What would you like (me) to talk about ?

More
3 years 11 months ago #350758 by Jhannuzs Ian
I agree that Presence, Empathy, Integrity and my Authenticity provide crucial aspects to my relationships. And that the tendency to expect reciprocity is a game, let's say: not useful.

You recently told me on Skype about your interest in phenomenology, so the previous variables could lead us to:
Just being present to any I choose by some reason.
Did you lower your expectations to cero?

The idea of ​​giving atention/love to others without expecting anything is easy to say, but in reality I cannot accept the lack of empathy or a certain level of interest on creating a quality relationship, of any kind.
In my reality, respect is basic, it is not hierarchy, it is equity and interest to build something valuable, teamwork always create synergy.

I'm aware that my imagination mixed with unrealistic expectations can always interfere. Knowing myself is vital to know my wounds filtering experiences: Sometimes a smile is only kindness and a rejection is not war. Depend how I give meanings to others actions also how I put limits.

Would you like to mention some way you resolved a disagreement with a friend or partner?

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #350761 by Alexandre Orion
Just to be clear, when I spoke of hierarchy, I was only referring to the relationships of domination (sort of a strong word there, but it is the one Pinker uses), such as in a workplace : the relationship between boss and subordinate is one of domination. That domination does not need be draconian, but it is one where one party is in a position of relative power over another.

We're now trying - and have been for a few years - to substitute "subordinate" for "collaborator". This may take some time.

Respect is a quite misunderstood notion. It begins with the one doing the respecting. It is not an emotion as such ; it is a regard, rather a re-regard unto that/whom is respected. In short, it is taking another look at ...

For a better understanding of respect, I would suggest consulting the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Jhannuzs Ian

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #350825 by
Very good video, I was today very distracted and couldn't focus on anything,
but your video somehow brought me back to present. (good to see someone who do not just speak, but turn it into practice)
I agree with that the most difficult for relationship are, as you said the expectations of return what we gave,
in fact the reciprocity relationships are the ones which are in my life the most frequent.
And have to say that it evokes within me a kind of fear from relationships.
But for instance I can´t imagine the world which would work in different ways, because as you said, government and our
upbringing was based on this principle, and in fact it´s not far from truth because everything is conditional, and dependant on
each little aspect as a whole. As Buddhism teaches.
The solution for this kind of relationship could be the idea of Christian´s view on Love. That love doesn´t expect anything for return.
I think you mentioned that also. Christianity also elaborate the thought of unconditional love, but is it really possible? Because when somebody
unlearn to think in conditions, then the unconditional love is in the end conditioned by effort of unconditional thinking. Lol

More
3 years 11 months ago #350826 by Alexandre Orion
One of the factors that makes relationships, all relationships, tricky issues to discuss exhaustively is that there are so many variables and there are some notions - which are indeed nice ones - that we, as human beings, shall never be able to master. Unconditional love (agapè) is like Utopia : we ought to try without ever expecting to realise it completely.

Our convivial and many of our reciprocity relationships can be made more pleasant or more effective by something that we can strengthen, that being our capacity for philia. The thing is, philia is never really free - there's always something to be exchanged. That is not purely transactional, and doesn't have to be 50/50, but there is a give and take. This is where the notions of Justice, Clemency and Mercy come into our relationships.

~ David Hume

~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
3 years 11 months ago #350831 by Jhannuzs Ian
Giving to receive, has many contexts and intensities, I wish I can create more often a natural scenario in all kinds of my relationships, I'll keep working with myself to review this because my relationships are shaped by these conscious or unconscious notions and in the case of Jediism we could open the topic to the Jedi-Variables, but arriving to the topic of Equity, perhaps I would create a loop.

• How do you apply Jediism in your relationships?
• Will we always be eclectic Jedi people using myths and metaphors to try to achieve something?
• Do you use Jediism to help you to clean your Perception to achieve some result? Or you just jump to your favorite Merleau Ponty?

♪ ♫ ♪
My code:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 11 months ago #350832 by Alexandre Orion

• How do you apply Jediism in your relationships?
• Will we always be eclectic Jedi people using myths and metaphors to try to achieve something?
• Do you use Jediism to help you to clean your Perception to achieve some result? Or you just jump to your favorite Merleau Ponty?

These are excellent questions, Jhannuzs.

Last things first : Merleau-Ponty wasn't a prophet, he was just a philosopher - a good one, but still a philosopher. What he did was to remind us that we are living bodies and that our phenomenology - our "I", if you would - comes from our bodily sensations, our perceptions of our 'selves' in the environment (even, especially, our social environment). So, no, I do not jump to Merleau-Ponty to cleanse my perceptions. Indeed, I don't "jump" anywhere. I stay where I am (physically anyway) and move to acceptance of the present moment no matter how I feel about it. Feeling sad, afraid or angry is not an illness. Sadness will pass ; anger can be transitory. That latter takes a little work, but that is another topic (not Merleau-Ponty but Martha Nussbaum).

I hope that we always remain eclectic, that is why I am opposed to the Special Interest Groups (with the exception of the geographic ones). Jediism can be, if we engage with it wisely, a meeting place for people who trust the Force (rather than use it) to rise with our challenges, take off our armour ("leave your weapons ; you won't need them") to be vulnerable enough to enter into genuine encounter with one another and thus liberate our creativity for achieving things. We really can't use myth any more than we can use dreams - they can give us insights into motivations of the body that are in conflict with the mind. Minds tend to get misshapen by doxa, public opinion and 'popularity' to the extent that we don't even know what our values are.

The application of Jediism to relationships is as simple as retaining an understanding that the Other with whom we are in relation to is another human being who has her/his own existential landscape that he is navigating as best s/he can. That understanding can go a long way towards fostering empathy, from which follows a true compassion. I fuck up ; so does s/he. I'm selfish sometimes (often maybe) ; so is s/he (often maybe). I have desires and desperation ; so does s/he. Myth can help us understand how these can be reconciled. But we must remember, they are stories that indicate something which is so deep in the limbic brain that it has no access to language. That is what makes art (all the arts) important for the expression via symbolic re-presentation, of those things we cannot "say".

If you've ever had that beautiful experience of just being together with someone, without words, without anything that has any purposeful signification, but just simple togetherness - shared humanity - despite the total Otherness of that person being another "I" that we can never fully comprehend, that is the "in-between" where the Force is most strongly and presently felt.

~ David Hume

~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jhannuzs Ian

More
3 years 11 months ago #350835 by Jhannuzs Ian
I hope you are good today too

I agree that the narrative of emotions is as interesting as accepting the moment without the polar labels of good or bad. The priority of the ideas before the sensations also has a certain percentage of validity, it depends on the intention and the context that each person begins to think, or the need to change some problem in relationships.

Martha Nussbaum evoke ideas about The Citizens of the World, and that returns me to Respect the Human Rights, Eclecticism and Empathy as a bridge to connect with the existential landscape of each evolving relationship.

Interesting your answers and I have more ideas, but:

Do you plan to follow the flow with the initial requests in this thread and their ramifications?
Or do you already have some ideas for more videos?

♪ ♫ ♪
My code:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 11 months ago #350836 by Alexandre Orion
Let's just see where it leads ...

As it turns out, we have a pretty rapid internet connexion, so making videos isn't as difficult as it used to be.

~ David Hume

~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Jhannuzs Ian

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #350851 by Alexandre Orion
https://youtu.be/crypWqPWl5Y

I was going to post a link to the Tim Lott video short biographical sketch which I talked about in the video, but I couldn't find it : it just didn't come up in any search (and I know the title well). But, I found this one instead, which doesn't necessarily explain the learning and forgetting and remembering and forgetting ... but it does illustrate some of what I was getting on about with regards to reconciling our individual perspectives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5Oi4wPVVo

And something that Andy (Loudzoo) reminded me about. This bloke's channel is pretty good, although I reserve some doubts about "positivist psychology."

https://youtu.be/v_poNe3gDEM

~ David Hume

~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jhannuzs Ian

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #350861 by Jhannuzs Ian
Hi everyone, the invitation is open, share your ideas.

Alexandre, you started with your Jedi path, would you like to create a video regarding your belief in the Force?

I lived too a gradual resonance with the values ​​hidden and shown in the Jedi myth: George Lucas's modern condensation of some ancient philosophies or practices.

You mentioned you couldn't find the Off beat Zen by Tim Lott. Below I share it

Original text source:
https://aeon.co/essays/alan-watts-the-western-buddhist-who-healed-my-mind

Also in 2 formats in google-drive:

• mp3 - robotic english voice - 27 minutes
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EUKaaCmLcQEa9CwAG2Lb8gJXvKV1YO2O/view?usp=sharing
• pdf - 9 pages
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IMFryceu0PBINyN7vjXfhFP7YihypjzK/view?usp=sharing

It seems to me that you are inviting us to use our sensory system and intuition to approach to The Force,
(Mihály Csíkszentmihályi could appear with his description of the Flow State).
Empiricism also has its percentage of validity in the development of my / our knowledge. In another sense: presenting the reasons for something could prevent negative experiences (such as the necessary information that youth require to avoid the consumption of drugs with easy psychological and biochemical addiction).
Trying a "new" form of meditation would not hurt us, imagery or the moves could give us Serenity because we stop catastrophic thinking by lowering the excess of adrenaline and cortisol, yet wellbeing with harmonic aspects of The Force.

Would you like to talk about Intuition? In my opinion it is a variant of our intelligence, to anticipate things according to information stored, previous experiences or what we want to create, nothing about magical thinking, maybe you would like to talk about how you activate serendipity or incubation of ideas.

Going back to the individual way of perceiving and conceiving The Force, it really is a wide range and that's for the best. Sometimes as simple as being amazed because our breathing continues while we sleep.

It is true, sometimes we assume that everything must have an explanation, enjoying the mysteries can have certain variations throughout our lives, we could be very mystical and metaphorical, then rational and precise in the way we express ourselves. And then perhaps we could return to the fascination of some ritualistic dance and the use of runes. The amount of delight we can create in appreciating the mysteries could highlight the phase of life we ​​are in or a chosen lifestyle with free will.

Those Koans you shared, and the first in particular, years ago when I first heard it, I got carried away by the first impression, but then I began to feel empathy for the friend or disciple, who learned the rules established by his community. Then the teacher breaks his adherence to the rules and escapes with a new exception to the rule. Wisdom requires context, we know, but escaping the rules also requires acuity. Updating the foolish rules is also another way to evolve.
The ambivalence of the meaning of the Koan, could fall on the character that we focus or play, I have never heard any version of the Koan where the woman gives her opinion on it, (obtaining the benefit would surely be a bias due to the convenience of not touching the water or the mud), then the koan would transform again and could be utilitarian according to the beneficiary.
With this Koan, we dont need to be close to the mud nor have a woman waiting, to start thinking how to resolve the dilemma, could be a mystery if we change many womans and persons from the "helpless state" of not being able to solve by themselves: crossing to the other side.

I agree with: learning to live with the Ambiguity and Paradox.
Which makes me aware of my changing need for control, its cycles, or the real need to change something really vital.
Allowing mystery to be, right now, sounds like enjoying a double rainbow without needing to understand all the theories of light refraction.

I would like to hear your recent spontaneous experiences about The Force, but
If you prefer to use your intuition to keep sharing videos, that is another way to keep in touch with a Jedi Tribe.

♪ ♫ ♪
My code:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jhannuzs Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi