Here is the UJ plan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4162 by
Replied by on topic Re:Here is the UJ plan
Ok some of you have your facts seriously messed up. The UJ doesn't even talk about take over and I know it doesn't say we aren't tolerent of other views on the force because I encourage more views not less. I wish some of you would ask questions instead of just assuming you know the answers. And Asta i do remember you telling me about Jedi Online and we are going to them too. We don't disagree with Jedi Online. I don't care if this post doesn't make a diffenece since i am so hated here and if you can forgive me for making such a stupid and ignorant post earlier about the withdrawal then i think i might have made the right choice. Like I said we have given you the information and you can either ask questions or condemn us either way its up to all of you.

Kreia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4163 by
I have no personal problems with the the notion of creating a united front for Jedi around the world. I do however, have a problem with that, UCMJ type \"Justice\" system that I saw worked out there. That's going a bit too far I believe. That's a big reason that most of us are here, because Jediism, because there are all sorts of other religions out there that are strong arming their congregations around the world. We're human, along with being Jedi, and should not be \"burned at the stake\" for some things that I need to do. Which by the way, I have done some self-searching about something else that's going on here, and it's none of my business, so I'll drop that subject, case closed, for me at least.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4165 by
OK i understand what you all have concerns about and i respect them but i am tired of re explaining this when it never gets completely understood so i'm done with explaining if you really care enough to find the absolute truth then you can contact me but i'm done with this topic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4171 by
kreia wrote:

OK i understand what you all have concerns about and i respect them but i am tired of re explaining this when it never gets completely understood so i'm done with explaining if you really care enough to find the absolute truth then you can contact me but i'm done with this topic.

What is Absolute Truth?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4178 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Here is the UJ plan
I have read the UJ plan carefully, and let it go through my mind. I have to be honest, I did not find it an easy read. I found it quite heavy. Although the UJ and what I experienced as the Roman Catholic Church are not to be compared, the feeling I recieved inside was similar. The RC Church has a multi-hundred page \"Ius Canonici\", which advises, warns and threatens. All too often I have had to watch good Catholics being excommunicated, humiliated or excluded because of differing views. The UJ has certainly a heavy disciplinery accent, which causes a strong sense of respect.

I can also understand the idea behind all of this, the idea of an established, serious Jedi Community. It somehow reminds me of the Jedi community presented in the Star Wars saga. The problem I see here, is that we already live in an established society full or regulations, warnings, guidelines... . At least for me, this is quite enough to be getting on with. As Jedi we have to our best in the society we find ourselves in, trying to respect and uphold that society. If the Jedi were organised with a power authority, this would present each Jedi with the dilemma of who has primary authority: the state or the UJ. Because do not think that society will idley sit back and watch a strongly organised \"belief group\" grow on their doorstep.

An important point mentioned in the description was the free room which each group would still retain. I was disturbed, just recently (as Master Jidun and Br.John also pointed out), that a leading member of the UJ attacked our liberty to quote scripture. To change would mean to loose our syncretistic identity. I think it would slowly kill me if I could not be myself.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4184 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

kreia wrote:

What is Absolute Truth?

The only \"Absolute Truth\" that I can think of, is that someday, we're all going to die Physically, and leave behind this crude flesh that we currently inhabit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4190 by
After spending some time meditating over this, I have to still say no. Or at least, not yet. Unity is a worthy goal. You have a good plan laid out. I respect what is being done and your individual efforts, Kreia. I just don't feel this temple is ready for that kind of structure that is laid out in your plan. The judicial section is a bit overwhelming. Each site has it's own admin and moderators that handle discipline issues now as is. So, I would say that this part is overkill, maybe?
Don't let yourself become discouraged in your efforts either. Some of our membership is very outspoken and blunt and that is what makes them unique. I'm not aware of what Master Finch is speaking of on one of the UJ members being against people quoting scripture, but that would hinder many in our membership. Most here follow the syncretistic way. Some quote Buddha, some quote Christ. The various world religions and their truths are what helped gave birth to Jediism as we know it today. To bind the use of those truths would be just, wrong, to put it in a word.
As I said, worthy cause, but I don't believe it is the right move for this temple for the time being.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4197 by
Thank you Rev. Justice your answer is what we wanted. The UJ doesn't want to force anything if the people of this site really think its best not to join the AJC that ok with me and we will always leave our door open if you ever decide otherwise.

Kreia

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4209 by
Yes, a noble cause indeed, but, not for everyone, just like all else in life. Keep up the good work though, and spread the word Kreia, good things come to those who wait, MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi