Being narrow...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6156 by
Replied by on topic Re:Being narrow...
Narrow mindedness is rather amusing at times. I say that and use the following example. I am the proud owner of a Blue American Pitbull Terrier (APBT). I'm sure someone reading this just had their skin crawl when they saw the word \"pitbull\". My boy, Smoke, is 8 months old and weighs in at 65 lbs right now. He's not really started filling in yet, so doesn't really look very \"pitbullish\". People see him when we're out walking and start the conversation with stuff like, \"Oh, he's so beautiful...\" while they are petting him. Then usually comes the question, \"What breed is he?\" As soon as I say pitbull, they pull their hands back and take a few steps back. They totally forget that they were just being licked and leaned against and being shown all kinds of love by this animal just because he is a APBT. They show how they scope their view from what they see on tv or read in the paper. The forst thing that they think of is the \"Only thugs and drug dealing gang members own those dogs. They are dangerous.\" That is a quote from one person I ran into at the park. If they'd do some research, they'd learn that APBT's are bred to love and be loyal to humans. They were bred to be our number 1 fans. Breeders that have a clue to what they are doing actually put down APBT's that show any hint of human aggression to eliminate the gene from the bloodlines.
I say all of that to lead to this. People's narrow views of the world around them are seldom their own. It is something they heard or learned from someone else and accepted, with or without knowing, as their own point of view and are not willing to explore possible other options or views. As long as we as Jedi remember, \"There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge\", we shouldn't fall victim to narrow mindedness.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6160 by
Replied by on topic Re:Being narrow...
Rev. Justice wrote:

Narrow mindedness is rather amusing at times. I say that and use the following example. I am the proud owner of a Blue American Pitbull Terrier (APBT). I'm sure someone reading this just had their skin crawl when they saw the word \"pitbull\". My boy, Smoke, is 8 months old and weighs in at 65 lbs right now. He's not really started filling in yet, so doesn't really look very \"pitbullish\". People see him when we're out walking and start the conversation with stuff like, \"Oh, he's so beautiful...\" while they are petting him. Then usually comes the question, \"What breed is he?\" As soon as I say pitbull, they pull their hands back and take a few steps back. They totally forget that they were just being licked and leaned against and being shown all kinds of love by this animal just because he is a APBT. They show how they scope their view from what they see on tv or read in the paper. The forst thing that they think of is the \"Only thugs and drug dealing gang members own those dogs. They are dangerous.\" That is a quote from one person I ran into at the park. If they'd do some research, they'd learn that APBT's are bred to love and be loyal to humans. They were bred to be our number 1 fans. Breeders that have a clue to what they are doing actually put down APBT's that show any hint of human aggression to eliminate the gene from the bloodlines.
I say all of that to lead to this. People's narrow views of the world around them are seldom their own. It is something they heard or learned from someone else and accepted, with or without knowing, as their own point of view and are not willing to explore possible other options or views. As long as we as Jedi remember, \"There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge\", we shouldn't fall victim to narrow mindedness.

Then you too are being Narrow-minded in your open-mindedness! LOL, I love this Job...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 8 months ago #6161 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Being narrow...
Too true Master Justice. Narrowmindedness doesn`t let itself be argued with. As in predjudices that you mentioned there are no roots to work with or heal, there are only empty borrowed ideas...

“There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion.”
-Lord Acton

...that is why our authenticity as Jedi is so vitally important. What we are must say the truth.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi