• User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 6 months ago #120917 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Conduct

Jayden wrote: Hi Connor,

I like this app because you can preset your meditation time. Like the video says, you can meditate for 5,10 or 30 minutes. It doesn't matter, what matters is that meditation is familiar.

So when you take a break in the day, you can preset a 5 minute meditation using the sound of Tibetan bowls.

I thought you would enjoy it.

Jayden

\|/

I have this one too, I particularly like that you can select different bowls, but more importantly, it has a journal function that pops up at the end of your meditation so you can keep a record of your practice.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120947 by
Replied by on topic My teacher on Meditation
I think the thing with this video is that it doesn't require you to dedicate your life to it. It really is great for beginners to follow his advice when they are just getting started. And then maybe they like that and keep going with it, or maybe they decide they want something different and find something else. But his ideas are so simple you don't have to give up everything and devote a few years to living in the mountains to decide what you want. Giving up 10 minutes a day for a year or two isn't a big deal if you decide late it was a waste of time or that something else could help you more. That's why it's perfect for beginners.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120974 by
Agreed.

I go to a Shambhala Buddhist temple, and we have 3 year olds who try it for 30 seconds. And, they can do it! It's really incredible to watch them sit there and enjoy the present.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #121354 by
I've recently downloaded the 'Zazen Meditation Timer'. It's completely free and no need to purchase extra sounds, or 'bowls'. Can set it to ring at different times throughout. I have mine set at every 5 minutes with the tone of the bowl going lower each time; kinda gives me the feeling of going deeper into my meditative state.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi