He have younglings in here right?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4859 by
Even though my mother raised me Mormon, once i was 8, i was allowed to choose and decide what religion i wanted to follow. She isn't a very mormon person, and i guess i'm not everyone's perception of a Mormon and how they are or should be....but i was taught to question everything and explore ALL ideas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4869 by
This is turning into a very interesting topic. I ,myself, unlike many of you (it seems) was very ignored as a child. My mom spent her time in front of the TV and my dad to when he wasn't working. My cats and dogs were the only thing to keep my sister and i company, the only religion we got was from our Grandma (who passed away a few years ago). Religion was never a big deal growing up, except with my grandma. And although my parents never forced anything on me, they did have me baptised at 10. When i started looking into other religions my dad was alrigh twith it, my mom told me to not get into something i can't get out of, like i was joining a cult or something. But considering i never really had that religious background to build a solid foundation, i believe, is why i have claimed so man religions in the past. All i can do now is hope that when things turn bad and i doubt that the doubts will be pushed aside by my thoughts and beliefs.
I hope to build a foundations for my children, i don't want them growing up not know what to believe, there is the problem in hand. It might be alright to give kids the freedom, and they might do like my sister (wiccan) and find a religion that really sticks, but they might be like me and search until they feel exausted of searching and i dont want that. Ugh, this is complicated. I want them to have a religious background, or at least a philisophical one, but at the same time i want them to decide what they believe for themselves. Well i guess i am just looking to far ahead, we are no where near ready for kids yet financially or emotionally.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi