Light, Dark or both?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13595 by
Light, Dark or both? was created by
I thought this was a Jedi Temple, Yet I see a Fifth \"Sith\" rite here. It seems hypocritical to have the Jedi befriending Sith and the Sith befriending the Jedi. If I misunderstand, please forgive me. And if I am, please elaborate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13600 by
Replied by on topic Re:Light, Dark or both?
It should be noted that many Jedi Masters have wandered deep into the Dark Side at one point or another. Even Yoda had some dark periods.

From what I understand, the Fifth Rite is purely for those who are strong enough to withhold the Jedi Way while still dipping into the Dark Side.

Think of it like Mace Windu. ;)

(Masters? Did I get it right in any way, shape or form? :unsure: )

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #13601 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Light, Dark or both?
Impressive Br. Xiam, most impressive...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 16 years 2 weeks ago #13605 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Light, Dark or both?
Xiam wrote:

It should be noted that many Jedi Masters have wandered deep into the Dark Side at one point or another. Even Yoda had some dark periods.

From what I understand, the Fifth Rite is purely for those who are strong enough to withhold the Jedi Way while still dipping into the Dark Side.

Think of it like Mace Windu. ;)

(Masters? Did I get it right in any way, shape or form? :unsure: )

I am also very impressed. Very well put. We are not the characters from the Star Wars epic movie, nor the extended Star Wars Universe. To be so would be very limiting. Everyone is free to follow his/her own path.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13607 by
To true, and everyone has put things very well. Think about it, we all believe in the Force correct? Then being at war with someone else who believes in the Force would be Detrimental to our cause. In some time in the future there may come a time when someone feels the need to be our enemy but until then we will remain allies and even friends.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13609 by
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

To true, and everyone has put things very well. Think about it, we all believe in the Force correct? Then being at war with someone else who believes in the Force would be Detrimental to our cause. In some time in the future there may come a time when someone feels the need to be our enemy but until then we will remain allies and even friends.

So we can crush the nonbelievers, yes? :woohoo:

(Sorry, went into nutty time... I'm actually of the mind that we should help all who need it, regardless of beliefs. It just seemed a good place to make a Religious War joke. Sorta. Kinda. Maybe. Okay, not really...)

But yes, fighting with other Force believers is a bit... well, actually, a lot of people within similar religions have argued and killed over the details. Catholics and Protestants have had a LOT of bloody disputes.

Though I haven't seen much violence between real Jedi and Sith - the Sith I've seen here seem to be pretty nice.

Which is good. Maybe the Force works better in reality than in fiction? Or maybe they're just Jedi by another name... oowooh... ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13612 by
Forgive me, with all of your help I have begun to understand that there is no absolutes, especially in spirituality. Because everyone struggles with Darkness(even in the movies), there is no perfect Jedi. We either keep the Darkness in check most of the time, or we become the Darkness.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13619 by
mddeitz wrote:

I thought this was a Jedi Temple, Yet I see a Fifth \"Sith\" rite here. It seems hypocritical to have the Jedi befriending Sith and the Sith befriending the Jedi. If I misunderstand, please forgive me. And if I am, please elaborate.

Hi! Well, I think that we should know The Force from every side, not only from the light, but also grey and dark side. Remember, the one who doesn't respect his enemies will soon become his biggest enemy himself. Respect is the essential virtue that all Jedi should have. Respect your enemies because they are part of The Force, too. Jing and Jang, do you know? Remember what Agent Smith in Matrix said to captivated Morpheus?

\"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.\"

We need Dark siders here... to balance The Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #13621 by
Very well said...all of you.
This temple will not discriminate against any one.Not even the dark users.You could say that they learn about that side of the force so we dont have to.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #13727 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Light, Dark or both?
Very good points made here. We often pigeon hole people quickly, labels such as light / dark are the most used used in the Jedi forums.

In reality I have experienced very few Dark Jedi or Sith who behave in a manner depicted in the movies, the few that do act in this fashion are mostly playing at a role and drift off rather quickly, the remaining are genuinely angry at life and when they realize that they have no followers amongst the Jedi, they too leave, seeking groups that share their viewpoints...I wonder how many members of the \"I hate Fags\" group are angry individuals who are willing to hate and lash out at anything...the target of their hate dosen't matter as long as they get to rant and rave and attempt to instill(sp?)fear in people.

Glad to see we do not see that here.

I am a self admitted Shadow / Dark / Sith because after attempting to be a uber gleaming white Jedi I found that it was an impossible goal for me. My choice was to be honest or leave the order, because for me to remain and pretend to be what I am not, is unaceptable. It would be a lie to my friends as well to myself.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi