Has anyone thought of making a treatise on Jedi...

More
12 years 5 months ago #44731 by Adder
You mentioned physical methods in the OP, I have some coherant ideas on useful intepretations of lightsaber training Forms, though I dont know if they belong in the book or as a seperate item.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44794 by
The reason why we have an official Doctrine and Liturgy is because we are a registered and established Church. Therefore our view on spiritual matters has a certain degree of structure. However, everyone is free to interpret that according to their own practices. The fact that Jedi of various persuasions and extra beliefs can co-exist is testament to the idea that we can seek the truth in all that we do despite our differences.

This forum is a wealth of information about various spiritual practices and beliefs but we do not force anyone to choose only specific ones or even to promote some as being more "Jedi" than others. We also have a lot of information on different physical practices that may benefit people. Again, we do not promote any above the rest.

It would concern me if we were to try to create or adapt specific routines and then have them promoted as being "the Jedi way". What if someone couldn't follow them, or did not like them? Would they then feel like they were less "Jedi" than those who could?

In my opinion, the important thing is to find a set of practices, spiritual AND physical, that resonate with you. Anything else would mean forcing yourself into something that isn't your own truth and that only distances you from a connection to the Force.

I believe it would be more useful to continue to contribute and share interesting ideas to the forum and allow people to decide what is best for themselves. Anyone is free to add their own ideas and opinions and if you were to devise new or adapted routines, then great! But I would not want them to be labelled specifically as "Jedi", officially or not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44797 by

Mark Anjuu wrote:
In my opinion, the important thing is to find a set of practices, spiritual AND physical, that resonate with you.

Do you think the physical needs to be a martial art? What about a regular physical routine like Yoga or just working out your body at a gym?

Just curious your thoughts on that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44800 by
I mean any practice. Martial arts, yoga, Qigong, walking, gardening, gym work, mountain climbing, etc etc. Whatever works for you! :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44801 by
Okay, so there seems to be a mix of YAY or NAY. Lot's of people think it would be a good idea and people also think it would be against the general flow of what TOTJO is. So here's what I'll do : I'm going to dive right in and take it upon myself to study the literature, the appropriate methods, and practices. I'll message people I think could contribute. I'll gather the pertinent info and keep a blog of my findings as they are found. I shall make this my personal education quest and my contribution to the order. Everything I find will be post and subject to the scrutiny of all TOTJO members. I will do so with the intention of making this semi-official Jedi practice. This would be for all those who wish for something like this without it being presented as official dogma. If by some measure people like it enough to include any or all of my postings in the official literature, then this would have been worthy of my time. If at least half of everybody here finds some use in the postings, this also would be more than worth it :) Whaddaya think?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44802 by
We always welcome contributions, especially those that may be helpful for members. That's the half the point of this forum - to share information. The other half is to discuss it :)
There are enough practises in the world for there to be something relevant for everyone but there's also room for new things.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44806 by
Mark. I will probably message you at some point for anything you can add. Is that cool?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44807 by
As always, I'm willing to help wherever I can!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi