Even Gandalf the Grey became a Jedi Knight!

More
6 years 11 months ago #284019 by FTPC

Trisskar wrote: Ummm.....No.....He became Gandalf the White. Nothing more.

Jedi Knight is not something we just label onto people we admire or think fits the bill. Being a Jedi Knight is just as much a personal commitment as it is an honor. If you yourself do not rightly claim your duty, it is not you.

Since Jedi Knight is not even apart of the same genre.....No. No he is not.....

It's an interesting thing however. Jedi back in the day would do this too....try and label historic figures and philosophers as Jedi Masters......It really got annoying XD

If anyone who does a good thing is a Jedi Knight? Then what is the point of being a Jedi Knight? Since everyone can be one without even claiming it, why not just go back to playing star wars the old republic or lord of the rings online? :-p

And before people think im taking this seriously......Im not. Just amused.

Ok I have seen all of the hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies and I know that Starwars and LOTR are two totally different worlds.

so what is funny about Gandalf the Grey, Ascending to Gandalf the white?

Ascending to Mage or wizard level is an Honor, it is just like the Jedi and Knighthood,

Most tribes or cultures would banned or banished a person, or beat the living hell out of them or put the person or people to death,
if Right of passage or Ascending to the next level was Mocked or treat like some kind of Joke,

or if A ceremony of Ascension was made fun of or Mocked, Most tribes or cultures would banned or banished a person, or beat the living hell out of them or put the person or people to death

Ascending or Ascension of Knighthood in the Jedi case is a pillage

I agree with Trisskar

I don't find this topic

funny at all
this topic or Joke
is a Mockery to all the magical paths and ranks out in the world and to the people that study them and also
down right insulting to the rank of knighthood in the Jedi

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284705 by
None of this is even appropriate to Gandalf. He's... more or less an equivalent to a demigod, or an archangel.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284707 by

Williamkaede wrote: None of this is even appropriate to Gandalf. He's... more or less an equivalent to a demigod, or an archangel.

People without Humour really should not visit the Humour section of the Forum

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284723 by

MartaLina wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: None of this is even appropriate to Gandalf. He's... more or less an equivalent to a demigod, or an archangel.

People without Humour really should not visit the Humour section of the Forum

A: Most people find these topics by the "Latest Posts" side bar over ther ---->

B: Said side bar dosn't indicate which forum catagory it is from.

C: Yes. I freely admit to my lazziness in not looking for the section before I comment. Except for a Journal, i find it real irrelevant.

D: Humor comes in many forms. An if someone isn't finding the humor in something...that hardly qualifies them to be humorless. Just means their taste in humor is different from others.

I don't recall saying it was? If anything I was indicating the topic in general as humorful. As in. N00b's pulling the over done "So and so is a Jedi because he is cool" crap.

I found this topic to be a good oppertunity to remind people just how important claiming "Jedi Knight" status really is. It is not something you joke about and toss onto fictional but great characters as some sticker you pass around to people you think are cool or worthy. It is demeaning to idea of Jedi Knighthood. And it is demeaning to the people you slap it onto. As was pointing out....Being Gandalf the white was a Huge honor is that mythology. Even more honorable than Jedi Knight status in my opinion as it is a sign of mastery beyond common ascension. Most of the Jedi Councilors couldn't reach that.

It is great to have things that are humorful, funny and a big joke. I say this site needs it badly....

But know your audience. Part of spreading humor is in knowing what humor will work and what will not.

;) Which is also another great lesson this thread is capable of teaching. If we can get past the bristly superior attitudes and find them
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284724 by

D: Humor comes in many forms. An if someone isn't finding the humor in something...that hardly qualifies them to be humorless. Just means their taste in humor is different from others.

There is a difference between taste and complete lack , i am not judging anyones taste , i am just stating that if you have no humour , you might want to pass on this part of the Forum.

As for calling everyone a Jedi Knight that has accomplished something in life , i agree , a Jedi Knight is someone who conciously chose the Jedi Path and studied or earned that title , not every Dick Tom and Harry , even if they are a light to their community.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284725 by Zenchi

FTPC wrote:

Trisskar wrote: Ummm.....No.....He became Gandalf the White. Nothing more.

Jedi Knight is not something we just label onto people we admire or think fits the bill. Being a Jedi Knight is just as much a personal commitment as it is an honor. If you yourself do not rightly claim your duty, it is not you.

Since Jedi Knight is not even apart of the same genre.....No. No he is not.....

It's an interesting thing however. Jedi back in the day would do this too....try and label historic figures and philosophers as Jedi Masters......It really got annoying XD

If anyone who does a good thing is a Jedi Knight? Then what is the point of being a Jedi Knight? Since everyone can be one without even claiming it, why not just go back to playing star wars the old republic or lord of the rings online? :-p

And before people think im taking this seriously......Im not. Just amused.

Ok I have seen all of the hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies and I know that Starwars and LOTR are two totally different worlds.

Ascending to Mage or wizard level is an Honor, it is just like the Jedi and Knighthood,

Most tribes or cultures would banned or banished a person, or beat the living hell out of them or put the person or people to death,
if Right of passage or Ascending to the next level was Mocked or treat like some kind of Joke,

or if A ceremony of Ascension was made fun of or Mocked, Most tribes or cultures would banned or banished a person, or beat the living hell out of them or put the person or people to death

Ascending or Ascension of Knighthood in the Jedi case is a pillage

I agree with Trisskar

I don't find this topic

funny at all
this topic or Joke
is a Mockery to all the magical paths and ranks out in the world and to the people that study them and also
down right insulting to the rank of knighthood in the Jedi

It's only insulting to someone who doesn't have a sense of humour, learn to laugh more, and can you please post more personal opinions like this in your Journal in regards to the IP? It's obvious you have an opinion about things, why not use it? :)

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
6 years 10 months ago #284752 by JamesSand
Well this can only end badly.... I'm in!

I found this topic to be a good oppertunity to remind people just how important claiming "Jedi Knight" status really is. It is not something you joke about and toss onto fictional but great characters as some sticker you pass around to people you think are cool or worthy. It is demeaning to idea of Jedi Knighthood.

Hey, I didn't find it funny either, probably for completely unrelated reasons.

Anyway, as someone who identifies as a Jedi Knight, a level 6 Wizard, and a Lesbian, I may has well tell y'all to calm thine tits.

I have all the time in theworld for (most?) the Knights at this site, and that's great! but let's not get hoity toity about your mighty rank.
I have not achieved the rank of Jedi Knight at TotJO, so I don't want to dismiss the challenges involved in obtaining it - but most people have various qualifications granted by various organisation - I still find stuff about my qualifications hilarious. (Even more so, because I'm on the inside, so I know that you literally have to fight a balrog for a your scuba diving licence. Weird but true)

I say leave the hurt feelings about titles for men in tweed jackets and fussy moustaches.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284754 by
He certainly could be Jedi.. :blush:

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
6 years 10 months ago #284761 by JamesSand
Great, now we have to add a lesson on how the Istari relate to the jedi path.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284789 by
Then I really should come to the humour section....

To be fair, I came here from "new posts" and didn't see that it was in the humour section. Nor did I find it humorous.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi