My avatar

More
6 years 6 months ago #301230 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic My avatar
I did not go back far enough in the uploaded graphics list so I did not catch all of them (the blank white graphics). I checked back again to August 1, 2017 (before all this happened) and caught 2 or 3 more. That's why recent ones got deleted but older ones did not.

Once again, an invisible graphic in that space looks stupid and, to me, like there's something wrong with the program. I made up the rule. Protest away with a white square as long as there is a visible border around it.

I still have no idea what the protest is/was about. I can probably narrow it down to several things but I don't remember.

If there are still questions I'm happy to answer them.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301232 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic My avatar
Thank you Brother John,

I believe these answers suffice. Thank you for your willingness to address them. I appreciate it very much.

Much love and respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301233 by
Replied by on topic My avatar

Br. John wrote: I did not go back far enough in the uploaded graphics list so I did not catch all of them (the blank white graphics). I checked back again to August 1, 2017 (before all this happened) and caught 2 or 3 more. That's why recent ones got deleted but older ones did not.

Once again, an invisible graphic in that space looks stupid and, to me, like there's something wrong with the program. I made up the rule. Protest away with a white square as long as there is a visible border around it.

I still have no idea what the protest is/was about. I can probably narrow it down to several things but I don't remember.

If there are still questions I'm happy to answer them.

Ah, the episode finally came out? Perhaps going forward policy changes should be made known before they're carried out? Also, is there not more important things to do than change avatars without permission through rules no one was notified about because the look, quote, "stupid" ?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301235 by
Replied by on topic My avatar

Br. John wrote: Once again, an invisible graphic in that space looks stupid and, to me, like there's something wrong with the program.

Personally, as a website designer myself....I agree. It's very glitchy in appearance when the space is empty, I know it's made me pause and think something went wrong a couple times before I was informed of the "Protest."

Perhaps going forward policy changes should be made known before they're carried out?

Again....As a website designer myself I can understand why this was not publicly announced or made into a big public to do deal. In the grand scheme of this temple's purpose....Your avatar is (should) be extremely low on your list. Takes you what.....3 minuets to upload a new one?

Yea...I get it...It was for a protest. Again....takes you 3 minuets to upload a new one :-p

Usually when I make Administrative adjustments it is in the line of 40 or so other minor changes in accompany to everything else. Recording every single minor step is a bit.....Nit Picky. Seriously.....go work on your IP or Meditations or Picking up cans or....whatever it is we all try and do as actual Jedi ;)

On that same foot.....

I have seen plenty of members in the Jedi Community overall who very very much fixates on the nit picky attitude....So, I got myself into an administrative habit of logging my action's in a note pad and posting the action log in a thread. It's tough to develop that habit and even then I often missed things....no one's perfect

But might be something Administrators here could consider *shrugs*

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi