What is the Force MkII

More
5 years 6 days ago - 5 years 6 days ago #335421 by Gisteron
Alas there is no longer a way to see who moderates what part of the forum, there is no one in particular one can go and plea before for the reopening of an active thread locked for no reason whatsoever sometime during the night. Because I find it preposterous that what seems to be little more than someone's caprice be the reason the entire Temple must discontinue a discussion that is interesting at least to some, I am hereby taking the liberty to open a new thread, separate from the old, but with which I shall not at all pretend that it is a genuinely different one. This thread is, make no mistake, intended solely as a place to continue the old one, and I am happy to bear all consequences of the "impudence" I am indubitably displaying in daring to do this. Had there been someone I could go to and talk about why the old thread is locked and what it would take to reopen it, some more convenient way to resolve this, I would have tried so. There isn't. So here we are.

Adder wrote: I like this :D

"we can conceive of no radical separation between forming and being formed, and between substance and space and time…the universe is conceived as a continuum [in which] spatio-temporal events disclose themselves as "stresses" or "tensions" within the constitutive matrix…the cosmic matrix evolves in patterned flows…some flows hit upon configurations of intrinsic stability and thus survive, despite changes in their evolving environment…these we call systems."
~ Ervin Laszlo

I'm glad you like it. What does it mean to you? I am unfortunately lacking all of the context where Dr. Laszlo surely explains how he uses those terms that are no doubt technical terms and not just empty gibberish. Shy of that context, I'm afraid I barely understand at all what he could possibly be meaning by it which for me happens to hinder my enjoyment of it gravely. Do you know more? I understand that it was posted to provoke thought on the subject. We know now how you feel about it - you like it. So what do you think about it, then?

// Original Thread at https://templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/122238-what-is-the-force

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 6 days ago by Adder. Reason: added link to original thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago #335422 by
Replied by on topic What is the Force MkII
So long as this thread can remain civil, should be no issue with it. (I may be wrong, but we will see)

If you have questions about the moderation, the security team (managed by JLSpinner) would be happy to help. (I personally find it easiest to contact him via discord, as he doesn't need to log in to see it).

annnnnd continue. ;p

More
5 years 6 days ago #335424 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is the Force MkII

Gisteron wrote: Alas there is no longer a way to see who moderates what part of the forum, there is no one in particular one can go and plea before for the reopening of an active thread locked for no reason whatsoever sometime during the night. Because I find it preposterous that what seems to be little more than someone's caprice be the reason the entire Temple must discontinue a discussion that is interesting at least to some, I am hereby taking the liberty to open a new thread, separate from the old, but with which I shall not at all pretend that it is a genuinely different one. This thread is, make no mistake, intended solely as a place to continue the old one, and am happy to bear all consequences of the impudence I am indubitably displaying in daring to do this. Had there been someone I could go to and talk about why the old thread is locked and what it would take to reopen it, some more convenient way to resolve this, I would have tried so. There isn't. So here we are.

Adder wrote: I like this :D

"we can conceive of no radical separation between forming and being formed, and between substance and space and time…the universe is conceived as a continuum [in which] spatio-temporal events disclose themselves as "stresses" or "tensions" within the constitutive matrix…the cosmic matrix evolves in patterned flows…some flows hit upon configurations of intrinsic stability and thus survive, despite changes in their evolving environment…these we call systems."
~ Ervin Laszlo

I'm glad you like it. What does it mean to you? I am unfortunately lacking all of the context where Dr. Laszlo surely explains how he uses those terms that are no doubt technical terms and not just empty gibberish. Shy of that context, I'm afraid I barely understand at all what he could possibly be meaning by it which for me happens to hinder my enjoyment of it gravely. Do you know more? I understand that it was posted to provoke thought on the subject. We know now how you feel about it - you like it. So what do you think about it, then?

Not sure why the urgent interest from you and Kyrin in my thoughts on it.... as I've been painting walls in 100f all day and was reading system philosophy in my downtime... found that quote of interest, so posted. Feels good to have my opinion so needed :D But now I must sleep!
As to the rest of your thoughts, threads get locked so people can cool down and stalling threads are not let to spiral out of control. Locks are historically only short term, and so new threads will likely be merged with originals at a later date.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 6 days ago #335425 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What is the Force MkII
Oh, this is not personal, not for me anyway. It's just that with the quote isolated I can do nothing. As I said and as you are quoting me saying, shy of an elaborative context explaining what any of it means, it sounds like gibberish to me. I can't think anything of it. Since you posted it, I figured you may know more about what is being said there. It's not so much about the inner workings of your mind in particular as it is about what can be made of the quote generally.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 6 days ago #335426 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is the Force MkII

Gisteron wrote: Oh, this is not personal, not for me anyway. It's just that with the quote isolated I can do nothing. As I said and as you are quoting me saying, shy of an elaborative context explaining what any of it means, it sounds like gibberish to me. I can't think anything of it. Since you posted it, I figured you may know more about what is being said there. It's not so much about the inner workings of your mind in particular as it is about what can be made of the quote generally.

It's ok to have nothing to say. I guess options for being in that predicament is to explore the internet for more information (I did give the authors name for example), or even not posting. If I had more to say I might have said it then, or later. It's also quite common for people to post content and wait to hear others opinions on it before sharing their own - so not to lead view of it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago #335427 by
I'm a big fan of the 'three blind men and the elephant' parable when it comes to exploring the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago #335428 by

Williamkaede wrote: I'm a big fan of the 'three blind men and the elephant' parable when it comes to exploring the Force.

This one? I quite like it, and basically agree with your statement. Blind men touching only single parts of a whole we cannot see.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago #335429 by
That's the one. I think it's a great way of exploring The Force, and Campbellian themes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago - 5 years 6 days ago #335436 by

Adder wrote: Not sure why the urgent interest from you and Kyrin in my thoughts on it.... as I've been painting walls in 100f all day and was reading system philosophy in my downtime... found that quote of interest, so posted. Feels good to have my opinion so needed :D But now I must sleep!
As to the rest of your thoughts, threads get locked so people can cool down and stalling threads are not let to spiral out of control. Locks are historically only short term, and so new threads will likely be merged with originals at a later date.

It seems the only one that got heated over this subject was you in that high temp paint project. And you over reacted and stretched the faithful use of your admin panel. I was baffled as to the post as well. It does seem a meaningless thing to post especially without an explanation or even an opinion from the poster. That's all I was asking for, a little clarity or insight into why you posted it. You accused me of derail but absent a context to tie your post into the rest of the thread I would conclude your post is the original derail. If you posted it why don't you want to discuss it?
Last edit: 5 years 6 days ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago #335437 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Adder wrote: Not sure why the urgent interest from you and Kyrin in my thoughts on it.... as I've been painting walls in 100f all day and was reading system philosophy in my downtime... found that quote of interest, so posted. Feels good to have my opinion so needed :D But now I must sleep!

It seems the only one that got heated over this subject was you in that high temp paint project. And you over reacted and stretched the faithful use of your admin panel. I was baffled as to the post as well. It does seem a meaningless thing to post especially without an explanation or even an opinion from the poster. That's all I was asking for, a little clarity or insight into why you posted it. You accused me of derail but absent a context to tie your post into the rest of the thread I would conclude your post is the original derail. If you posted it why don't you want to discuss it?

Ideas, not people....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi