The Block

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #350287 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
To the fans wearing the same color t-shirt- there is only one color that comes to mind. To the fan who has their favorite team - things always remind then of the team and their plight. I got family who are dedicated fans to sports. Everything about them says sports from their clothes to their house to what they listen to and their home. Truthfully, its their thing. They go together everywhere to see games and playoffs. I am not a sports fan. I have been but now later in life, its not my thing. I dont have TV available any more as I used to, so its never a problem for me and my family. But thats the funny thing. What brings my In-Laws together and has been one thing of a type of pillar for them isn't for me. I, used to look at things differently and actually get upset at all the sports crammed into our meeting of family and friends. I used to think , "What a waist of time." Then I joined in. Now, no , I didn't compromise or even have a break down, I took a break and allowed them to do their thing- WITH us. Now- Dad send the coolest gear to me and the family at least twice a month and communication has increased at least three fold this year. Im still not a fan and I still dont live in the color purple but I do love those people so very much and now we have some good times at home and at the restaurants and when they visit more and more.

You may find in life- times that try or times that can make a difference. Some times its real stuff, some times its not. Sometimes my Modern day Jediism reminds me to stop being so grouchy about things and enjoy the real life of - "There they are" rather than "Why are they here?"

In my personal life and path these two questions are being swapped on a daily basis and cultiving this one is a good thing for me and my family. Maybe try it?

Why are they here- has changed to - THEY ARE COMING Get ready everyone!

Not every ones a fan Jeddist
Not every one likes Star Wars. Not every one understands it. It makes strangers uncomfortable or even turn em off and away.
Thats with everything, not just our Modern day Jediism.
Think about it - be salty and grouchy or - Join the day. Always up to you and me. Looking forward to another week and another great year here.
Go Jedi!!!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #350644 by Carlos.Martinez3
What a time I find my self in. Im confused and afraid and cautious and happy all at the same time. Ever been there? Ill share with yall today a bit. I dislike when others hurt. When innocent hurt its no better. Today is no exception. Sickness knows no race - gender- role- title- value or not, sickness spreads to where it can.This flow of obvious happenings is shared by all. Whats happening to me is happening to you. Its scary. So much uncertainty. We are all at the mercy of what now we all have at hand. I send a Hug and a thought - I light a candle for us all as we all go through things in our own community.
I encourage all Modern day Jeddist every where to remember and think- we all like to help and be there for others, such a wonderful Moedern day Jeddist trait, but be wise and think. Take cautions and proper measures. Usually the old saying goes "Two ants were on the mound and saw a frog. The frog said ribit yum yum and one ant says - hes talking to you. Both were eaten that day. "

Water is my thing. Remember-
Modern day Jeddist book of Change
Who has power over a flood? Yet, everything needs water. The Force is and can like this. Its Ebb and Flow is what drives and its consistency is its faithfulness. Never claiming, yet, heads all. The Force is never demanding or Lords over things, yet it can always be present, hidden in hearts. Truly, what is humble as the Force when there is no demand only notice?

Sometimes nature can slow things and some times we do. Some days we can control things, some days we can not. Some days others decisions effect more than just them. Thats where I find my self today along with every other person in the world.
I went to get grocery alone and with a list and spray on hip like a light saber and only close. I watched as people respected and feared other peoples space. The children didn't run or even scream as they used to and no ones over toughing things. WHAT A COST. This wont last forever but be smart Jedi and remember who and what we do. Be safe and be kind and be smart.
Anything encouraging out there?
I bought a driver obviously had a huge stack of list for others, lunch. Random acts of kindness often break and shatter things in moments like these....
Share with me your moments and your questions any time.
Feel free to join in.
May the Force CONTINUE to be with yall ans we all seek and serve and share it.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #350885 by Carlos.Martinez3
I got to

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2514-cleave-to-hope

J.K. posted a new sermon and this one thing got me- it stood out for a guy like me.

"Pick it up. Get a handle on it and as you work the practice, let the practice work you."

ohhhh that's good!!!!

There are truly more people than we may admit who understand this in such a personal way. That it's like an "oh yea" for me sometimes. Anyone who has practiced, or mastered any task can grasp this concept.

I forget-- often-- as all humans can. This place is made of people. That's the best part. It is made up of y'all. It's been a constant changing and growing and scary thing for me. Part of the growth for me was doing things I didn't understand or being in situations new. Like J.K. said, "...sometimes let the practice work you."
Sometimes its obvious that the Force is at work. As Finn in the movies says "that feeling" we all know and use different ways to describe it. Been there, done that, sometimes it's the Force; sometimes it's us; sometimes it's time for seasons to change, regardless if we are ready or not.

Be ready with me this week, you modern day Jeddist everywhere; and remember some moments belong to us, some don't, but all belong to the Force. Have you chosen it lately? Still blaming "ol coincidence" for stuff ...lol
All my Love my Temple and may the Force continue to be with you every where you seek it and don't.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kobos

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #351081 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment E301EE97-08A5-44FC-852A-1385EA7D4B93.jpeg not found

Attachment F672258D-4430-4D41-A671-AB81E5DF2925.jpeg not found

In my every day life, I enjoy a good tinker. The wife and son did this one. Their mission was to take apart a old broken, discarded Street Fighter pin ball machine. We found one, two actually, but we took the Shaq Attack one we found apart first.
Pinball machines are a vice for me. I remember slipping quarters in on a daily basis growing up. It wasn't much for the local grocery store to have the new or latest "Mortal Kombat." I remember playing that and Virtual Fighter -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - the big stuff. Being born in a "hood," lots of people vandalized things, strangely not these things.There was one also with 4 sticks and you could be a mustached small muscular magic guy and a arrow shooting girl and some other characters I can't remember. MEMMER? You memer? We wore joysticks out. Mortal Kombat I, we broke a already broken joystick 26 rounds before it broke off totally. The laundry mat was the place to play "those estupid marble games," as my Grandma called them. I played hours on end playing pinballs -Galaga and Pacman there while waiting on pillows to wash and dry for my grandma.She was older schooler than me. Marbles. So growing up this doing this, my love for the Arcade began. Now, I found a place between where I live and the beach which is 230 miles away, so roughly about 100 miles from here is a place which has Pinball machines filling 3 buildings. So many, the house rule is "to enjoy turn the game on wait and play. Shut it off after your done." Every one I saw or played I've played before some where some time.

The whole concept is switches.
"Pinball is a type of arcade game, in which points are scored by a player manipulating one or more metallic balls on a play field inside a glass-covered cabinet called a pinball machine. The primary objective of the game is to score as many points as possible. " Wikipedia's description.

Its a whole box of triggers and switches.Its progress is open and shut- zero or one- dash or dot or in its case- go or no go.

I remember some games you had to unlock the game play. Ya had to hit all 3 or 7 in some games bumpers so you could start journey or game plays.
These are those bumpers or switches, the little red circles or dots to unlock the next part of play or that ever famous, "EXTRA BALL."

The Hero's Journey
How I grew up, I was very much on a trigger or a switch. Its how I was raised. ehh. Not in my control first. Later, i figured it out and with adjusting and a lot of being weary of my own attachments, I figured it out like most people in life. People do it all the time and will be doing it till the day we die. When I figured how the brain works and how my own mine triggers certain responses and actions, things began to make a bit more sense. Jeddist are smart. Given enough time, I have yet to know one who couldn't figure things out all on their own with what they have present. Think about it.

So this week- I know these are Monday things but life is often full and that's okay too- take some time to see if you can find your switches or triggers or even targets and see if ya can figure out what they do or where they go or even sometimes- who put em there. Its part of life.

Finding your triggers and switched, Depending on what part of the"box" these things are in they can go from - free game - to better luck next time.
What are our switches attached to? What do they unlock or unleash? What are they doing for ya?
Something to think about this week Modern day Jeddist.
May the Force continue to be with you
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 11 months ago #351123 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
Thanks man that's actually something I needed to read. I've been in a wierd place doing things to prepare for something that's not coming(food, ammo, survival supplies and the stuff I would need to bug out from the city.) Its been like a switch clicked on and off whenever I'm away from my fiance Its wierd that that's a trigger, its wierd but that post made me think of it. I will try to get more active agian in the community I've been quiet for sometime. I burned out. I focused on work look forward to finishng my contract and moving. Now that I'm limited work I should be doing something more with my time when I'm on call for working. Sorry for the gushy reply but yea I sometimes need to speak sooner when in a wierd spot.

Thanks for the post man.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 10 months ago #351284 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Jeddist book of change says:

Why learn? Why distinguish or label things? Some bask in information. A Jeddist can keep information and still be an empty cup ready for fill. Some shine, some don't. Some seek purpose, some create purpose. To be like the wind and to come and go and have no home, some can be like this too. Where we receive or nurture can be as different as every possible purpose as well. It can all depend on our individual choice.

Some days I get to a point where I don't wanna learn today. Those days can turn to weeks for me in im not carful. Some days are filled with learn some days , not so much.

WHY LEARN?

I leave ya with that this week. Something to think about. Every one of us has a answer. Why learn after all these years?

May the Force be with you as we all seek serve and share it.
Pastor Carlos

Feel free to PM or answer here or in your own Journals.
Keep safe and remeber- LAVATE LOS MANOS!

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #351676 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Block

A place to come and chill and get some Jeddistic thoughts from me. Who can do it - any one. Who can comment - any one - once a week I try - pandemic and all that here lately - to post something for every one.

Today -

Levels
Every one who is a Modern day Jeddist is at different levels in their path. Some are beginning - some are in it.

Modern day Jeddist have levels where they are at in their Jedism - Modern day Jeddist have denominations.
Does that help in the slightest bit?

Can we understand Jediism a bit better now?

All my love Temple.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #351886 by Carlos.Martinez3
A few things today my Temple.

Attachment 53EEDC1A-2896-4BD4-9488-6888DF481604.jpeg not found

These are my Jedi flowers. My wife’s grandpa - Papa- met a woman at church. He fell as he said “head over heels at that good Godly woman.” His quote not mine. He found love. She planted these petunias. I’m not a petunia guy. NOT me. Pansies - no way. I grow trees and food and veggies - joking - I’m a rocker through and through - yet there was a pot - with these flowers for me one day from her. They will for ever be in my life.
Nature often gives examples of return. And I harp and encourage us as a temple to often “return” to ourself or our rules or codes and ideas and faiths and practices. I encourage REAL life modern day life Jeddist to look for applicable things. Parallel.

Attachment 9B70D929-B9C1-4F59-B401-067DD6220E54.jpeg not found

Attachment 9A8351E9-7140-4233-AE1F-8E031019A81A.jpeg not found

There are the originals - see em.???
Nature often returns.

Now -
https://www.hortweek.com/best-new-variety-bedding-pot-plant-winner-petunia-night-sky-ball-colegrave/ornamentals/article/1425645

Wanna know about them - Ya wanna wanga there ya go.

They are fairly new.
Eventually the originals come out and ya find what’s called the clones. Sound sStar Wars enough for ya?? Not yet - k.

Eventually - nature - the Force - returns to itself. So many times, there a way back to the original.

There is always a way to the Force.
Be smart

Modern day Jeddist are smart.

Return.

Go back to the begining - as often as you need my friends.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/world-events/123720-what-s-that-sound

May the Force continue to be with you and May the Force we seek - serve - and share find ya where ya look for it.

This week - the Force can be as real as you want it in any where you like. Even where ya look- or plant.

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352286 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-1hjDxxLs&feature=emb_title

This is a Singer. One of - not my favorites but defiantly worth noting. His stance on things over the years has been eluding me since I heard his song for the first time "Belly Dancer." Later, I began to hear rumors and silly internet chimichangas about what he does in his off time and the "Akon a good guy or bad guy" type of news.
In my own practice, I often get moments to validate things I've always wondered. When I think - I often remember and it seems this was something I found a few days ago.

now, you may not like the artist or even the genera or the type of things done by him, but when you pray or meditate or think or reflect or set your mind - what ever we call it - we WILL eventually find the answer or find a way. May be years after or ya may never find out but its the journey often that gets me... I found this validation over while googling silly stuff.

This happens a lot when ya think - ya remember. This happens often when ya pray and ya meditate on said subject - ya remember the subject later. Force or not, the mind is a wonderful thing.
Something to think about Jeddist of this world - finding validations is all about the Modern Jeddsit life for me.

Keep on seeking and keep on finding.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352421 by Carlos.Martinez3
Monday

I feel like the world is off- not just where I live but everywhere. There is something I want to share.
I’m a grower. If it’s got a seed I can grow it. If I can splice it or get even a piece some days - it can be grown. Its both a talent that was natural to learn. Those are the best ones- anyhow my wife - she’s the Angel of death to anything in my garden. She’s got a 100 percent record. Yea, it’s pretty cute some times but I digress.

By its fruits

The fruit is the evidence of what is inside the seed.
If ever we needed those seeds of hope and care and ... fill in the blank.... it’s today.
Look around- for the bad do you see the good? What’s evident is what has been inside.

Both sides

Harming others ... almost always upsets

What’s growing in your garden?
What’s really growing?
What’s being planted?

Inherit worth is one step UP from a lot of things- remember that.

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi