Jedi and Religion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2764 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi and Religion
Understanding of the force does not come from thinking. It comes from feeling. Instead of hanging onto names and codes, try instead to focus on breathing. Slow and rhythmic ,quiet your intellect as it will only serve to hinder you here.
To be jedi is to breathe.
No more no less.
See the vast depths of the void behind your eyelids
Hear the wind speak of eternity
Feel the power of the suns rays wash over you
Feel the yearning pull of this earths gravity beneath you
All the questions you have will answer themsleves in the fullness of breath.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2861 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi and Religion
When I come to think about it, what is common to us all is simply trust and the quest for happiness. In what we trust and what our happiness looks like is where we begin to diversify.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2862 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi and Religion
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Although I somewhat agree with Ceris on this one, I have to say if you require a set definition of what you believe and hold your faith in, are you really on your own path, or are they really your beliefs? Whether your a Christian, a Buddhist or what ever, why must your path be set in stone before you take your first step? Each of us has our own path to walk, and our own part to play in the big picture, however we define what that is by our actions and choices. Our paths are not decided because \"well I believe in God, so if I don't go to church every Sunday, and try to win souls at every opportunity, give 10 percent of my gross earnings to the church, I'm going to Hell\" (no offense to Christians, just easiest to use as an example) it just doesn't make sense. If this were the case we would all be alike, we'd all follow the same path. Sometimes the direction your heading gets blocked by a tree that fell, so you move in a different direction, but its the same path, its YOUR path, no-one elses.

DK

Committment

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2863 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jedi and Religion
This one reason why I welcome the multitude of Religions, Spiritualities..., everyone can find a place to call home, aplace where they realise a full expression. The fear that this multitude divides comes from a unilateral background which eventually in one way or the other sacrifices the individual.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi