Founding a real temple where we could live and train together

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13282 by
Of course Master *bows* volunteered money is all that I would expect...but there are other things...fundraisers for example, shows where bands play, conventions, and the like, are also sources of income that are highly viable

Ive been the tresurer for several different organizations, including my school right now, it is not hard to do such things

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13290 by
Lejne has some good ideas.I also have a few ways to get money but my legal states wont allow me to get it. If your an American over the age of 18 and you have a credit card than you by your self could not only buy a building but still have money left over.

Here are some ways

Get a loan use your own personal money to pay for it and the temple works to reimburse you.Its that easy if one is so willing.

also

America has to give away 3 mill each year to cheraty. You just have to know where to find it.There are allot of businesses wouldnt mind giving away some money for lower taxes. If you look for some near you youll find them. With the bigger businesses you have to make deals.Like if they need money for a project but the bank wont let them take that much out at once. We make a deal. They take out lets say $3,000 and we get $800 for our selfs and they get money for their project.There are really a great number of places that you can get money for cheraty.The ONLY problem is that YOU have to get up and do it.Im not saying that none of you will try but so far it seems like we need a little more motivation. o.O

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 weeks ago #13291 by Jon
Here in Europe that wouldn`t be possible. Is the easieness of getting a loan the reason for the financial crisis in the US?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13292 by
Viable options, all. And something I'm willing to explore once I'm done with this show (we're movin' into Hell Week now) and can focus more on it.
I'll be happy just to have enough people locally to have the charter, right now. :)
-Chance

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 3 weeks ago #13294 by Jon
You are in my prayers and thoughts. MTFBWY Br. Chance!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13297 by
if it is crisis than all i can say to the US is

Thank you for helping us, help you, help us all.

The US's crisis has nothing to do with us for the time being. You cant help others if you cant help your self.

I guess we will have to put our hopes on ChanceArgo's Church.From there things should only get easier.

There are still a number of way we can do this. Small buildings dont cost much and the and all we need is a place for people to meet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13298 by
Would training be taken place at this temple as well?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #13300 by Jon
As far as what is happening at Br.Chance`s Church is his decision. Also I would like to note that many members seem very responsible members. Many have families of their own and have learned in life as to how much they can loan or not. I mean they have families at stake, children`s lives. I couldn`t agree more if you can`t help yourself by recoginising your own limits then God help the others. I think everyone can be proud of what we reached so far, expecting more might be pushing it. I wish at this point to thank all members for their efforts and contributions made to this Temple to make it what it is. MTFBW us in our future.

Strange the crisis had influenced us in namely the Deutsche Bank and the Swiss USB Bank who invested in US Building Capital. They lost their money.

Last edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13308 by
Did I tell you I love you today Jon? See if we're ever going to make this a reality then we NEED to understand our limits and exhibit the patience and focused effort we train to cultivate. Taking a loan to build a temple at this point in Jediism's life is to soon and would in my opinion do more harm then good. If we want to take this from the cyber world in to the physical then it all starts with us. First and foremost you have to understand that the most important temple is not one that can be built by brick and mortar, but the temple in YOU. Cultivate yourselves first and all else will follow. Chance will tell you how many times I've said this. A physical temple will not make anyone a Jedi or advance training because all of these things start and end within us. What we're seeing is people concerned with an end result and not many looking to take the necessary steps to get there. Remember it's not the temple that will make us but the journey to get to that point. If you live in a area where there are other temple members close by then why not start your own meeting group or church gathering? To me this is the cement in the foundation of Jediism and a large step towards the realization of that dream.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13312 by
\"I guess we will have to put our hopes on ChanceArgo's Church.\"

Thanks, Daniel. No Pressure. :P

I absolutely have to agree with Master Merin. WE are the Church, WE are the Temple, not where we meet. I could hold services in my living room, and training sessions in the park, and that would be our church. Wherever we as Jedi meet, that is our Church, that is our Temple.
Yes, it is desirable to have a dedicated building that we can point to where we can gather, but till we have one...there's something to be said for a lakeside service in a park.
MTFBWUA,
-Chance

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi