What system do you study?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25884 by
Replied by on topic Re:What system do you study?
i dont have any other viable option than to shoot at clubs - nut I dont like clubs as I feel none of them can or will accept that some people only want to shoot for person pleasure and not compete - ive had a few occasions where as soon as ive arrived at the club - someone is on my case to shoot xyz round for the league or something - and that sort of unannounced 'pressure' is a real kill joy for me. Then you get he long bow snobs, the recurve snobs yadda yadda yadda - im sure you know what I mean - good old GNAS ;) oh and dont get me started on the pathetic dress code rules and the exact shade of green debarkle :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25889 by
Oh yeah the good ol' GNAS, that's them! The most fun I had was with field archery clubs, target archery seems a bit too strict and regimented for me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25892 by
muhahahaha not with me around they aint :D

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 7 months ago #25896 by
I can imagine how difficult it must be to stay straight laced at a GNAS club:laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37864 by
I am currently going onto my fifth year of study in a variation of Shotokan karate. In traditional Shotokan karate they are taught to the best of my belief the shortest distance between two points is a straight line my style chooses maneuvering more so then a lineal fight. I feel like the style suits me well. This style particularly suits me I believe because it is strong but complex. I do enjoy learning about it still as I go to classes, but would like to branch out and study Win Chung kung fu. Has anybody had any experience with this martial art? I would really appreciate hearing about them from you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37869 by
Greetings each

I have been very fortunate to train with some very talented people in a number of Maritial Arts.

I'm currently (still learning) practicing Judo and Tai Jutsu which I took on about 2 years ago and love it.

I've practiced a few others Aikido, Aikijutsu Shotatan Karate ,Jutistu , Go shin Jitsu. and for a short spell a style of Kung fu.

In my humble view pratacing multi arts can lead to conflict with movement. Judo and Karate go quite well together as would Aikido. However I have found that since starting Tai Jutsu , I cannot now pactice Karate as there is conflict with in the movents of each art...If that makes any sense lol'

All said and done if one enjoys what one does and learns from it..Brilliant :)

Yours in the spirit of Budo

Mike

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38972 by
Replied by on topic Re: What system do you study?
As you can see I'm a "newbie" to all this, Could somebody please explain to me what they mean by studying systems?

also how can I learn to study one?

Many Thanks

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42193 by
To:Yadinhowwalker
They are just asking what style of martial art you have practiced. You can study a martial art system(style) by: reading books on the system or from a sensei

I personally study Tai Chi and Baguazhang. I have studied a number of other art forms but these are what I found to fit my personality and personal style. They focus on ones inner power rather than physical strength, that would be why they are Internal Arts (Nei Jia)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 7 months ago #42203 by Jestor
Very few things are "stand alone"...

A tree, is a tree, but it is a part of the carbon dioxide/oxygen system....

As well as life, new seeds, and death, breakdown and deterioration of limbs and leaves....

Martial arts is a system, it is a way of walking, standing, kicking, punching, breathing, and so much more....

Even a punch, is a system of muscle, bones, sinew, skin, blood, etc.....

When everything is looked at, most things are a part of a system....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42294 by
When I was in middle school I stidied Krav Maga, which is Israeli Martial Arts. However, this system was based on Tak Kwon Do. I have been particularly interested in picking up again on my martial arts training. If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly be interested in hearing them.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi