What is the wisest thing you have heard?

More
4 years 1 month ago #349600 by Manu
"Only trolls necropost" - The Internet.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349601 by

Attachment image.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349642 by OB1Shinobi
To give a serious reply, here are some of the lessons that stand out to me as being important in my own life.

1: Life is hard and if i want mine to be any good, i have to be willing to pay the piper. I have to go into every day expecting to have to make a serious effort. I have to be willing to work hard and do things as carefully and as well as im able.
2: Life is tragic and unfair. Understanding the truth of this can either demolish a person, mentally and morally, or it can become an opportunity to bolster the self by accepting this truth with the belief that its still worth living and that with good choices, hard work, and a little bit of luck, we can end up with a life that we are proud of and grateful for.
3: We are our behavior and all?we do is behave. Everything we do is behavior, even our thoughts and feelings. We are not our beliefs or our ideas, we are not our emotions, we are not our self image; we are whatever it is that we do with our time and energy. Particularly in regards to how we relate to ourselves (personal health, supportive self-talk, life planning, etc) and how we relate to other people. The we we treat others and the kinds of relationships that we have. It doesn't matter if we call ourselves Jedi or Christians or Ninja Turtles, it is the patterns of our relational behaviors which most define us.
4: We are capable of changing our behavior if we are willing to look at ourselves honestly and willing to make effort at becoming better.
5: Its best to be ethical because we have a standard that we aspire to live up to. But if nothing else, be ethical because being unethical has a way of coming back to punish you, hard.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Skryym, Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349654 by
“Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”

“To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.”

“The more a thing tends to be permanent, the more it tends to be lifeless.”

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.”

“No one is more dangerously insane than one who is sane all the time: he is like a steel bridge without flexibility, and the order of his life is rigid and brittle.”

“We do not “come into” this world; we come out of it, as leaves from a tree.”

“Without birth and death, and without the perpetual transmutation of all the forms of life, the world would be static, rhythm-less, undancing, mummified.”

“Only words and conventions can isolate us from the entirely undefinable something which is everything.”

“…and plans for tomorrow can have no significance at all unless you are in full contact with the reality of the present, since it is in the present and only in the present that you live.”

“Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way”

– Alan Watts.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350208 by Streen
"When you are deluded, every statement is an ulcer. When you are enlightened, every word is wisdom." —Zhiqu

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350234 by ZealotX
that fear is a path to the dark side.

I don't think we realize how true this is and how catastrophic the results are of our own fears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Nislan

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350235 by Neaj Pa Bol
It’s not the destination, it’s the journey. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

The journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder. ~ Lorena McKennitt

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350283 by Alexandre Orion
Silence...

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350284 by Vampiric_Conure
'It takes more courage to suffer than to die.' - Megatron (IDW version)

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350285 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of my wisest Modern day Jeddist told me one time in the beginning of my ministry - "Dont take the bait"

Still works till this day

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi