Multiverse?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #103306 by
Replied by on topic Re: Multiverse?

Br. John wrote: The Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics has been around since 1954 or so and many physicists hold to it as the best interpretation - even some who wish it was not. I recently read an article where they believe there might be a way to test the theory. I'll find it and post.

http://www.nature.com/news/quantum-theorem-shakes-foundations-1.9392

November 17 2011

Quantum theorem shakes foundations

The wavefunction is a real physical object after all, say researchers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #103307 by
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19526223.700-parallel-universes-make-quantum-sense.html

September 21 2007

David Deutsch at the University of Oxford and colleagues have shown that key equations of quantum mechanics arise from the mathematics of parallel universes. "This work will go down as one of the most important developments in the history of science," says Andy Albrecht, a physicist at the University of California at Davis.

"We've cleared up the obscurities and come up with a pretty clear verdict that Everett works," says Saunders, who is presenting the work with Wallace at the Many Worlds at 50 conference at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Canada, this week. "It's a dramatic turnaround and it means that people now have to discuss Everett seriously."

Albrecht agrees that the work will shake up physicists' worlds. "Many
people are uncomfortable about the probabilities at the heart of quantum mechanics and attempt to get rid of quantum mechanics because of it,"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #103312 by
This is all well and good, but I am personally not very interested in theory for theory's sake. What are the practical applications of these discoveries? Are we talking visiting differentrealities, perhaps even merging them? What are future implications?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103314 by

Desolous wrote: This is all well and good, but I am personally not very interested in theory for theory's sake. What are the practical applications of these discoveries? Are we talking visiting differentrealities, perhaps even merging them? What are future implications?

You assume that these realities are disconnected, when you make a choice you are navigating them.

Imagine all the possible breakfasts you could potentially have tomorrow morning, there is a reality just as real as this moment now to account for each and every one of them.

All occupied by minds just as real as you believe yourself to be, all sharing your name and SSN and life history up to that point.

As your mind moves through what you perceive as time you are presented with choices and you navigate them in this manner.

All possible outcomes to all events have already occurred, you are just choosing which one you want to view.

Sort of like a choose your own adventure story book, but instead of limited choices you have unlimited choices.

The future implications are that we discover a way to communicate between realities, so that all possible solutions to a problem can be tested, and the best solution to the problem selected.

Imagine having an astronomical number of realities all working on different solutions to the same problem and the one that has the best solution going BINGO! and sharing the answer with the rest.

That's the promise of quantum computing, lockhead martin has been validating a 512 qubit quantum computer by d-wave systems and it's performance will continue to increase exponentially as higher qubit versions are released.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #103315 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Multiverse?

maynoth wrote: Highly detailed dreams you say? Do you have proof your experience of this moment right now isn't itself a highly detailed dream?

If you can't trust what you yourself see and experience first hand, what exactly CAN you trust?

Still searching for that answer...;)

As far as I know, this moment is a dream..

And when i die, I will "wake up" in my real world...

But, to function in this state in which I currently exist, to move, operate, interact, in this "Now", I must gloss over the doubt, and interact...

Interesting, so you have experienced these other verses? Just observed?

Do you, or these scientists have tangible proof?

So, to take me high in the sky to show me earths curvature can be done (I have done it), I would ask for proof that they exist...

Wait a minute... Do you have "faith" they do? Maybe just a little "belief"...;)

Just jackin' with you... :lol:

I do not have the time to check those links yet, hopefully tonight...

I still say the possibility exist, but I see no proof, Mr Scientific...

Perhaps I need to understand Quantum stuff?

Well I don't, so, pretend im a six year old...:)

(No, really, pretend im 6... I've ask around for a quatum physics for really, really dumb people, but the crayon keeps smearing...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103316 by
Yeah, my phone is at least 600 qubit.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: (whatever a qubit is...)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #103317 by

Jestor wrote: Interesting, so you have experienced these other verses?

What you experience as the ability to make decisions and choose is you navigating between multiple realities.

Let's talk about what I've experienced via pm so it doesn't get used as ammunition against me in the future ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #103318 by

Jestor wrote: but I see no proof

J: I don't believe mountains far away exist as I can't see them with my naked eye.

M: Here is a tool a telescope look through it and tell me what you see.

J: That would take too much time and effort! I want to see proof now! Bottle up this proof and deliver it to me so that I might see it myself.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #103320 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Multiverse?

maynoth wrote:

Jestor wrote: but I see no proof

J: I don't believe mountains far away exist as I can't see them with my naked eye.

M: Here is a tool a telescope look through it and tell me what you see.

J: That would take too much time and effort! I want to see proof now! Bottle up this proof and deliver it to me so that I might see it myself.

HEY!

Im not that lazy!! I would pick up telescope... (If there was a cookie attached...;))

Well, I understand your point...

They said they world was flat, some still say it...

Until the last guy who believes it dies, or is convinced, the theory is alive...

Same here...

You may be on the forfront of neigong, and this here multiverse stuff, but, until its proof, you will be the minority...

DOesnt make you wrong...;)

Here let me fix that post right before mine... Show you how I read it...

maynoth wrote: That's the promise of

are released.

ZZZZzzzzz.... Snort, huh? wut?...

(just teasing)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #103321 by

Jestor wrote: until its proof

"My whole gig is telling people to look for themselves, to simply see what’s right in front of them."
-Jed McKenna

"The most important thing is that it’s self-verifiable and completely available to reason. Anyone who wants to understand can understand. It doesn’t require interpreters or intermediaries. It’s just sitting there, right out in the open, for anyone who cares to look. No one has to rely on me or anyone else."
-Jed McKenna
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi