This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own go

  • Greatest-I-am
  • Greatest-I-am's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
28 Nov 2016 16:44 #266476 by Greatest-I-am

Manu wrote:

Greatest-I-am wrote:

MartaLina wrote: Yeah well , knowing G'd he proceedes as he bloody well likes , i dont think he lives in the realms of good and evil ;)



That may be so, if there is a God, but scriptures say we are to emulate him as he is our best example.

Do you think a God and judge who breaks his own laws to be a good God?

Or are you afraid to judge what is said of him?

Regards
DL


In which part of scripture does it say we are to emulate God?


God is supposed to be the final word in morals and ethics. So believers tell me.

Strange that you would not think that theists would automatically seek to follow such goodness.

But tio your request here is one of a number of the quotes that show we are to emulate God.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Regards
DL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Greatest-I-am
  • Greatest-I-am's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
28 Nov 2016 16:47 #266477 by Greatest-I-am

Manu wrote:

Greatest-I-am wrote:

Manu wrote: If by "God" you mean the Abrahamic God, then you should be aware that good and evil are defined by Him, that is, good is his will, evil is anything else.

Which makes anything He does inherently good. He is above the Law.


So you are thinking that genocide is good then. Right?

More direct to your answer.
Would you tolerate our human judges breaking the laws they write?

If not why would you give a God the pass to do so?

Regards
DL


Because there is nothing I can do about it. If God is evil then he is evil. Nothing I can do about it.


Yes there is.

You can judge him so and pass on your good judgement to those who think otherwise and adore genocide when done by their God.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
DL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 16:51 #266478 by Manu

Greatest-I-am wrote:

Manu wrote:

Greatest-I-am wrote:

Manu wrote: If by "God" you mean the Abrahamic God, then you should be aware that good and evil are defined by Him, that is, good is his will, evil is anything else.

Which makes anything He does inherently good. He is above the Law.


So you are thinking that genocide is good then. Right?

More direct to your answer.
Would you tolerate our human judges breaking the laws they write?

If not why would you give a God the pass to do so?

Regards
DL


Because there is nothing I can do about it. If God is evil then he is evil. Nothing I can do about it.


Yes there is.

You can judge him so and pass on your good judgement to those who think otherwise and adore genocide when done by their God.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
DL


So is that why you are here? Shouldn't you be visiting a Christian group instead?

“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” - Joe Klaas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 16:54 #266480 by JamesSand
Yikes.

This is all true but it does not explain why people would praise and follow an evil genocidal God who kills when he could just as easily cure.


Well, given God's clearly unlimited power and callous disregard for any ethical standards, the good money is on praise and following and hoping to keep off the radar :laugh:

Few, if any, natural animals kill when they can cure or kill babies and children because of anger at the parents. I cannot recall any natural system doing so


We can do lessons on anthropology and naturalism later, right now you're busy teaching theology.

That is up to you.

Do you love your wrong thinking neighbors?

If so, this quote might guide you if you think it a good one.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.


So I've agreed God is Evil, but i'm still going to apply the teachings of the Bible?

Is the lord correcting me? am I the Lord?

I'm clearly missing something, and I am sure it is just my own lack of understanding - Can you run that by me again, in smaller words, so I might better comprehend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Greatest-I-am
  • Greatest-I-am's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
28 Nov 2016 16:55 #266481 by Greatest-I-am

Gisteron wrote:

Greatest-I-am wrote:

Gisteron wrote: ...


Seems you do not believe much of the bible. This is good.

Well, you didn't say that the biblical God was evil. Your conclusion was that an actual god (provided it exists) would be. It's not an expressed premise of your case that the Bible represents any bit of that being, or that it could.

But those who do, are stuck with an evil genocidal God.

No, you aren't. Whether there is a god and whether it is evil or genocidal does not depend on what anybody believes on the matter... Unless of course you are talking about the biblical character as opposed to an actual god that either did or does exist, but you didn't specify that and so by default I'd assume you mean the latter. On that note, even if you are talking about the biblical character it is still wholly irrelevant whether we believe that the book is an accurate descriptor of something real. We can discuss characters within narratives independent of whether they have real world counterparts or whether those counterparts have anything in common with them.


See, this is what happens if you start with your conclusions and then completely skip the premises. The extent to which your argument can be addressed, it falls apart.


I could have done all you say but as I see it, God, either real or imaginary, is still evil, so my all encompassing "God" in the O.P., is accurate either way.

I did have Yahweh in mind more than the other Gods, real or imaginary to all who have faith in God, and all the Gods, as unofficial purveyors of social manipulation and control, are all evil to me.

Regards
DL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Greatest-I-am
  • Greatest-I-am's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
28 Nov 2016 16:57 #266484 by Greatest-I-am

Manu wrote:

Greatest-I-am wrote:

Manu wrote:

Greatest-I-am wrote:

Manu wrote: If by "God" you mean the Abrahamic God, then you should be aware that good and evil are defined by Him, that is, good is his will, evil is anything else.

Which makes anything He does inherently good. He is above the Law.


So you are thinking that genocide is good then. Right?

More direct to your answer.
Would you tolerate our human judges breaking the laws they write?

If not why would you give a God the pass to do so?

Regards
DL


Because there is nothing I can do about it. If God is evil then he is evil. Nothing I can do about it.


Yes there is.

You can judge him so and pass on your good judgement to those who think otherwise and adore genocide when done by their God.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
DL


So is that why you are here? Shouldn't you be visiting a Christian group instead?




Regards
DL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Greatest-I-am
  • Greatest-I-am's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
28 Nov 2016 17:03 #266486 by Greatest-I-am

JamesSand wrote:
So I've agreed God is Evil, but i'm still going to apply the teachings of the Bible?

Is the lord correcting me? am I the Lord?


Is that bible quote not a wise saying? If so, you should not care about the source of it.

To your last.
In the way Gnostic Christians think, yes you are the Lord and your own master.

That was the good news that most ignore in the words the scribes put in Jesus' mouth.



Regards
DL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 17:18 #266490 by JamesSand
Right, I'd forgotten this was a recruiting drive for your club.

Where do I sign?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 17:21 #266491 by OB1Shinobi
are you sure youre ready to become a domino?
its a big responsibility, you should pray about it
to yourself, i think

People are complicated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 17:29 #266492 by Gisteron

Greatest-I-am wrote: I could have done all you say but as I see it, God, either real or imaginary, is still evil, so my all encompassing "God" in the O.P., is accurate either way.

I did have Yahweh in mind more than the other Gods, real or imaginary to all who have faith in God, and all the Gods, as unofficial purveyors of social manipulation and control, are all evil to me.

Oh, so you mean it doesn't matter whether a god follows the golden rule? Any gods are evil, no matter what? Then why is there any need to prove it? And how is your relying on the golden rule at all helpful? Shifting the goal post again, are we? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick