What constitutes a Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327327 by
Replied by on topic What constitutes a Jedi

zeroequalsone wrote: If I may be so bold...
I don't believe it is a matter of flaws..
The force doesn't make flaws, or mistakes.
We are created with certain strengths and weaknesses.
Then it provides lessons (daily situations), where we gain knowledge of the world around us and how it works. Then we apply this knowledge to ourselves to make our weaknesses, strengths (wisdom). It's the only way we can grow with intent.
Just as we exercise our bodies to gain physical strength, there are exercises for our mind, and our spirit, soul, whatever term is applicable.
But that doesn't make a weakness a flaw, it's an opportunity for growth.
How wonderful that the force is such a loving energy that it builds the question and the answer into the same matrix...

Yes! It's a beautiful thing. Almost as if it actually made for us to prosper and this present suffering is kinda artificial lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327336 by
Replied by on topic What constitutes a Jedi
I don't like this sense of nihilism that follows the free style brand of jedism which to be honest was never a brand anyway it was the origin of our species that evolved to the point of intelligent sentinent being absolutely nothing wrong with free style beinness within the Jedi paradym. If you have already mastered the main tenants and maxims then I suggest a more sincere approach to cultivating inner wisdom... May the force be with you forever is and always will be our commitment to service and within that attitude that total poise every moment engaged with the next we find a fluidity to our thought stream. We begin to remember not just everything in our lives that matter the most but we get sometimes to dwell in awe at the mysterious workings of the force. I even as a self acknowledged master realize I know only the next breath. I cannot predict the future but I can prepare for it. My commitment is my practice. Like a singular razor sharp blade under the moonlight, the center point of the storm. My commitment is my journey. My prayer. It's my core. Everything else I do cones from my intention to serve humanity. I have no ego about it. I've already died and returned only to do it all over again and when I die the most important thing will be the other. Not me. Not my income or my sexual needs nor my complaints reservations nor preference but the pure unadulterated knowledge that I have lived to my very last breath as a ethical consideration to the other. This is no easy task. We have to renounce everything in order to finally see the light of day. I forgo peace to be present. I forgive ignorance in order to appreciate waking you up I ignore demands that are not of the force. I surrender not my power but my life to service so I may be a better instrument for peace. I dedicate my direction in order to quell disturbance in the force. I release my shortcomings at not being able to save everybody all of the time. I recognize that although I am Jedi I am simply human I forgive the next this moment to get to the next. My whole being is ready to die. I surrender to my calling. And I know peace.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327352 by Carlos.Martinez3

Anobi wrote: I don't like this sense of nihilism that follows the free style brand of jedism which to be honest was never a brand anyway it was the origin of our species that evolved to the point of intelligent sentinent being absolutely nothing wrong with free style beinness within the Jedi paradym. If you have already mastered the main tenants and maxims then I suggest a more sincere approach to cultivating inner wisdom... May the force be with you forever is and always will be our commitment to service and within that attitude that total poise every moment engaged with the next we find a fluidity to our thought stream. We begin to remember not just everything in our lives that matter the most but we get sometimes to dwell in awe at the mysterious workings of the force. I even as a self acknowledged master realize I know only the next breath. I cannot predict the future but I can prepare for it. My commitment is my practice. Like a singular razor sharp blade under the moonlight, the center point of the storm. My commitment is my journey. My prayer. It's my core. Everything else I do cones from my intention to serve humanity. I have no ego about it. I've already died and returned only to do it all over again and when I die the most important thing will be the other. Not me. Not my income or my sexual needs nor my complaints reservations nor preference but the pure unadulterated knowledge that I have lived to my very last breath as a ethical consideration to the other. This is no easy task. We have to renounce everything in order to finally see the light of day. I forgo peace to be present. I forgive ignorance in order to appreciate waking you up I ignore demands that are not of the force. I surrender not my power but my life to service so I may be a better instrument for peace. I dedicate my direction in order to quell disturbance in the force. I release my shortcomings at not being able to save everybody all of the time. I recognize that although I am Jedi I am simply human I forgive the next this moment to get to the next. My whole being is ready to die. I surrender to my calling. And I know peace.

The ability to incorporate Nihilism or - the all myth - is strictly to each individual modern day Jedist. The balance or the array of that broad scale of to mix or reject all or to include all - that freedom is in my opinion what CAN constitutes a Jedi. The beautiful between from one idea to all to none. I’ve seen that freedom of scope often keep as many times as free.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi