Has anyone thought of making a treatise on Jedi...

More
12 years 5 months ago #44684 by Adder
Until a physical capacity to manipulate the Force can be measured it might be hard to define and refine a specific approach how to maximise it. Until then it's probably best served to support the diverse and inclusive approach of all possible methods to develop a deeper relationship with the Force - so each person can explore and undertake discovery into finding their own best methods. I like to think the Temple is a place where we can share this with each other to gain insight, eventually we might end up with the most successful techniques used by Jedi's, and I hope a lot of the existing religions content might offer up some previously successful content in the same way. Our's should be better though because its being approached with modern and open minds!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #44691 by Manu
As Jestor said, you write something down, then it changes...

And all attempts to neatly bundle beliefs and practices end up in the creation of dogma. :(

A simpler approach, set up a section on this site to work as a video/audio/ebook gallery, and everyone can contribute with their own material. (Or set it up on YouTube, if bandwith is a concern).

Jediism always has been and always will be an individual, inner journey. The jedi way will have different connotations for different people, so forcing (no pun intended) it into a set of practices will cripple it.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44693 by
I don't think anyone is trying to set up a practice or anything that Jedi are forced to follow.

I know my intention wasn't so much to force anything or say that this is officially a part of Jediism and something that all Jedi should follow, but more so to create a resource, something that Jedi, and others even, could go to, with ideas and suggestions and ways to train their physical body and mind.

I think more so that this is true of all of Jediism. I don't think anything in Jediism is seen as something you must do, or believe, but that all of jediism is guiding, helping, and suggesting to you ways to be and to act, and these differ by the person interpreting it.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 5 months ago #44694 by Jestor
Oh, I'm sure no one is trying to create an official dogma...

I just wanted to caution....

If someone wants to spearhead something, informal at first, I'm sure there would be no complaints....

At least continuing the conversation...

Ill back out now. I've voiced my concerns... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44697 by
Well, I think a lot of people are here to increase spiritual awareness of the force. Jediism itself is very similar to Taoism, Zen, Shinto. That combined with elements of the Star Wars literature should turn up something of value to a lot of people. None of the aforementioned paths really seek to tell people what to do or to follow THEIR way. I do believe that, if people are here to increase their awareness and harness their control of the healing, living force. We combine elements of Mantak Chia, Tai Chi/chi gong forms, methods of meditation, mantras, mudras, yogic regimes. I'd like a path to follow that is a little bit of all of these, but put together in a uniquely jedi way... Make sense?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44698 by
I don't mean to bark anyone down with their opinions, I simply mean to give my intentions behind this entire idea.

Yeah Planet I like your idea of it. It is exactly what Jediism is. Jediism is already a melting pot of ideas and thoughts from tons of other religions, and I think we can do the same when it comes to the physical aspect of it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44710 by
So, we can talk about it.. but how are we going to come up with anything if nobody starts. The entrepreneur in me wants to start now and do everything by-myself. I feel the new Jedi in me wants a more co-operative approach. I want to do this. Who wants to collaborate?!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44718 by
Like I've said before, you can count me in.

More
12 years 5 months ago #44724 by Br. John
Look at what we have so far. This is nowhere near finished.

http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/TheWayofJediism.pdf

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44728 by
Nice!!! I'll read this when I get back from work tonight. Contacted Cory. Anybody else interested, please message me!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi