Copy of Post in the Knight's Forum: Election of Knights as Advisory Council

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291900 by Avalon
Both present very valid points.

Another alternative could be, instead of making it an indefinite term, to rotate one or two people out every ... 6 months? Or all out every 12? For the very same reasons which tzb offers: allowing experience. Just a thought... Not a very solid one though.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Avalon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #291901 by MadHatter

tzb wrote: ^ A benefit of this approach would be people who are experienced on Council would be available, should someone step down. I'm not suggesting it should be an auto promotion and people should certainly be recruited on merit whenever needed... just that it spreads the experience around rather more.

Yes not only do we have the experience spread around. But always have fresh eyes. And it acts as a "trial of loss" to put it in the light of the fictional Knighthood trials. The position should not matter so much as providing good service and the attending the needs of the Temple.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291902 by
I imagine we'll see some turnover with the Knights as well. Hopefully not too often, but it is healthy to rotate new people in. I know that as a Knight, I would not hold too tightly to the position if I didn't feel like I was doing anymore good, and if others felt the same, I would certainly get out of the way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291904 by

Senan wrote: I imagine we'll see some turnover with the Knights as well. Hopefully not too often, but it is healthy to rotate new people in. I know that as a Knight, I would not hold too tightly to the position if I didn't feel like I was doing anymore good, and if others felt the same, I would certainly get out of the way.

This attitude is why you'd be great for the role. I'd like to think any Knight who realises someone with more time or motivation could do more for the community in the position would stand aside and let them. Being a Councillor is about serving the community, not about clinging to personal power.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291905 by
We could reelect every year in July.

More
6 years 9 months ago #291906 by MadHatter

JLSpinner wrote: We could reelect every year in July.

Actually, I like this idea but would modify it by staggering half every year and then the other half the next year so that we have some experience on the board at all times.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, ,

More
6 years 9 months ago #291909 by Avalon
Doing that would also allow for any knighted apprentice advisers to return if they're suitable for the position.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, , Zenchi, , MadHatter

More
6 years 9 months ago #291922 by J. K. Barger
I too have been wondering about term limits..

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291925 by
Senan I agree with you. ;) and I agree with Tzb that you would be a great addition.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291928 by Brick

MadHatter wrote:

JLSpinner wrote: We could reelect every year in July.

Actually, I like this idea but would modify it by staggering half every year and then the other half the next year so that we have some experience on the board at all times.

I too like the idea of reelection at the end of a fixed term, though I think every year (or voting every 6months if we stagger it) is a bit much. It also doesn't give newly elected individuals a great deal of time. I'd like a term to last at least 2years, if not 3.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi