Fasting?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 4 months ago #47658 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Fasting?
Does pepsi max count as a healthy plant-based no-added sugar drink?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47667 by
Replied by on topic Re: Fasting?
I hope so because I've been using Coke Zero with my rum! :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47671 by
Several years ago I read a book "The Warrior Diet" by Ori Hofmekler. He talks about the eating habits of ancient European cultures, namely focusing on the Greeks and Romans. I also always take everything I read with a grain of salt, I don't know the author from a hole in the wall so I never know what is truth and what is marketing. In the book he puts great emphasis on "Undereating" and "Overeating" phases of the daily human food intake. The undereating phase is suppose to detoxify the body and keep energy reserves available for more physical tasks. In our world today that s usually a 9-5 job, but for the ancient cultures that could mean hard labor, forced military marches, all out battles...etc. The overeating phase was meant to give you a feeling of satiety after the hard fought "battles" of the day.
I could probably ramble on about this for a while, but the point is that fasting is suppose to help detoxify the body. I eat like a caveman, random times, random amounts, sometimes I'll go for a day with no food at all.
Lastly, if you're going to fast, I would highly advise you stay away from fruit juice during that time. Don't know if that is something you like, but fruit juice will always cause an insulin response, that can usually go haywire for a lot of people trying to fast.
Ok, done rambling, if you want to know more of my opinions and personal experiments I'll be happy to share, but for now I think the public has had enough rambling from a potential madman.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47673 by

ren wrote: Does pepsi max count as a healthy plant-based no-added sugar drink?

LOL Ren, I don't know how much Pepsi you have in your body naturally and whether or not you need to supplement any deficiencies as a result. For me personally, I think any soda I've ever consumed has put me at a surplus lol.

As for fasting, juicing has become more than just detoxification for me. It's about getting all the vitamins and nutrients I should be getting, which in turn, helps with more than detoxification. It also makes for more efficient cell replication, clearer thinking, and positive mood. I've been juicing a mix of different veggies and fruits. The fruits are mostly just to make the veggies taste better! lol I've been juicing in the morning for my gf too. I usually add a bit more fruit for her cuz she's picky lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47707 by
Just out of curiosity, what kind of juicer do you use?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47715 by
I have the Jack LaLane juicer. It's pretty simple. Not a lot of parts to clean

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47717 by
Have you ever used any others by any chance? I've been looking into getting one for a while now and have been saving up for a masticating juicer as I've heard they're better, but they're also a good deal more expensive. If you've tried any others, have you (or anyone else who reads this) seen a noticeable difference between the centrifugal and the masticating juicers?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47720 by
I think masticating juicers are much harder to clean. A lot more moving parts. For me, anything that complicates the process is just going to make me juice less. You absolutely MUST clean the juicer after every use. For the most part, you're pressing the material into the juicer anyway, I don't know how much better mastication will be. Why save money for the best juicer when you can get a good one for cheap and enjoy the good stuff now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47723 by
2 weeks on the South Beach and 11 lbs down. :)

Only 20 more to go for my goal of 195.

I believe it is the type of food and the portions that I have altered that really count. Being part Italian I miss bread and pasta, but the results speak for themselves.

I need to keep my focus and continue to believe that it is only through gluttony and the evils of these dark side thoughts that keeps me overweight. My will power gets stronger with each day as I watch the pounds shed.

Whatever you do, keep believing in yourself and believe in the Force.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47725 by
My dad is on a 10 day juice fast.. This is someone who has been on a high protein and carb diet most of his life but has always been very physically active. It's day 6 and he's already lost 18 pounds. Quite amazing! He's inspiring me.. All after watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi