What constitutes a Jedi

More
5 years 9 months ago #323150 by Carlos.Martinez3
I patiently await the reply of members - apprentice s tm s council and Clergy - knights too! Looking foward to what I will learn from y’all !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323152 by
Replied by on topic What constitutes a Jedi
What Constitutes a "Jedi?"
> "a member of the mystical knightly order in the Star Wars films, trained to guard peace and justice in the universe."

Like it or not the term "Jedi" has been defined and very....VERY....clearly set to a very...VERY..specific idea. As long as anyone ever calls themselves a Jedi they will have one foot chained to THAT idea.

What Constitutes a Jedi of Jediism?

#1 - An acceptance and/or embracing of the title

#2 - A belief in "The Force" (A form of energy)

#3 - A chosen dedication to a set of Keystones in alignment to "Virtue"

#4 - A dedication to a set of practices and training in alignment to said Keystones (Individually determined or order/group organized)

#5 - Passing on the results either by service or teaching/education

Just my thoughts.

More
5 years 9 months ago #323156 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What constitutes a Jedi
A herald of epoche, and an envoy for the evergreen noetic-noematic schema. #tm :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323318 by

What constitutes a Jedi?

...a question that lives on throughout the decades...

Maybe we'll stop asking it if we stop calling ourselves by that title.

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone." —Coco Chanel

More
5 years 9 months ago #323370 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What constitutes a Jedi
Qualifications are dependent on the qualifier. Jedi alone is just that. A Jedi Knight of TOTJO has its requirements. A Jedi Knight of the Federation does too. They are not the same. Even if one simply claims it, with no affiliation, they consider themselves qualified to do so.

So, really, anybody. But how what worth is that title? Easily attained is lightly taken. I may have interest in my body and whats good for it...can I call myself a Doctor and expect the privileges that come with it?

It is my true worth, the skills I have attained, my value as a person. My name is my virtue.

So yes, anyone can be a Jedi...but what kind?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 9 months ago #323371 by Carlos.Martinez3
What type - I like that ! What type of Jedi can you be or are you ? That’s the meat n potatoes hi?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323377 by
Meh....Im not in favor of the "What Type" Next thing you know we will be classified under red team vs blue team in gym battles ;) lol

Jedi is Jedi and there should be a set standard for that.

Knight of an Order is a whole separate beast and has nothing to do with "Type" and all to do with "Alliance"

Just like going to school. Every school has a standard for first, second, third......highschool....college. These standards are done differently depending on where you go but there is still a "Core Spirit" of it all. You just choose your district and team colors by going to one or the other.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323378 by

Trisskar wrote: Jedi is Jedi and there should be a set standard for that.

Christianity has a 2,000 year head start and none of them can agree with each other either. I don't see why we should expect the Jedi to be able to do it.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323379 by Carlos.Martinez3

Trisskar wrote: Meh....Im not in favor of the "What Type" Next thing you know we will be classified under red team vs blue team in gym battles ;) lol

Jedi is Jedi and there should be a set standard for that.

Knight of an Order is a whole separate beast and has nothing to do with "Type" and all to do with "Alliance"

Just like going to school. Every school has a standard for first, second, third......highschool....college. These standards are done differently depending on where you go but there is still a "Core Spirit" of it all. You just choose your district and team colors by going to one or the other.

If the core beliefs and statues and maxims and beliefs and such are all basicly the same - then it’s the interpitation and applications I’m personally speaking about that can differ. There - is where we can choose to be our type. There we can apply how ever we like. No one Jedi can tell another Jedi - no you can’t do that - that’s kinna silly. There are no two Jedi alike when free will and choice are displayed at the point of interpitation and choice. There are many shades of color , As there are many shades of Jedi.

Edit : Every Jedi has the right to apply and practice how they like . My own opinion about how others apply will never grace this sacred place. I encourage each heart to apply their own choice of doctorine and way. You are always welcome to share your view , always . I encourage many others to do just that , so this ol Jedi can see more views out there and learn from em , my ministry is connections as well as my focus. The more I find - the more I can see.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323381 by

Goken wrote:

Trisskar wrote: Jedi is Jedi and there should be a set standard for that.

Christianity has a 2,000 year head start and none of them can agree with each other either. I don't see why we should expect the Jedi to be able to do it.

And yet every Christian believes in a god, a set of sacred texts, and a series of similar laws/rules to abide by. While each one varies the "Core Spirit" of Christianity remains.

Being younger and smaller means we should be able to do it better ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi