Uploading Pictures From My Pictures

More
8 years 9 months ago #197697 by Adder
I tried uploading a pic yesterday with no joy, but when I posted the pic on the wall, it got shoveled into the default album for my account... so it sort of works, just not as advertised yet.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 9 months ago #197701 by Jestor
Just tried... It worked...

Did you jiggle the right wire?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachment hb049323.JPG not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 9 months ago #197703 by ren

Jestor wrote: Just tried... It worked...

Did you jiggle the right wire?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachment hb049323.JPG not found

YES :D

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197713 by Kit

Mareeka wrote: If I remember correctly you shared the leather work as well.

All beautiful!!!!

Namaste

This? http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/mytotjo/kamizu/photos/photo?albumid=125&photoid=1001

Thank you.

Adder wrote: It does happen though quite easily, people save stuff locally they like and quite simply forget not only where they got it but any information about who created it.

Easy fix, you save the image name as the title and creator so you can look it up later to credit the artist.

Kitsu Tails wrote: I first saw the image here at the temple on Kamazu's Avatar. She did not have it watermarked or any "Claim" on the picture save that it was her avatar. I figured she just liked the picture. Later on.....

The only way you would have gotten this image is from my avatar. I never posted otherwise and it would not show up in a Google search.

..........Like it or not. Yes. I did find it through one of my random Google searches. Though "Oh! I love this picture. It is Sooo Me!" and saved it to my fox folder.

Sorry I still don't believe you. I have been unable to find it in any general to specific web search. Had you asked me where I got it I could have told you. And what watermark do you think I can put on a 160x160 pixel image that's not going to destroy the look of the thing? Defeating the purpose it was made for.

All this aside, you know who made it now. Credit and don't use it as an avatar. I say this because people have a hard enough time mistaking me for you.

Jestor wrote: I must say, I borrow all the time from images on the internet...

And I never give credit, cause I don't know who makes them...

And I suck at art, lol...

Well, by my liking, lol...

Seldom is it done in a malicious manner.... Especially by a Jedi...;)

That's your choice but I think credit is due where credit can be given. If I find an avatar I like, I make the effort to find who made it so I can offer credit. Theft, digital or physical, is un-Jedi like. Where art comes in you don't have to make money for it to be theft.

Then a follow-up question for you Jestor, if the artist came to you and said "Hey, that's my work, please credit or don't use it." What would you do?
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 9 months ago #197714 by Edan
Most of my avatars are royalty free stock images.
The ones that aren't I try and get permission for, usually I'm not able to (can't find the artist), but I credit where I can.
If you look in my signature at the moment you'll see that that I've credited the original artist of my current avatar and I am actually trying to get confirmation from them at the moment that I can continue using it.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #197715 by Jestor

Kamizu wrote:

Mareeka wrote:

That's your choice but I think credit is due where credit can be given. If I find an avatar I like, I make the effort to find who made it so I can offer credit. Theft, digital or physical, is un-Jedi like. Where art comes in you don't have to make money for it to be theft.

Then a follow-up question for you Jestor, if the artist came to you and said "Hey, that's my work, please credit or don't use it." What would you do?

Well touche on the theft comment...;)

Although we can fall back into the intention part I think... Whereas theft to feed my family, while still theft, I could live with... But, not the thread for that discussion...:)

I do NOT purposefully NOT give credit for the images.... I just use them for a short time.. I have actually sought permission before, and was told as long as I do not misrepresent it, it would be OK...

I stick with that in mind...

And to answer last question, why,of course i would stop using it, and apologise to the artist, of course...;)

Edited for clarity...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197717 by

Kamizu wrote: Sorry I still don't believe you. I have been unable to find it in any general to specific web search.

So you are telling me that I am lying....I don't appreciate that at all.

Had you asked me where I got it I could have told you.

I did not save it from/off of TOTJO. I found it much later in google search, I did not think that warrented a comment to you when I thought you did as I did.

All this aside, you know who made it now. Credit and don't use it as an avatar. I say this because people have a hard enough time mistaking me for you.

Kitsu Tails vs Kamzu. Yes....I can see the confusion >_>

Simple fact of the matter is. I have apologized. Three times now. I am sorry for upsetting you. I had no idea it was your's and my intentions were not malicious in use.

Jestor. Can you please delete the posts with Kamzu's picture? I am done with this conversation. I will not continue to argue with people who call me a theif. I am insulted and find all of this to be unfair. I had done nothing wrong.

*bows out*

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #197718 by Jestor

Kitsu Tails wrote: Jestor. Can you please delete the posts with Kamzu's picture? I am done with this conversation.

Done...

Please take the conversation private should one of you feel the need to discuss that further, thanks...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Jestor.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #197721 by steamboat28

As a content creator, I'm telling you right now, that's never good enough.

Unless it's a meme, you owe it to the creator of the artwork to credit them.

Google has a reverse image search that starts by you dragging in a picture and it searches the web for that picture. That's the simplest way to tell who it actually belongs to. Any artwork put down in a fixed form (i.e., any format that's actively displayable) in the U.S. (where I live) is automatically protected by US Copyright law, and registering that copyright will give me even more benefits.

This is especially true if I find it on a site where I theoretically "know" everybody. If I ran across one of Jestor's avatars, I could easily ask him how he found it if I wanted to use it in some other manner.

The case in question in this thread is kind of sticky, as the fox and the Jedi logo belong to separate copyright holders, but the photomanipulation (which could be argued to be a derivative work) was the work of a Jedi who used it to literally identify herself to other Jedi.

Avatars are like signatures for as long as you hold them. If I saw anyone else using this amazeballs avvie that CryojenX made me, I'd be super buttmad about it because
  1. It wasn't made for them, it was made specifically for me.
  2. I have permission from the copyright holder to use this to identify myself.
  3. This piece of artwork has personal and spiritual significance to me
And I'll bet you credits to navy beans that last one is why Kamizu got upset about it.

Bottom Line:
Unless I actively give away my rights to a piece of artwork, specifically, in writing, I will either be credited for it or it will be taken down. Or I'll start sending DCMA's.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Avalon

More
8 years 9 months ago #197727 by Kit

Jestor wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: Jestor. Can you please delete the posts with Kamzu's picture? I am done with this conversation.

Done...

Please take the conversation private should one of you feel the need to discuss that further, thanks...

Hiding the problem isn't going to fix it Jestor. The image was never the problem to begin with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brenna

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi