The armed forces

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 week ago #692 by
Replied by on topic Re:The armed forces
While there is little doubt to me that the United States is an empire, I wouldn't call it, or anything else that exists as a tangible object on this earth, evil. But whatever, this thread isn't about imperialism. Congrats on your acceptance. I wish you success, and may the force be with you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1493 by
Congrats on your acceptance to the acadamy. Just rember to be nice to us enlisted personel. While I'm Army and your going in to the USMC just rember the \"little people.\" Serve with Honor and Pride.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1499 by
I have to congratulate you on the acceptance. Just want to give a quick bit of advice to you. You will learn many things in the school...many things from books. When you get to your boat, for the love of the Force, please, be an officer, but let your NCO's run the show. They have the experience with the sailors, and they know what they are doing. They will give you the utmost respect if you allow them to keep running things they way that they have been, and you will be so more in touch with the troops/sailors that way. Do your job when you are required to, but, unless there is something that is just entirely too much for the NCO to handle, please interfere as little as possible. Just advice, you do not have to follow it, but it will work out for the best in the long run. A lot of officer's go to the show, thinking that they know everything, and are despised and treated like crap by their enlisted charges. Don't go that route, just do the right thing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1514 by
War_Beauty, when you told me you were going in I didn't know you were going to be a swabbie.... I wish you the best of luck in your task. Just remember to trust your Non-Comm's and you should be good. I would expect nothing less of you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi