Here is the UJ plan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4148 by
Here is the UJ plan was created by
This is what we have written down for the plan:
The plan is pretty long so just warning you it takes a while to read.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/United_Jedi/index.php

Main Goal:

The main aim of this plan is to unify all the Jedi (groups) in a ‘council of Councils’ to be known as the Alliance of Jedi Communities hereafter to be known as AJC (AJC).

The United Jedi order or (UJ, has a Unification Team, (UT) assembled to facilitate the gathering of all Jedi sites under one common philosophy and become one body with the focus being unification of the Jedi community. The UT will also offer support to all Jedi sites, orders and groups whether religious or fellowship focused.

(The United Jedi Order will be an impartial site administrator).

Recruiting to the AJC:

1. Protocol One – UT’s teams will research groups by reading posts on forums, goals, philosophies and teachings in detail according to a set criterion.
2. Protocol Two – If said group meets the criteria their governing body shall be approached by UT representative with an offer of association made.
3. Protocol Three - If a group finds the AJC and wishes to join then the UT ensures the criteria are met and protocols are followed (set out in point 2).

Outcome of Protocols - Once joined the site becomes a member of the AJC order.

This will provide a standard within the Jedi Community that is agreed upon by the whole. Other member benefits will or may include access to other resources such as teaching notes, administrative assistance and access to other Jedi.

Unification Plan Description of Councils:

1. There are 2 types of councils: a regional council and a High Council.
a. A regional council is the council of a site that has joined the AJC.
b. The AJC High Council is formed by representatives of other sites.

AJC High Council

This council will consist of either one or two representatives from every member site.

This council will be the last vestige of authority for all Jedi groups where their regional council is unable to deal with an issue at their level of responsibility. This level of responsibility is to be determined by AJC High Council.

If an entire site breaks protocols and rules and it is brought to the attention of the group then the AJC High Council will take appropriate action determined through the Judicial system. If an emergency council meeting is required with the AJC High Council, the UJ Unification team will need sufficient notice to organize it from three days to one week.

Criterion for Membership to the Alliance of Jedi Communities. Applies to all orders and groups.

Unification team to use a checklist for each application to the AJC and archive afterwards.

Philosophy:-

Respective group to conform to a similar standard of philosophy.
Jedi code of 4 to 7 lines; a Jedi creed, and set of Jedi teachings.
Sites will have Jedi Values and Jedi Beliefs visible to all members before joining. Members must take an oath of Jediism, and introduce themselves to the Masters and Council or Leaders by a post or similar on the main forum or similar.

The Jedi Vow

“I am a Jedi in my heart, a Jedi in my mind, a Jedi in my soul, a Jedi in my spirit, and a Jedi in all that I do and say. I choose the path of the Jedi as a way and means to do that which is right, to illumination, to inner peace, and to calmness of mind. I choose the path of the Jedi to express my profound allegiance and devotion to the Living Force. I vow to uphold the Jedi teachings, and hereby devote my life to the cause of the Jedi, that I in turn may earn the right to be called a true Jedi. I vow to honor the five parts of

The Jedi Creed

1. Jedi are the guardians of peace in the Galaxy.
2. Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
3. Jedi respect all life, in any form.
4. Jedi serve others rather than rule over them, for the good of the Galaxy.
5. Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.”

Rules of Behaviours and member protection:-

Sites will have a Terms of Service and a set of rules for behaviours.
Forums will have moderators and members responsible for breaches of codes of conduct and rules. A basic judiciary system and penalty outline in their bylaws if incorporated.

Internal structure – Ranks:-

Rank recognition: Ranks are to be transferred from group to group. Admins of each site will be contacted to verify the rank of individuals.
This will negate the need for accreditation systems within the orders.
If a site chooses not to have a ranking system, this is to be respected as the choice of the regional council/leaders of the site. If moving from a non ranked order to a ranked order, members acknowledge they must conform to the structure of the new order. In reverse, ranked Jedi must not use their ranks or titles in non ranked order.

Ecclesiastic Orders- Orders who choose to have clergy/ministry structure.

Members of orders whose goals or aims fall under this category will have similar clergy structure, ranks and titles transferable to other orders.

All members of clergy will need to take an oath of ministry.

A clergy handbook will be used to provide ministers with duties.

A seminary training programme or similar teaching academy or recognition of prior learning will be necessary.

Orders will provide ministers with an ordination certificate.

Jedi Ceremonies will be standard between orders.

Orders will use official Jedi ceremonies wherever possible. Generic ceremonies may be used in lieu of a Jedi ceremony until an official ceremony has been adapted and approved for use.

If an order is registered to certify and perform marriage ceremonies the marriage certificates and other official documents will have the individual orders seal on it. Alternatively the order may use an Official government certificate.

AJC Member Protocols

Inter site relations
No site will ever interfere detrimentally with another site or face investigation and possible suspension according to the judiciary system of the AJC. (This also applies to a single individual).

Reporting Duties and Representatives to the AJC

When a Jedi order joins AJC, the order’s council must choose one or two ambassadors to represent that order who then join the AJC’s High Council. The order will also choose someone who will be the rep.’s replacement or substitute in the event of non attendance at any AJC council meeting. The Jedi order’s council will provide a monthly report of necessary information to the High council via UJ for archiving; this will ensure an accurate and up to date reference of progress from all members of the AJC. If the order does not have regular meetings or electronic documentation of decisions or necessary information, an interim report will be provided on an ad-hoc basis. Failure to provide reports may lead to membership to the AJC being suspended.

Leaving the AJC

Regional councils may elect unanimously to leave the AJC by stating this intention in writing to the AJC Council or the UJ Council

Re-entry to the AJC.

To reapply for membership, the regional council will need to give a submission/application for reentry, with reasons in writing to the AJC Council or the UJ Council and await a decision. The decision will be based on the specific reasons as stated in the submission/for re-entry. Re-entry is not automatic.

UNITED JEDI ORDER – AJC Unification Team

The AJC Unification Team will consist of four main parts

Unification Plan co-ordinators

Master Kreia
Master Bosh Xuda
Master KC Avalon Dabak
Master Neaj Pa Bol

Duties to supervise and delegate other groups of the UJ
Oversee ongoing monitoring of sites of the AJC through UJ subgroups.
Recruit members of the UJ to the unifications groups.
Ambassadors for the United Jedi Order
Point of Contact for the AJC Unification team

Research Groups – Ecclesiastic and Fellowship

The duties of the RG will be to research the Jedi community sites and apply the criteria for each type of order or group.

A checklist will be completed for each group who applies for membership to the AJC and will be approved by the UJ Council and archived.

Ecclesiastic Group

This group is open to all members of the UJ to join. This group will be under the supervision and direction of a Council member of the UJ or representative.

Fellowship Group

This group is open to all members of the UJ to join. This group will be under the supervision and direction of a Council member of the UJ or representative.

Liaison Group

The duties of the LG will be to provide a networking of contacts from other sites of the AJC. If an order needs assistance with advertising, public relations, internet, graphics, administration or any number of other areas where expertise is not available within that order, the LG will coordinate through the AJC to meet the needs of orders. The liaison group will consist of members of the UJ under the supervision and direction of a member of the UJ Council or representative.

Judicial Group(Emergency Council) (JG)

The Judicial Group (JG) is a sub council which will consist of either one or two representatives from every active member site. This council’s primary duty will be to assist the AJC in dealing with higher judiciary matters.

In the event that the orders own judicial system is failing, members may contact this sub council for intervention. The order must present evidence on the breach of the orders laws, be it conduct or more severe. Investigation and unanimous decision will be entered into and must be accepted. (See Ethics and Justice system.)

If an entire site breaches several rules and it needs to be brought to the attention of the group then the Council will follow the judiciary system.

This sub council may also assist orders with creating of bylaws, rules and other protocols of behaviours. (see also Liaison Group)

Ethics and Justice System

1.1 Purpose. The purpose of the Ethics and Justice System is to provide a fair and equitable manner to take action against a member whose conduct or actions are viewed as highly destructive or offensive by a member within the organization. The actions employed are a Court of Ethics, a Committee of Evidence (CE), and a Board of Decision (AJC).

1.2 Court of Ethics. A court of ethics is convened by an ethics officer appointed by the AJC or group executive senior to the member being charged. The offenses being accused are of non-serious nature and the sentences are at the discretion of the person who convened the court of ethics. The court is not supposed to engage in investigation, but rather operate only on known evidence. There is no means of recourse from the sentence of a court of ethics.

1.3 Committee of Evidence. A Committee of evidence is usually referred to by the abbreviated term, \"CE\" and is a tribunal that deals with serious offenses. In principle, the CE is only convened at a member's request or when there is evidence of serious wrongdoing by a member. Administratively, the CE is initiated by the JG. This person does so at the request of the accused member who makes a formal request for the investigation of the accused violation(s) of groups ethics and rules. A chairman, secretary, and two to five other members are chosen by the JG to serve on the CE. No one may object to any person who has been chosen to serve on the CE. Their task is to discover, read, and hear evidence for and against the accused member. They have two weeks to complete the CE. After reviewing evidence, the secretary and members vote on whether they think the accused member is guilty or not guilty of each of the presented charges. There is no standard method of voting. Conviction on a charge is by majority vote. The CE then passes its decision onto the Allied Jedi Council. The outcome of a CE is issued in a report called the \"Findings and Recommendations\". All CE members must acknowledge this report whether they agree with it or not.

1.4. Representation. At the initiation of a CE the accused has the right to choose a representative that will defend the accused to the CE. If the accused chooses to appoint a representative the accused then has the right to refrain from any and all comment or response and to leave all aforementioned communication to the chosen representative.

1.5 Trial. No trial of any sort can take place without the mandatory attendance of the accused. In the case of a Court of Ethics the accused must be present and in the instance of a CE either the accused or their representative must be in attendance. Furthermore, trials are to be open to the general body of the Order/group unless a closed trial is requested by the accused. Also, a trial must be set at a date and time convenient and accessible to either the accused or their representative. Notification of any and all proposed trials must be submitted to either the accused or their representative not less than two weeks prior to the proposed trial and are subject to the accused or the representative’s ability to appear at the proposed date and time. If the proposed date and time for trial are approved by either the accused or their representative the CE will receive confirmation at the proposed trial date no less than three days prior to the trial.

1.6 Trial Scheduling Exceptions.
A. Ignorance. If, after three consecutive attempts to schedule a trial, the accused or their representative does not confirm a trial date then the accused will be immediately and without deliberation be banned from the order/site/group. This circumstance can only be exercised after a minimum time period of six weeks. If the accused has been banned from the order/site/group due to a lack of trial confirmation the accused will have the opportunity, if they have contacted the AJC, to appear for their trial at a date no sooner than six months from the date of their banishment.

B. Extensions. If the accused and/or their representative know of upcoming circumstances that will require a leave of absence than an extension can be made beyond the possible six weeks that the notification process is capable of. In the need for an extension the accused or their representative is required to notify the CE of the need for an extension no less than three days prior to the proposed trial date depending upon which attempt the CE is currently making in force to set a trial date.

1.7 Board of Decisions. After the CE has submitted the \"Findings and Recommendations\" report to the AJC it then becomes the AJC’s responsibility to assign punishment. At this stage of the judicial process the Council is referred to as the Board of Decisions and as such the appropriate punishment, if any, must be decided by a majority vote of the AJC/Board of Decisions.

1.8 Disclosure. At the conclusion of all trials the AJC is required to announce its decision(s) of both guilt/innocence and punishment to the general membership of the respective order by means of the order site’s homepage no later than twenty-four (24) hours after any and all judicial decisions are made. Furthermore, if the accused has appointed a representative for the purposes of a CE then the JG is further required to notify the accused of their decision(s) via e-mail.

1.9 Punishment. The punishment meted out by the AGC must be appropriate to the offense(s) that the accused has been found guilty of. The following constitutes a list of possible punishments. There is unavoidable overlap among these punishments though no punishment is to be dealt out in conjunction with another punishment. (Multiple punishments are acts of retribution, not justice.)

a. Expulsion.
b. Suspension
c. Rank Reduction.
d. Forum Restriction.
e. Chastisement

1.10 Appeals. Any member/group found guilty by means of trial has the right to appeal their judgment. In the case of an appeal the matter will be handled by a CE and it shall consist of members that have had no connection to the case prior to the formation of the CE, with the exception of the accused member’s/group’s representative who may be retained from a prior CE. A case may be appealed no more than one (1) time.

Application to the Alliance of Jedi Communities - Criteria Checklist

ORDER/GROUP CRITERIA YES NO COMMENTS
Jedi Code
Jedi Creed
Jedi Teachings
Jedi Oath
Jedi Values
Jedi Beliefs
Judicial system
Site Rules
Site goals
Introduction forum/similar
Terms of Service/similar
Ranks system if applicable
Rank recognition if applicable
Clergy rank system
Clergy rank recognition
Seminary
Prior learning accepted
Jedi Ceremonies
Ministry oath
Clergy handbook
Ordination Certificates
Jedi holidays and anniversaries acknowledged
Orders Certificate of Marriage or similar in use.
Seminary or training provided

This is the entire plan so you can judge it any way you want. This is the information that i promised to show all of you and i am sorry for not posting it earlier. If you have any questions i would be happy to answer them for you.

Kreia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4149 by
Replied by on topic Re:Here is the UJ plan
Thank you, Kreia. Now I have something to meditate over after reading it through. I trust the rest of our membership will read and meditate over it as well. Thank you, again, for providing this information for us.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #4150 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Here is the UJ plan
Well Kreia, I am happy you did decide to send us a resume of the UJ. I will read through it carefully.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4151 by
Well, I briefly skimmed through it, and will give it a more thorough reading when I have the time, thank you Kreia.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4152 by
I am sorry for that outburst and i was misinformed and i do apologize for that completely irrational post. While we are still withdrawing the request we aren't closing our doors we are simply leaving the decision up to all of you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4153 by
Kreia... You know this is being done by a group that is open to anyone and has more members and at least 8 Jedi Sites arlready invovled? I recognize I told you about it before...but it's gotten to be fairly well established now.

http://jedionline.org/powwow/index.php?board=1.0

They have received a lot of heat for suggesting a central authority and are backing-off a bit on it. It started as an idea for Jedi Online safety...and when a central power authority was suggested...it didn't go over.

Now these are the Jedi Founders (involved 10 or more years with Jedi Online). They are a large and influencial group. They do not go around to sites, but when they have all voices heard, hope people will want to sign-up and become part of a whole...

Here's my fear: Two Unity groups arguing about who is the official unity group. Kreia...with those 4 in your group not known well in the Jedi community, I fear your Unity drive will only cause...dis-unity?

I am not saying you are wrong. I am not saying they are right. I'm not sure all this isn't maybe too invasive and won't just \"happen\"?

Maybe you all should join them? Or at least add your voices and talk to them?

-Asta Sophi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4155 by
Wow, what a choice!

On one hand we can continue the way we are, un-abaded and growing on our own, gathering new membership nearly everyday. Or...

We can join the United Jedi Empire and fall under the \"authority\" of Jedi from a bunch of other sites who know nothing of what we do here, who are not tolerant on other views of the Force, and who think that there needs to be a Jedi judicial system. Wow, arresting officer, judge, jury and executioner all in one, thats effecient.

I won't be a part of such a thing, if the membership here decides to let our temple be overran, so be it, but I'll be gone. I don't have to have a site to come to, to be a Jedi its all inside.

I'm not giving an ultimatum, its the memberships choice, but I'm letting my choice be known.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4156 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Wow, what a choice!

On one hand we can continue the way we are, un-abaded and growing on our own, gathering new membership nearly everyday. Or...

We can join the United Jedi Empire and fall under the \"authority\" of Jedi from a bunch of other sites who know nothing of what we do here, who are not tolerant on other views of the Force, and who think that there needs to be a Jedi judicial system. Wow, arresting officer, judge, jury and executioner all in one, thats effecient.

I won't be a part of such a thing, if the membership here decides to let our temple be overran, so be it, but I'll be gone. I don't have to have a site to come to, to be a Jedi its all inside.

I'm not giving an ultimatum, its the memberships choice, but I'm letting my choice be known.

DK

I am either right behind you or right in front of you but one thing is for sure..... You and I definitely feel the same about this order of business. You should read my other post in the UJ withdrawal forum... if you haven't already. I smell something..... :sick:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4157 by
I had to slip you some karma for that one man how's fourteen feeling on ya?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4160 by
I think it's a good idea all ways around that got out of hand...

I don't know that much about Kreia's plan...but the writing and rules are ... a lot of reading!

The Jedi Powwow started off to help with online security...and morphed into something else....

I think sites do need to continue to monitor themselves. I think some in the Jedi Community may want to protect the Jedi Online reputation a little from some really \"rogue\" Jedi sites. ( Maybe someone using the Jedi name and sites for a pyramid scheme...you know...illegal stuff. Or a porn site...you know...).

That said, I know George Lucas and his legal team are watching. A few years ago a site tried to sell \"Jedi\" online logo items (not an individual site...but something more general...not sure.) The people at George Lucas were on that FAST. I know they had to stop immediately and destroy/discontinue the product immediately.

In many ways...Unity is already happening. It's happening within the membership. People get to know one another. It's how it should happen...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi