Founding a real temple where we could live and train together

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13262 by
Have you ever thought about founding a real temple where we could live and train together?

I know, it may sound too sci-fi, a lot of us have families, homes and works. But just think about it - I think that everybody could find small money to donate them... for this thing. Then we could start to live like our movie counterparts. Maybe even help people in the way they did! It would be hard to talk government into it but I think it would pay in the end. What do you think about it? I may sound naive but I am not. I am for real. Everything is possible, isn't it? Don't say you have never thought about it ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13267 by
We are actually *supposed* to be building a temple in Michigan (aren't we? anyone have an update on this?). I'm planning to charter a local church shortly. There are also Gatherings all the time and all over the place, where Jedi meet and train together.
Patience, sister. We're working on it.
:)
-Chance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13268 by
Holy sh...! That's great! Can't wait to visit it!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #13269 by Jon
Sorry to be the bringer of not so good news. But looks like that project is lost. The person who was to organise and donate the place has made himself scarse. He has not replied and does not respond to inquireies. For quite some time now. Sorry.

As far as donations are concerned we`re having a job keeping this place going.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13270 by
HMMMMMMMMMMM...
Well, then, as soon as I can get my church chartered, y'all are welcome to come visit anytime!
At least it's a start...

-Chance

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 3 weeks ago #13271 by Jon
Fantastic, Br.Chance. You are the light at the end of the tunnel. Lol, make sure there are enough seats.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13272 by
While we may not be building a physical temple right now, there's no reason that dream should be lost. Yet instead of dreaming, maybe we should start planning. What Chance is doing by starting a local chapter in his hometown is in my opinion the first logical step in founding of a real, physical central temple. Everything being equal there's no reason why we can't start a chapter or even a meeting group in our local areas. To me this is doable and if enough are formed we can then start to talk about raising funds for a physical location for this cyber temple.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13274 by
What could be done is something taken from the Christian churches of today...what is their main source of income? Tithing

if all of us voluntarily tithed about %5+ of each of our paychecks into a seperate church account, eventually we would have enough money to build an actual temple, and even have a tower for the Master Jedi Council....then later on we could get involved in the gov't as peacekeepers, im sure we could work something out involving background checks, school history, etc....my brothers and sisters...this IS possible and I will GLADLY volunteer my time and effort to make it happen

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 3 weeks ago #13277 by Jon
The idea is good Br. Lenje but we must remain in every sense an organisation based on voluntary donations. I am sure that there are members who will not and cannot give. In my case my wife would not be too thrilled about the idea :( .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13279 by
To have a vision of this nature is important - it is the driving force behind much of what we believe. I would gladly move to the US to join such a physical place. In the meantime Fr Jon has hit upon something locally, in this Temple. There is a famous Chinese quote that goes something like this: Every great journey starts with one small step...

Fr Jon is right to mention that all spiritual communities, if we want them to be centre's of excellence need support - and that means giving. I'm not here for a free-ride. I give what I can and as often as I can to this Temple, and that is a start. It is the first small step on an epic journey, supported by the spiritual over-sight of this Temple and the Master who acts as my mentor, guide, tutor and more.

Bless your vision....

Mark

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi