• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2851 by
Replied by on topic Re:RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
Br. John wrote:

We are a church and have clergy.

A commissioned minister is a person who is not full time clergy and does not have duties or responsibilities of any continuing nature. We don’t have any of these and if and when we do it would be for a member who just wanted to conduct a wedding for a friend or other one time service and that’s it. If another occasion comes then they get another commission for the specific service.

Licensed ministers are those licensed by the church as full time clergy during good behavior (no time limit) and they have a higher duty of service and responsibilities. They can conduce weddings and all other ceremonies except regular spiritual counseling and or ‘confessions’ protected under state law as privileged communications.

These two functions are where we cross into legal territory. Authorized ministers are exempt from counseling licenses and can be told things in confidence which is a privileged communication and the minister cannot be compelled to repeat them.

A license can be revoked at any time when it’s in the best interest of The Order like if someone lied on their application or got the license just for a joke or for abusing the power etc.

A Whateveryoucallit has the same powers as a licensed minister but they are ordained and its permanent – no take backs. For bad behavior such and one can be forbidden from exercising their powers under penalty of expulsion from The Order.

A Whoeveryoucallit is ordained and in addition to all the powers of a minister can help folks with continuing spiritual counseling and hear a confidence protected by law. By now you see why a license is so easy to get and it’s only after a person is comfortable in the clergy and proven themselves that we give them powers that can harm people.

All of these folks can just be called Rev. as a matter of common etiquette in a formal setting.

The Wheneveryouareit has all the powers of the Whoeveryoucallit and can license and ordain.

Our clergy are the servants not the masters of The Order.

This is an exciting and well mannered discussion and it’s great. I unpublished but did not delete the Sith post as garbage. A post that says nothing but “George is a Dark Lord and smells like an outhouse” or “that Jedi bitch used her powers to make me pee myself” should not even get the dignity of an answer. Nobody’s running around censoring here and if we do remove something we keep a copy. Debate is always welcome and garbage goes in the trash double bagged.

I’m going to quit while I’m ahead and see what commentary comes along.

Br. John

Thank you Br. John. This is why i keep saying it is seperate. This is also why I keep saying that designation as a Jedi does not denote responsibility as a Clergy. Does that make more sense now? am I lost?lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2852 by
Nobody is lost we're just finding our way;) .

Br. John

p.s. I don't think it's a big deal for Master Dunn to set up a poll. He has his family and business to run so it's just a matter of time.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2853 by
If it must change, I go with Rev. Justice's layout.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2854 by
Br. John wrote:

Whiteknight wrote:

But we need a way of distinguishing between the Clergy and other members, without making one seem higher than the other even though we know this not to be. I suggest we think of a sytem and stick to it. The titles used may make it look like particular members are \"higher up\", but we should have information posted somewhere making it clear that we arn't.

Considering this, it might be a good idea to have a constitution. It would take matters like this and sort them out once and for all in a clear document. Ofcourse it would take some time to compile but once it has been, it will help to eradicate confusion and give out a set of clear guideline on how things should be done. Of course if anything isn't working amendments can be made.

Are you offering to help with this committee?

Br. John

Are you suggesting that you are going to create a constitution commitee?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2856 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:RANKING: Jedi Vs. Clergy
I think one important thing which we should not forget, especially in making such decisions, is the Force. We should put our trust in the Force and listen to its promtings. Although I am happy with the way things are at the moment, I trust the Force that the right thing will come out for us.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2857 by
Our Articles of Incorporation are our Constitution but we don't have any significant ByLaws. If the members are interested in making some serious ByLaws we can have a committee and I have outlines.

Br. John

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2868 by
Where can these articles of Incorporation be found? I've looked and can't find them...I may be blind...forgive me if this is the case...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2869 by
These are our Articles Of Incorporation.

Br. John

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2874 by
That is not neccesarily a constitution in which it doesn't set out any rules or regulations for the workings of the Order.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2875 by
I know but when you have a corporation you use ByLaws instead of a constitution.

Br. John

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi