What is the wisest thing you have heard?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 weeks ago #350286 by
"The universe is unfolding as it should."

First heard that from Spock in The Undiscovered Country, then learned it was from the Desiderata: https://www.desiderata.com/desiderata.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #351921 by Jake Nislan
"He who thinks he knows, doesn't know. He who knows that he doesn't know, knows" - Joseph Campbell

This one spoke to me very recently and I think no one ever truly knows all, life is a endless learning process and there's ought to be many things even the most intelligent minds among us don't even understand or have yet to find out. I also think this is important if we want to reach mutual understanding , not only in communication but also in society.

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see

There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death

The force is in all things and I am the force

- Novice of Temple of The Jedi Order

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Skryym, Kobos, jedijoshuabe

More
3 years 10 months ago #351922 by Skryym
Only the mountain has lived long enough to listen objectively to the howl of the wolf. - Aldo Leapold

Our time on earth is so short, and our experience here is so deeply entrenched within our culture that we can't help but see things subjectively. We all hear something different when wolves howl. Some of us feel fear and anxiety, others reverence and rapture, still others feel mild curiosity about the auditory and ecological function of the wolf's vocalizations. Whatever we think and feel about a wolf's howl, it has an objective value only the mountain knows.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352021 by
We are exchanging our true essence which is pure for the mind and body,
through identification with mind and body, we suffer.
Bring your awareness into daily activity and just be an observer of your thoughts and emotional state,
be witness, don´t engage yourself in detail elaboration why, what and how is this happening. Be present and
just admit it to appear.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352024 by
"A wise man brings an umbrella on a dry day"

More
3 years 10 months ago #352033 by Kohadre
"Your smart to somebody else's stupid; is stupid to somebody else's smart"

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352063 by
I believe I've heard a lot of wise things but I cannot for the life of me pick one that I would label "the wisest." :laugh:

But, since I want to contribute something to the thread, I'll share this that I came across recently in one of my books.

Quick background: a solar eclipse was causing some panic among statesmen and many were wanting to leave and rush to their homes and families.

"Abraham Davenport, managed to keep his nerve and dignity. “Gentlemen,” he said, “either the Day of Judgment is here or it is not. If it is not, there is no occasion for alarm and lamentation. If it is, however, I wish to be found doing my duty. I move, therefore, that candles be brought.”"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352066 by
maybe not the "wisest", but something that accompanies me my whole life (hope I find the right english words):

"only when you are really afraid of the next step true changes will occur."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #352079 by
"There is always some truth in jest..." A joke is never really just a joke. Humor allows insight to the innermost thoughts and feelings of the one employing it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 5 months ago #363273 by
All that one must do to be hated in this world, is to always do, That which is Just and that which is Right. - Robert Johnson

Always act as if.. Always act as if someone is watching and if you'd be embarrassed to be seen doing whatever, then don't do it. - Robert Johnson

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi