Rants far and wide

More
9 years 3 months ago #178555 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide

Peej16870 wrote:

Edan wrote: I've never heard them sing it in English... 'du hast mich' has more emphasise with the original meaning (in my opinion!).

I grew up in central Pennsylvania, so I heard both vesrions because some radio stations refused to play the German version on air. I agree that the origional has more meaning becuse the verse section of the song (du, du hast, du hast mich) is given great context by the chorus(willst du bis der.....)

the whole thing is a play on the traditional German wedding vows and the lead singer by proclaiming "Nein" is giving the answer to the unanswered question refrenced in the verse.

yes i know it's just a song but dang it bad translation bugs me. it's why i actually try to avoid Google Translate and have two different translations for the dub of my favorite anime.

Perhaps they changed the meaning in the English translation because the play on words is lost on non-germans (unless you know the language and culture). I can read german reasonably well which is why I've never gone looking for translations..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 3 months ago #178735 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Rants far and wide
Awards season. Seriously. I like a party and an expensive gown as much as the next girl, but its just beyond ridiculous.

Im clearly friends with too many actors, wannabe directors, Am Dram groups and fashion critics, because the whole thing makes me wants to delete my facebook account, not turn on a tv or computer or talk to half the people I know, until the damn thing is over.

Theres this thing circulating at the moment asking people to rate their favorite best dressed couple.... and half the comments are made by nitwit arm chair psychologists who suddenly have qualifications in reading body language, tearing apart whether or not the couple is actually happy? I mean REALLY?! Do you not think that what mental capacity you DO have, could go towards something a little more useful and worthwhile?!

WHY do I live in a world where at any given point people can rattle off the name, BMI, cinematic/dating and sartorial history of a dozen actresses (as well as show me how to copy that amazing smokey eye they were wearing at the oscars last year), but wouldnt be able to name even one of the polices of the ruling party of their own government?!?! That THEY voted for?!

I dont like award season.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 3 months ago #178739 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Rants far and wide
Romantic attraction....wth!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178744 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I hate getting sick even moreso this year than any previous year.

Gross details about being sick

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178761 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Re:Rants far and wide
Business trips. Having to cut your meditation time to 5 minutes per day with the only place quiet enough to do them being the toilet in your hotel. Anyway, finally on my way home from the UK after 10 days of meetings and stress. And won't have to go again until fall (but for a full two weeks then :-/

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Cyan Sarden.

More
9 years 3 months ago #178773 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
Apparently my neighbor is a fascist for bearing the American flag, damn patriots...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
9 years 3 months ago #178775 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO RANT ABOUT TODAY! :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Edan

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178778 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Rants far and wide
:laugh:

Everything is belief
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Amaya. Reason: forgot

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178802 by
OK, so I know this is generational and you young ones will give me some sort of excuse like..." But that's the way our generation does it", but.... I DON"T OWE YOU ANYTHING! WHO THE F*&%%$$ DEITY DIED AND LEFT YOU AS*)&%%LES IN CHARGE? WE ALL CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING, AND THAT'S THE WAY WE ALL LEAVE THIS WORLD! IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED, RESPECT OTHERS FIRST!

THIS ENTITLEMENT GENERATION ARE NOTHING BUT FOOLS, ARROGANT, IGNORANT, AND LACKING ANY SKILLS TO SEE THE WORLD IN FRONT OF THEM!

DON'T BE ONE OF THEM!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178803 by
Oh, that felt good.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Phortis! :whistle:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi