Physical TOTJO Temple in Texas Project

More
6 years 10 months ago #286241 by Br. John

JamesSand wrote:

How many of you can come for a one week stay within the next two years and would you?

There is no cost for lodging and meals since there are guest quarters here.

Are you inviting me over for Coffee br John?

I have never said no to free coffee.

Don't make me fly to Texas to maintain my perfect record.

You are most welcome to come visit and I have a guest suite with it's own private bathroom. There is a double size bathtub and a separate walk in shower.

My house (on the left). https://www.google.com/maps/place/6955+Limerick+Dr,+Beaumont,+TX+77706/@30.0899993,-94.1855221,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x863eccd3068dcedd:0xc3317353923b94a8!8m2!3d30.0899993!4d-94.1833334

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #286242 by Br. John

Connor L. wrote: John,

I could make a trip in July. Perhaps Brenna or Wescli will come with.

-Connor

If you do all visit at the same time I have a second guest room so that's no problem. See my previous post .

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Br. John.

More
6 years 10 months ago #286244 by JamesSand

You are most welcome to come visit and I have a guest suite with it's own private bathroom. There is a double size bathtub and a separate walk in shower.

My house (on the left). www.google.com/maps/place/6955+Limerick+...899993!4d-94.1833334

Fancy.

Haha, Dead grass, horrible cream brick - Looks like my place! (Just needs some wandering sheep)

More
6 years 10 months ago #286259 by TheDude
John, I'd personally be willing to dedicate my time to teaching and living in a temple if others would be interested in the same.

More
6 years 10 months ago #286263 by Br. John

TheDude wrote: John, I'd personally be willing to dedicate my time to teaching and living in a temple if others would be interested in the same.

I'm considering establishing a Monastery in Beaumont Texas. So besides my previous question, would you or anyone else be able to move here if I did?

I'm not only taking this survey to make a point. I'm seeing if it's a viable idea.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

More
6 years 10 months ago #286269 by Brick
Are you talking about a permanent temple in texas? With people living there 24/7? If so, how would this be funded? Both the temple, and the actual cost of x amount of people living there? I'm not opposed to the idea, but if I were to make the commitment and say 'yes, I'll head on over', I wouldn't want to pay several thousand for plane tickets, leave my job etc, only to get there and have to come back because it wasn't sustainable. I'm sure others would feel the same.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #286270 by
Just tell me where you want me and when John :P and 2 years is a very good time frame to pack up and start over

More
6 years 10 months ago #286353 by TheDude
I'd also like to note that I have a lot of philosophy/theology/esoteric books. Would be willing to donate them to a physical temple or monastery along with my own time. :)

More
3 years 3 months ago #357295 by Kwitshadie
That’s really cool. Has anyone started the construction of a Jedi temple? Texas might make a great pilgrimage destination. :)

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda

More
3 years 3 months ago #357303 by Zero
No, and no one has responded to this thread in working on 4 years......I’m starting to think kwitshadie is a thread necromancer lol.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi