Creationism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #51468 by
Replied by on topic Re: Creationism
I mean no offence to Christians, Muslims or Jews but I can see it now, God sat there on His throne deciding how to screw with our minds next and suddenly thinking up dinosaur fossils!

MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57192 by
There is a problem with all the theories explaining cosmogony, and we can only be certain, that we don't know jack about all that. When you come down to the meaning of most theories, then Something (Someone) created Everything out of Nothing. It doesn't matter if we're talking about Creationism or the Big Bang, no theory makes sense, which doesn't mean, that they don't have to be true. All we can say for sure, is that everything somehow began, period.

More
11 years 11 months ago #57199 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Creationism
Where is the beginning, the starting point, on this?

Attachment emptycircle.gif not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57534 by
The point where you started drawing this circle :whistle:

More
11 years 11 months ago #57536 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Re: Creationism
Just one thing I have been thinking of: What's the difference? What effect does any of these theories have on our lives at all? (Unless one would bound more beliefs to some of them and unless one would work in archaeology or so)

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57539 by

Gisteron wrote: Just one thing I have been thinking of: What's the difference? What effect does any of these theories have on our lives at all? (Unless one would bound more beliefs to some of them and unless one would work in archaeology or so)

It ultimately doesn't matter if you're ok and find yourself happy with having believing that creationism is true

Where it does matter is when people attempt to force their own religious beliefs into the education of children and claim that their views are scientific fact when they absolutely in no way are.

That is my key point of contention and that is why I think the debate over the validity of creationism (as scientific fact and not opinion) is a debate worth having

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57551 by
okay, heres my quick 5p for those who care...i gotta go to work in a min, but this is indeed an interesting topic, is it not?

i am nominally a christian, in that i have been baptized and attend church regularly. i dont think that this in any way supercedes the technological paradigm this world has created since the time of the writing of the bible. by that i mean, we all remember the catholic church's stance on the research of galileo galilei (among many, many others). heliocentric. flat earth. slaves as willing converts to christianity. and so on.

the writers of the bible had no possible way to conceive of the world we live in now, and its many scientific theories (some, like gravity, more verifiable than others, like multiverse theory). i think that in matters of the technological and scientific, the Church (as a whole) needs to admit its lack of education and experience in this field and leave it to the scientists/technologists who are advancing the field. after all, you dont see them (usually) telling anyone how to worship their god of choice. stick to what you know, fellas.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #57560 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Creationism

Kalkho wrote: The point where you started drawing this circle :whistle:

The circle was not drawn. It's generated by a mathematical equation; there's no starting point.

(x - h)2 + (y - k)2 = r2

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Br. John. Reason: Added equation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57744 by
Ah, but the process of developing this particular circle have started when You commanded Your computer to make one for You. There's always a start.

More
11 years 11 months ago #57746 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Creationism
Physicists theorize that before there was time “to start” there was no time. So it either it always was or couldn’t have been.

Let V (x) be continuous and positive near zero.
If V (x) ≥ 3/4X to the −2 power, near zero then V (x) is in the limit point case.
If for some, E > 0, V (x) ≤ ( 3/4− E)x to the −2 power, near zero, then V (x) is in the limit circle case.

So that in space time:

Ds to the 2 power = −rαdt to the 2 power + rβdr to the 2 power + C −2rγdθ to the 2power + rδ(dz + Adθ)to the 2 power

This of course is theory, but it is the accepted model.

Monastic Order of Knights

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi