My avatar

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #301147 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic My avatar
I do not Zenchi. I believe the reasoning to behind the original protest to be one of the egregious things needing to be addressed. I simply wish to eliminate the unneeded distraction form those principles that should be addressed first. Not that this is not bothersome, but something that is lower on what I see should be our priority list.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Kobos. Reason: Forgot to sign

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301149 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic My avatar

Arisaig wrote: I'm still here waiting for an answer as to why this affected only people that have were active in the last week before this policy was rushed through. There are still people around that have whiteout avatars, and if this was a program or whatever going through and changing avatars, this would not be the case.

That mystery will probably be resolved in Episode XLII. What was that sophomoric protest about? Somebody didn't get their way?

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301151 by
Replied by on topic My avatar

Br. John wrote:

Arisaig wrote: I'm still here waiting for an answer as to why this affected only people that have were active in the last week before this policy was rushed through. There are still people around that have whiteout avatars, and if this was a program or whatever going through and changing avatars, this would not be the case.

That mystery will probably be resolved in Episode XLII. What was that sophomoric protest about? Somebody didn't get their way?

can't wait for that episode to come out then and we get the answers to the questions we asked. :)

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #301170 by Kobos

Br. John wrote: That mystery will probably be resolved in Episode XLII. What was that sophomoric protest about? Somebody didn't get their way?

I believe it was a misunderstanding/miscommunication of what a certain role was going to involve and what would come of that; and then I think more people joined as by error or coincidence a certain level of respect was cast aside (nothing was said but sarcastic remarks, when people asked for answers) and people began to notice that this level of respect a basic concept of human dignity was being ignored on all levels and it spiraled from there on both sides.(something I would really like to avoid seeing again in my time here). That was just my view and why it had my support.

What is sophomoric about that situation Brother John?

Brother John, what has happened friend? I have seen you be so kind, and a great Jedi to follow in my time here; but most recently I have seen so much anger. It is okay to feel that anger Brother John, some stuff got thrown directly at you and Ren when you did not deserve it, but is it still okay to act on that now? I am again, respectfully asking you to cast aside emotion and remember what you have founded, the peace you have helped many of us cultivate within ourselves, and return to the Jedi I used to see on the general boards saying kind things of wisdom or ask for help with whatever burden you have as we are here for you as the site is here for us. I urge you to please consider what I have said. If it is not something you want to share here please feel free to PM me.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301205 by
Not to stoke the flames, but would not a solid black avatar serve the same (if not, a better) purpose? You know? Like when someone redacts information from a document for public view? Whiteout serves to rewrite something, whereas blacking out serves to show something is to remain unknown (or something like that). Protest, from what I gather, isn't against any policy here. It sucks when you're the one being protested, but censoring it shouldn't even be used (unless a policy or rule is being abused or ignored). Like others here, I don't know what exactly happened, nor do I know the reasons for protest, but why not get to even ground and talk to each other without personal attacks or character assassinations. I mean, censoring protest is yet another tool of fascism, is it not? Isn't it rather un-Jedi to support fascistic activity? Just curious. Maybe I'm way off.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301206 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic My avatar

Luthien wrote: Not to stoke the flames, but would not a solid black avatar serve the same (if not, a better) purpose? You know? Like when someone redacts information from a document for public view? Whiteout serves to rewrite something, whereas blacking out serves to show something is to remain unknown (or something like that). Protest, from what I gather, isn't against any policy here. It sucks when you're the one being protested, but censoring it shouldn't even be used (unless a policy or rule is being abused or ignored). Like others here, I don't know what exactly happened, nor do I know the reasons for protest, but why not get to even ground and talk to each other without personal attacks or character assassinations. I mean, censoring protest is yet another tool of fascism, is it not? Isn't it rather un-Jedi to support fascistic activity? Just curious. Maybe I'm way off.

The overuse of the term "fascism" here makes me roll my eyes. This is a website. If the person in charge doesn't like what you say and decides to censor it, then he has the right to.

Accusations do nothing but stoke the fire.

Now, the actual question is what are the long term consequences of a community leader not compling with the same policy he set up, and modifying circumstances at his whim?

It might come across as a bit harsh, but that question pertains only the administration. They have to decide what kind of leaders they want to be. The rest of us decide whether we follow or leave. But crying "foul" to someone who might or might not care about your opinion does not get results.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Rosalyn J, Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #301212 by Kobos

Manu wrote: The overuse of the term "fascism" here makes me roll my eyes. This is a website. If the person in charge doesn't like what you say and decides to censor it, then he has the right to.

Accusations do nothing but stoke the fire.

Now, the actual question is what are the long term consequences of a community leader not compling with the same policy he set up, and modifying circumstances at his whim?

It might come across as a bit harsh, but that question pertains only the administration. They have to decide what kind of leaders they want to be. The rest of us decide whether we follow or leave. But crying "foul" to someone who might or might not care about your opinion does not get results.

Manu, thank you that is well put! To further your point, I want to present this thought. WE, all of us from New Members to The most senior in the council make this place what it is. Do we deserve some answers? Certainly. Do we want change? for sure this place will always evolve with us as we grow. But, If we lose sight of the very reason this exists and the personal growth it has brought us; how are we to help others just starting their journey or stuck at a hard moment in theirs. I will always be here because of that, If I disagree, get agitated so be it, I will not show that on a public board. I will however call out anyone who decides it needed to be disrespectful, it solves nothing.

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 7 months ago #301217 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic My avatar
Yes a black square is OK and even this is just fine.

Attachment ima13.jpg not found

On a computer an invisible graphic in that place looks stupid or like there's an error with the site.
Use the space for protest text.
It's just not gonna' be something that looks like nothing.

What exactly is/are the question(s)? I don't remember how it got started.

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #301220 by Kobos
Brother John,

I believe these were the two questions that many were just waiting for an awnser on.

Then can we please get an explanation why this only affected members that have been recently active?-Ari and myself.

Why is this a new policy and when did it get put into place?

I submit these respectfully and would love to just know otherwise, I'm dropping it at that my friend. We have a place of learning to maintain after all.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301222 by

Manu wrote: The overuse of the term "fascism" here makes me roll my eyes.

Well, it is a rather broad term that has many applications and varies depending on how it's used. So, I get why it's "overused".

I couldn't care one way or the other. If I don't like how a site is being ran, I simply don't use the site. If I've invested a lot of time and energy into it and still don't like it, then why not cut my losses? There are plenty of other places that serve the same purpose. Or, like Louis CK said, "Then make your own. You go make one. [...] See how close yours to perfect."

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi