Physical TOTJO Temple in Texas Project

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167214 by

Connor L. wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: I wasn't disagreeing with any of that. Heck...I have plans and layout for and entire Retreat Center with everything a community would need to sustain itself offline XD

I was merely disagreeing with the location :) I would not put it in texas.

Something something "if you build it...".

Keep in mind you have 4 TOTJO members living in Texas currently. Brenna, Wes, and I will soon all be living within 5 minutes of each other, and John (the founder) is 4.5 hours away from us.

:P So, from a TOTJO perspective, it could be fun to have it in Texas!

4 vs.....how many does Chicago Chapter have? 12?

Never the less....I sure would be happy to see a Texas Chapter group show up on Gathered Force Community.... :whistle: Just...sayin....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #167224 by J_Roz
If land was really the only problem. I would donate acreage to the temple. The UP of Michigan is an amazing place and I do own property there. There are a few monasteries and such there that are absolutely AMAZING places of peace and harmony.

I really like the realization of the website, we can create a much more equal playing field here. Not everyone can just drop everything and go live in a temple. Its not not financially possible.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167225 by

Jedi_Roz wrote: If land was really the only problem. I would donate acreage to the temple. The UP of Michigan is an amazing place and I do own property there. There are a few monasteries and such there that are absolutely AMAZING places of peace and harmony.

You will have to let me know when your in Michigan ^_^ ......Or if you ever plan to sell your property ;) hehe I need to visit UP sometime. Im more near Lansing area though

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167226 by
You're missing the point of my statement. There are 4 TOTJO members in Texas. The title of this thread is a Physical TOTJO temple.

So, great, go ahead and build a Chicago Temple. lol. There can be more than one.

More
9 years 5 months ago #167227 by J_Roz
I didn't miss the point at all. I understand what you are trying to get at. There is a huge amount of logistics to consider before something like this is even considered feasible.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167228 by
Not you.

Kit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167229 by

Connor L. wrote: Not you.

Kit.

Forgive me. I didn't realize the input and participation of non TotJO members wasn't allowed. When I think of world impacting things like a Temple for JEDI...I tend to think of everyone. And even if we focused on just the TotJO members. I bet the highest population isn't Texas. But apparently I was out of line so....My bad. I shall bow out now. *Bows*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167231 by
How immature, Kit.

I'd appreciate it, if you're to engage with me, that you come at me with facts. If you want to prove me wrong, then do it. Don't guess. Go find the member map and find out where the most US members are concentrated. That's the only logical way to make this argument.

Admins, we'll take this to PM if Kit wants to continue this conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167234 by
How is that immature? I did not realize this was an Us vs Them (TotJO vs The rest of the community) conversation and there for I willingly left the thread so that TotJO members can discuss TotJO temples. I do not, wish to discuss this over PM. I have bowed out and this is the last I will speak of it. I only responded now because I feel wronged by your rude implications of immaturity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167258 by
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zWtrf7XVQ7Uc.k7I882CoCsb0

According to the member map, the highest Totjo member state would be Illinois. However, the highest populated area for Totjo according to the map is England. So if you want to go strictly by that map we'd have to build it in England. Lol.

However, this map is extremely outdated. It states that there is only 2 members in Alabama, myself and Desolous, however we have a lot more members in the Alabama Jedi group then just us two.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi