I think i may be going over to the dark side

More
14 years 2 months ago #28705 by Br. John
seanc wrote:

red heron i know this might sound odd.
but can you teach me to move objects with the force already?

http://gizmodo.com/5125905/star-wars-force-trainer-uses-mind-bullets-to-move-ball-through-chute

That's the first step and then you go from there. Let us know how you do.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #28707 by Jon
RyuJin wrote:

master kana is right...the only light or dark is in the human psyche....the force is simply the energy of life, it doesn't care if something is light or dark because all are necessary...

the only true light or dark resides within each of us and it's a matter of perspective. as he said what one person views as being light someone else will view as dark. likewise sometimes something dark has to be done for light results and vice-versa

it's our intentions that determine the desired result.

True up to a point. The result is also determined by the view, real needs and situation of the recipient as well. Sometimes we can do some real damage through well ment actions.

That is where the second line of our code comes in, concerning Knowledge.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Jon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28710 by
Like the old saying
\"the road to hell is paved with good intentions\"

More
14 years 2 months ago #28712 by Angelus
The \"dark side\" is for one, not nearly dramatic as you make it sound, and for another is not evil and certainly nothing to be feared. It is a respectable choice, and it has little to do with the cinematic Sith. You feel anger, congratulation, you're human. Only you can choose your path.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

More
14 years 2 months ago #28717 by Alethea Thompson
Why worry about it? If you are determined to live the life of a Jedi, should your focus not be more aligned with your training than whether or not you are susceptible to the \"dark side\"?

Maintaining your focus on training will lead you to the answers you seek. It might even lead you away from the Jedi Path and onto a new journey. Only \"the Force\"/God can give you the answers you seek. And only YOU can choose which street you feel will benefit you.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
14 years 2 months ago #28726 by Jestor
It has already been said in here a couple of times. But in different ways. Here it is yet again...

Life is Life. Neither Good nor Bad, Yet, is both Good and Bad.

The good or evil we see around us is a matter of perception.

To use the Star Wars movies to illustrate:
-Do you think Vader and the Emperor set out to be \"Evil\"?
-Was Luke evil to want to take revenge on Vader for Kenobi's and his 'father's' deaths?
-Is Leia evil for wanting to kill Vader and the Emporer?

Vader and the Emporer thought the people were not smart enough to rule through democracy.

As is the way of thinking for a lot of those who would conquer.

Did Hitler think he was evil? Gunga Din? Napolean? Bin Laden? Mr. Smith in the Matrix? Alexander the Great? The list goes on...

Is America evil? (Not in my view at all, but in this great country it is ok to post such a sentence for a discussion...)

There are countries in the world where 'We' are thought to be evil.

I will venture to say (my own opinion, not necessarliy the point of view of this website or it's admin or users), this country has probably made some blunders. But I do not think that (would like to believe that), anyone set out to do wrong in a grand scale. (and maybe my optimism blinds me... I do not know)

I basically see the good (I'm very optimstic). Even though I've had a little bad done to me now and then. And I've done my share of the spreading of hate and discontent (in my youth).

In my middle strech of life, I would like to think that I've had enough experiance to learn from my mistakes, and those of others.

I continue to hope that this is the case.....:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 months ago #28728 by RyuJin
you could see it as there are 2 main types of evil...perceived evil and true evil...

perceived evil is the most common and is based purely on point of view. with this what appears evil to one is not to another...

true evil is much more rare and is a natural tendency that occurs without reason. there have been very few instances of true evil...those that are truly evil not only know what they are doing is wrong but do so anyway just for the pleasure they get from it. they do evil with no psychological disorders that would normally be associated.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28730 by
From my perspective, there is most certainly a Dark Side to the Force... as is the case with all living things. This is how I view it, since I oppose the idea that the Force has no Dark Side:

Everything in the universe has a creative capacity (to which we assign the name \"Light Side\") and a destructive capacity (to which we assign the name \"Dark Side\"). Operating entirely on the Dark Side is impossible, just as is operating entirely on the Light Side. One's capacity for creative functions (life, healing, etc.) is equaled only by one's capacity for destructive functions (death, injury, etc.). But using one side or the other doesn't mean you *are* that side. What determines your \"side\" is your intent, your focus, and your ability to choose. If you consistently choose the easy path of destruction and injury before you try to fix things, you are operating on the Dark Side. If you consistently choose the path of selfish interests over those of giving, then that is most certainly operating on the Dark Side. One cannot operate without choosing these things from time to time--both are needed for growth.

A stone has a Light Side (the capacity to be used for constructing a house, a wall, or as the anchor for soil deposits to create a hill), and a Dark Side (the capacity to be used as a weapon, or to fall off a cliff and kill someone, etc.). The stone is not good or evil; it is, however, Light and Dark. Just as the Force is. And so what's evil?

Evil is to choose self over others, where such a choice is not entirely necessary for survival. It is this selfishness which is the real evil. Selfishness comes from focusing on the negative emotions until you're so wrapped up in them that they take control. It is living in the way of destructive intent and self-interest which excludes the possibility of allowing others to meet their own needs. We all have evil within us. The only thing that's required to eliminate evil in the world is to choose which one to feed.

Evil is survival of the self at the expense of the entire species.

And there are no absolutes: no absolute good, no absolute evil. It's all a matter of degrees... just like Light and Dark. Just like wet and dry. Just like any other \"opposing\" ideas out there. They exist, certainly; denial of them doesn't negate their existence, as both are necessary for balance.

Again, this is just my own view, and not \"canon\" or anything. But it's such a strong conviction that I felt the need to say something.

More
14 years 2 months ago #28731 by Angelus
The Force is a neutral entity, one thats use is determined by the user. It's a matter of the person, not the Force.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

More
14 years 2 months ago #28741 by Zanthan Storm
Well put.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol