I think i may be going over to the dark side

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28680 by
help please?
i feel anger, and i know that anger leads to hate and ultimatley suffering.
guide me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28681 by
i also feel anger ........ almost like the dark side is calling

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28682 by
what can we do?
should we block it out or give in?
it feels so tempting, i have already let my anger get the better of me.
i dont know what to do, i wish to seek tranquility but i fear there is none for me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28683 by
Blocking and giving in are not the only choices.

Step 1: Defocus. Acknowledge the anger, and move on.
Step 2: Thank yourself for the opportunity to be aware of your surroundings.
Step 3: If it doesn't work, use the \"meditation\" MP3 on the front page.

Anger is something we're all familiar with. It's when anger takes control that you're really in danger of living in the Dark. Lighten your mood, make a joke out of whatever's pissing you off, and just get over it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28684 by
but the dark side does it really exist?
i have only heard rumors, yet i feel its pull

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28685 by
All things have a duality: hot and cold, light and dark, up and down, Jedi and Sith... this doesn't mean that these are the only options, but surely if good and evil exist in all living things, light and dark can exist in the Force.

But having a moment of darkness doesn't make one a part of the Dark Side any more than a moment of lightness makes one a part of the Light Side.

You might want to go through the lessons on the Front Page. And remember: real Shaolin monks don't run across the tops of bamboo leaves without disturbing them any more than real Jedi lift space fighters out of swamps.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28686 by
red heron i know this might sound odd.
but can you teach me to move objects with the force already?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #28687 by
Many of us here dont believe in a dark side of the force

or a light side - or a pink, red, blue green, yellow etc etc etc etc

The force is the force.

Now you may have 'dark' thoughts, wants, needs desires etc - and trust me - we all do at some point - its a part of being a human. 'darkside' is intentionally doing bad things - or allowing your temper to get the better of you and you hurt someone - but its also possible to act out light things for dark intentions (flattery can be one of these) or you may need to do a dark thing to get a light end - eg the old saying ' the truth hurts'

now to really confuse you - what you may think of as a good light act maybe a dark act to someone else

but to keep it real simple - knowingly and intentionally doing bad things is 'darkside' aka wrong

The force is the force whatever you do - and yes you can 'use' the force to do bad things like wise good things (light or dark) but the force remains what it is - its YOU and your actions/deeds/intentions that are light or dark

But as we all know - life is rarely as simple as black n white (or light n dark)

At the end of the day - if you give in easily to darker things - you really will find it addictive - and one day - youll wake up with a whole heap of regrets and quite probably - have done things you cant make up for to those you hurt

and in all honesty - the person you really hurt the most is yourself

If youve come here to learn how to shoot lightning from your finger or raise your x-wing from the pond - sorry to disappoint you - but you wont find that here - or a schematic for a working lightsaber (and yoda was fired last week :D)

MTFBWY - A

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 1 month ago #28702 by RyuJin
master kana is right...the only light or dark is in the human psyche....the force is simply the energy of life, it doesn't care if something is light or dark because all are necessary...

the only true light or dark resides within each of us and it's a matter of perspective. as he said what one person views as being light someone else will view as dark. likewise sometimes something dark has to be done for light results and vice-versa

it's our intentions that determine the desired result.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
14 years 1 month ago #28704 by Br. John
Inside of you there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil.
The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all of the
time.

One dog wins. The one you feed.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi