitely time to pick up my responsibilities and move on to the next circle.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 3 months ago #172507 by Brenna

Connor L. wrote: Too often it's easy to convince ourselves that we have "no" responsibility as Jedi... because we think we know best.

Im not sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate?

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #172509 by
Of course. :)

When we have a know-it-all attitude, we often do not put the time in to learn and grow. The responsibility as Jedi, as I discussed, is that willingness to know. So, generally people who "think" they know everything will have their path as Jedi impaired.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 3 months ago #172564 by Brenna

Connor L. wrote: Of course. :)

When we have a know-it-all attitude, we often do not put the time in to learn and grow. The responsibility as Jedi, as I discussed, is that willingness to know. So, generally people who "think" they know everything will have their path as Jedi impaired.

Do you think a know it all attitude is typical to Jedi?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #172568 by
To be honest, I probably shouldn't go around making sweeping assumptions. ;) So, I'll decline to comment on that.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 3 months ago #172570 by Brenna

Connor L. wrote: To be honest, I probably shouldn't go around making sweeping assumptions. ;) So, I'll decline to comment on that.

Ah, ok. I was just curious as to whether it was something you felt Jedi as a group did as you said "we think we know best", rather than "I".

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #172578 by
Obviously not the whole group. But, yes, rather than "I".

EDIT: However, I am included in this. I've had that mentality before, and may have it again someday.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 3 months ago #172589 by Brenna

Connor L. wrote: I've had that mentality before, and may have it again someday.

What happened to change that mentality?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi